Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 8191.1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

I use the threat of Daniel O'Donnell music to keep my children behaved. They hate his music and will do anything to avoid hearing it.

An old lady told me off today for saying bad things about Daniel and then tried to tell my children he was actually a good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

grundie wrote: »
    I use the threat of Daniel O'Donnell music to keep my children behaved. They hate his music and will do anything to avoid hearing it.

An old lady told me off today for saying bad things about Daniel and then tried to tell my children he was actually a good man.
    Next time they misbehave treaten to send them off to live with the crazy old lady :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I didn't get the job :(

Ah balls x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

People who own dogs and are too f**king lazy to walk them, so they let them out of the house so they can wander around and sh*t all over the estate for other people to walk in.. not to mention running up at dogs who are being walked on a lead and teasing them.

They should get up off their lazy asses and look after the dog and take care of their responsibilities

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Lick your thumb/finger and rub it along it???

Stick a finger in knuckle deep and use the 'come hither' motion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

everlast75 wrote: »
    People who own dogs and are too f**king lazy to walk them, so they let them out of the house so they can wander around and sh*t all over the estate for other people to walk in.. not to mention running up at dogs who are being walked on a lead and teasing them.

They should get up off their lazy asses and look after the dog and take care of their responsibilities

It's the same in my estate and it drives me mad. The dogs run on the road too and I worry about them getting knocked down. Those lazy people shouldn't have dogs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

People who drink out of your cup which has your first and last name printed on it..... Or what really top's that someone who makes you a cup of tea and ask's is this your cup then proceeds to drink out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

People who smoke at busy bus stops - **** off, nobody wants to put up with your clouds of carcinogens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Was doing a bit of baking this morning (as you do) and managed to tie the knot in the apron strings wrong. Got trapped in the bloody apron and was like Houdini getting out of the bloody thing.

Why cant things be easy?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Was doing a bit of baking this morning (as you do) and managed to tie the knot in the apron strings wrong. Got trapped in the bloody apron and was like Houdini getting out of the bloody thing.

Why cant things be easy?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Medusa22 wrote: »
    It's the same in my estate and it drives me mad. The dogs run on the road too and I worry about them getting knocked down. Those lazy people shouldn't have dogs!!

That reminds me, when I was younger and people let their dogs out on the road. For some reason we use to call them by their full names like Bruce Smith, Tricksy Murphy, Sparky Quinn :)

Yesterday i baked, well when I say baked, I mean bought one of those easy make Peppa Pig baking cupcake packs where you basically just add water, to make with my daughter and I still made a mess of them by adding too much water :o

My OH leaving tea bags in the sink.

Also my bastard lungs for being grumpy today because I slept for too long, bastards. Anyone give me a lend of theirs? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I took some chicken fillets out of the fridge last night and I lifted the plate up to my nose to smell them (they'd been there two days and I wanted to check they were still ok) and my chin dipped into the plate and the raw chicken juice.

Also TA'd that I don't know what I fancy for lunch and I just know whatever I choose won't hit the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,973 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

More than TA'd with potato mashers made of plastic that go weak at the knees at the sight of even a well boiled floury potato. FFS, they have one job!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

fussyonion wrote: »
    I took some chicken fillets out of the fridge last night and I lifted the plate up to my nose to smell them (they'd been there two days and I wanted to check they were still ok) and my chin dipped into the plate and the raw chicken juice.

Also TA'd that I don't know what I fancy for lunch and I just know whatever I choose won't hit the spot.
    Would you chance an omelette?Ive made them recently and they were lovely,looked a bit messy but very tasty and filling.
    That watery stuff that comes out of the defrosted chicken turns my stomach and I have to throw bleach down the sink after it,not to mind blood off frozen beef..yuck:(

TA today is that I was prepared for icy roads this morn and last Saturday morning,no ice which is great but Ive wasted time worrying 2 Friday nights in a row and my TAs never materialised.

I can see Ive 2 incorrect spellings in my post but I cant be bothered checking them.:pac:

More than TA'd with potato mashers made of plastic that go weak at the knees at the sight of even a well boiled floury potato. FFS, they have one job!

Get yourself a ricer, my friend.
    Best thing I ever bought.
    I paid €29.99 for a steel one in Homestore + More and it's well worth the money.
    The potatoes come out smooth and lump-free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

There are dog wardens whose job it is to deal with dogs left loose.. it is illegal as well as a nuisance. And a danger of course.. and if the dogs are unlicenced .a fine.. Look online under your area county council.. You will be doing the dogs a kindness, and yes I have done it and would again.

well, I changed the fuse in the washing machine plug and still no sign of life. The landlord is not easy to deal with in these matters; makes a great ordeal of everything.. when he arrived with the huge " new" fridge freezer, it was wider than the work surface allowed. " I have a saw in the car" says he, and proceeds to cut the work surface with a dirty great chain saw! Took me hours to clear the diesel fumes..so if need be will get a second hand washing machine, delivered etc, and the bill to him...he is far too busy with two jobs and four small children and is glad when I sort things.. can do nothing until Monday. I do not use the machine a lot, maybe once a week or less, for towels and sheets, The rest by hand but hate it when things go like this...cold day!

Graces7 wrote: »
    well, I changed the fuse in the washing machine plug and still no sign of life. The landlord is not easy to deal with in these matters; makes a great ordeal of everything.. when he arrived with the huge " new" fridge freezer, it was wider than the work surface allowed. " I have a saw in the car" says he, and proceeds to cut the work surface with a dirty great chain saw! Took me hours to clear the diesel fumes..so if need be will get a second hand washing machine, delivered etc, and the bill to him...he is far too busy with two jobs and four small children and is glad when I sort things.. can do nothing until Monday. I do not use the machine a lot, maybe once a week or less, for towels and sheets, The rest by hand but hate it when things go like this...cold day!

Might worth ringing a washing machine repair guy just make sure he's not due to go off on his holiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Might worth ringing a washing machine repair guy just make sure he's not due to go off on his holiers.

"It's gonna be tropic"

• Advertisement

It will wait until Monday now..I once tried to get a plumber out for a leak, water all over the kitchen floor, on a Friday and rang several. The general trend was AH HE IS AT THE PUB ,, fixed it myself finally..and they charge like a wounded bull. New machines start around E200... not urgent so will wait; asking on appliances here too.. feel pleased I did all I did though! Feeling like ... here so off to bed for the night.. the M.E is in serious relapse so there we are...feed critters, feed the fire, feed me....have a great evening all out there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Tired of inaccurate weather forecasts and people talking about the weather as if the incorrect forecast had happened.

Snow and Ice warning for this area today. Yes, there's a cold wind but it's dry and bright. But, still people are going on and on about the wintery weather today. What Winter weather? It didn't happen! It's actually a very nice day for the end of January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

At a neighbours child's christening today....
    Annoyed that I have to attend even though I can't really afford it today.
    And secondly annoyed that I was so comfortable at home before having to get ready to go out. I'd rather be watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bridgettedon

Trivially annoyed that I am finding it so difficult to drive especially at night. I keep thinking people are flashing their lights at me and its making me kinda anxious. However I think it's due to light sensitivity that are being caused by meds that I am on. I also feel that most people have their full lights on and not putting on their dims. But I know that's not true and it makes driving unsafe for me. A trip to the doctor is on order I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

People getting letters about a price increase from Virgin, I open my one expecting the same, wondering how much it's going up, Nope, mine is,

The service address above has no direct access to our cable network, we had licensed a part of the radio spectrum to provide our service to you from 18th April, this will expire and no longer available to us for renewal, so wont be able to bring you our service..

Feck that.

And secondly annoyed that I was so comfortable at home before having to get ready to go out. I'd rather be watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix.

I know how you feel.
    We've been invited to a family wedding in a few months and although we are going, we're annoyed because money's tight at the minute and we're trying to save desperately for home improvements that really need doing.
    People might say "Oh, don't go to the wedding then" but we do have to go plus we do think we deserve a day/night out and a break from the saving.
    Things like this always crop up when you're trying to tighten the purse things, don't they?

TA'd that I've no peas in the house and I wanted to do Shepherd's Pie.
    I don't know why but I need peas in that dish.
    I'm not driving to Tesco though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I was given a pep talk in work on how 'someone my age' should be spending their weekends. Holy sh1t I could have strangled said person for their arrogance and interference. I sadly would have lost my job had I done do. My blood is still boiling.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Being completely socially inept when talking to someone I like.

Someone pass me a paper bag to breathe into.

When the TV remote falls behind your bed. Then you turn the telly on and you can't tell if Graham Norton is laughing or coughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

It's 21:51 on a Saturday night and I'm in bed and ready to sleep. I got the most beautiful pair of boot heels today and all I want to do is go out and wear them out but I'm not getting paid for another month. I'm old and boring :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

KatW4 wrote: »
    It's 21:51 on a Saturday night and I'm in bed and ready to sleep. I got the most beautiful pair of boot heels today and all I want to do is go out and wear them out but I'm not getting paid for another month. I'm old and boring :(

Mind if I join you? ;)

KatW4 wrote: »

Ah just put them on in bed sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

On motorways at night, I find drivers going in the opposite direction are dazzling. I always dazzle back until the ignorant f@ckers dip their lights. I also hate it when people behind you put their dazzles on. It's so rude. Once they overtake me, I treat them to a bit of dazzle to get my point across

Was at a show in UL tonight and the person in front spent most of the time videoing it rather than watching it!! Grrr

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Was at a show in UL tonight and the person in front spent most of the time videoing it rather than watching it!! Grrr

Was the show itself good?

• Advertisement

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Was the show itself good?

It was Pat Short. Not my thing but Mr Sam enjoyed it.

TA'd because is just put my earphone jack into my ear rather than the earphone and now it's bleeding:(:o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Shannon757 wrote: »
    TA'd because is just put my earphone jack into my ear rather than the earphone and now it's bleeding:(:o

:eek::eek: That sound serious... Is your eardrum ok?? :eek:

New Home wrote: »
    :eek::eek: That sound serious... Is your eardrum ok?? :eek:

My eardrums fine, see picture below.
    (Not my ear:pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

The fact that it's 2am and I'm still wide awake, thanks to my shagging neighbour. Literally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I have 50 quid somewhere in the house and I can't for the life of me remember where. ;( ;(

Trivially annoyed that I am finding it so difficult to drive especially at night. I keep thinking people are flashing their lights at me and its making me kinda anxious. However I think it's due to light sensitivity that are being caused by meds that I am on. I also feel that most people have their full lights on and not putting on their dims. But I know that's not true and it makes driving unsafe for me. A trip to the doctor is on order I think.

If the road is bumpy the direction of headlights will change like that. I notice that a lot on country roads. Took me a while to reason that out.. someone DID flash lights at me last week to warn of a Garda car parked ahead and I saw the difference. NB I am light sensitive in the extreme and hate night or early morning driving but needs must sometimes.

Ally Dick wrote: »
    On motorways at night, I find drivers going in the opposite direction are dazzling. I always dazzle back until the ignorant f@ckers dip their lights. I also hate it when people behind you put their dazzles on. It's so rude. Once they overtake me, I treat them to a bit of dazzle to get my point across

Please don't do that! Dangerous. I drive with headlights on full when there is no one ahead and slow right down when someone comes up behind me on full, Often they just do not think to dim.

The hangover is real :(

Try and sleep it off...hope you had a good night anyway:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Update... Now broke. In work. Bad hangover. Tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I feel your pain :(:(

I'm some dope when drunk though :-/
    It really shows I never drink

Someone please put a bomb under me and get me motivated.I have so much to do today that I dont know where to start and Im just lying here thinking about it. Get out of the bed Colser you lazy thing!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I had the Australian open tennis final set to record from 8am. Plan to get up around 9.30, head downstairs and watch. By forwarding through ads I'd catch up to it live. Grand job, did that the last few mornings.
    So I went for a few drinks last night with a few friends, got talking to a lad I knew from school at the bar. He's a decent lad, good job, settled down.
    So after 5 mins of chat or so, I said I was heading home early because I wanted to be up to watch the tennis in the morning.
    Conversation goes like this......
    Me : I'm heading home early, as I want to watch the men's final in the morning.
    Him : Oh right, how come it's on early in the morning?
    Me : It's the Australian Open.
    Him : I thought they'd play in the afternoon, no?
    Me : No it's at night time because it's not as hot.
    Him : But you just said you're watching it early in the morning.
    Me : (knowing now where this is going) Yes, it's on in Australia, it's on live on TV.
    Him : (becoming very confused) How are you watching a night time match in the morning, if it's live?
    Me : (trying not to embarrass him) Because it's on in Australia.
    Him : ah lad I don't know what you're on about.
    Me : I'll head on, talk to ye again.

How can someone of 33 years of age not know that it can be a different time in a country on the other side of the world?

Colser wrote: »
    Someone please put a bomb under me and get me motivated.I have so much to do today that I dont know where to start and Im just lying here thinking about it. Get out of the bed Colser you lazy thing!:(

WIsh I had the energy to help you...MUST get out of bed and light the range.. my breath is steaming the air... OK. on three GET OUT OF BED!!!!! I will if you will

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement