Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 8191.1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

73Cat wrote: »
    When I'm driving around this town, and young chaps in their sporty cars are flashing / waving at me. I'm thinking wooooh I must be looking good today ! Then I remember it's my daughters Golf I'm driving , and not the Mammy wagon :(
    My daughter collected me in town one night and had a For Sale sign on the car with her phone num on it,she got a call asking her who her friend was and I swear to god she was like a dog over it.(was a few years ago but still...:pac:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Colser wrote: »
    My daughter collected me in town one night and had a For Sale sign on the car with her phone num on it,she got a call asking her who her friend was and I swear to god she was like a dog over it.(was a few years ago but still...:pac:).

My MILF radar is getting strong signals here...... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA'd that I didn't listen to kfallon and turn my phone off earlier! I just had to listen to all the details of my friends date night and there was no mention of any murderous tendancies... Oh well, maybe next time! :pac:

TG1 wrote: »
    TA'd that I didn't listen to kfallon and turn my phone off earlier! I just had to listen to all the details of my friends date night and there was no mention of any murderous tendancies... Oh well, maybe next time! :pac:

Ffs, in future listen to me :mad:
    Is she going to get her "Nat King Cole" later? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

kfallon wrote: »
    My MILF radar is getting strong signals here...... ;)

Go on through up a pic there.;)

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Go on through up a pic there.;)

Of what, me MILF radar? :confused:

Of what, me MILF radar? :confused:

If you want.

If you want.

Na you're alright trout!

Anyone got a pic of 73cat then?

Anyone got a pic of 73cat then?

Fully clothed or naked?

• Advertisement

Fully clothed or naked?

Lets have an on/off comparison.

Lets have an on/off comparison.

Have neither, sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TA that I haven't been on Boards for over 3 weeks and I haven't the will to go back through all the stuff I've missed in here.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

Friends adding me to their stupid little secret facebook 'bargain pages' I literally would rather crawl through **** than buy a f*cking bicycle cover from you, thanks but no thanks!!

TA that I haven't been on Boards for over 3 weeks and I haven't the will to go back through all the stuff I've missed in here.:(

It's just all of us giving out ta fúck about everything......with 'certain' people telling us about their toilet habits :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm starving!!!!!

KatW4 wrote: »
    I'm starving!!!!!

*throws a snickers at KatW*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

kfallon wrote:
    *throws a snickers at KatW*

Shouldn't that have been a Kit ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

People who pebble dash the sink/mirror with toothpaste when brushing their teeth.....

• Advertisement

La.de.da wrote: »
    People who pebble dash the sink/mirror with toothpaste when brushing their teeth.....

I'm so guilty of that... I've been more aware of it ever since I took a selfie in my bathroom mirror and couldnt post it because I had gotten toothpaste and soap all over it:mad:

Waste of a selfie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Tom_Barry wrote: »
    I'm so guilty of that... I've been more aware of it ever since I took a selfie in my bathroom mirror and couldnt post it because I had gotten toothpaste and soap all over it:mad:

Waste of a selfie.

Aww. Probably a great selfie and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just got a notification from UPS that my package of Absinthe was destroyed at Shannon as package contained alcohol, I don't get it, I know I paid for alcohol and bought it online, do you need a bleedin licence to ship it for personal consumption. Feck it now I'll have to go to the Celtic Whiskey Store. :(

The US has clamped down of late on all manner of things. Family popped some extra Tylex in a mixed parcel for me and that whole parcel got destroyed. They are Xraying and using sniffer dogs. Be thankful you did not get a hefty fine; we did. And a nasty visit from Customs :rolleyes: Needed the Tylex too..The firm who sent it should have known and advised you when you ordered..

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    At this stage I would just pay it. The excise is a % of the invoice value, so it's not going to be that much. Bitch to the shipper and they may send another bottle, but insist the invoice shows it as "free of charge" or a very low value so vat and duty are kept to a minimum.

Still doesn't explain why UPS said it was destroyed.

Ours not to reason why.. airport security these days is intense. A few years ago I sent a mixed parcel to family in Canada, including a vial of (liquid) viamin B sub lingual drops. Omitted it on the tiny customs label. It was returned to me with a huge sticker " Airport handlers found that this parcel contained suspicious items" So they sent it back? Irish postal rules though are strict. Cannot send even jam

Vel wrote: »
    'If you leave that carton of cream there it is going to fall out and go everywhere' I think to myself on Monday

'You'd better move that carton of cream or you are going to regret it' I think to myself on Tuesday

Wednesday comes and the motherfcuking carton of cream falls out of the fridge when I open the door and goes all over the fridge door, cupboards and floor just as I'm about to sit down to my dinner.

'You deserve that' I think to myself on Wednesday

My cats would love you; dropped a raw egg the other day and that was greeted with rhapsody...

TA that I feed my cats mostly on lovely fresh raw chicken but what comes out of their other ends would gas a town...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

There are never enough black or red wine gums in a packet, and always too many yellow and green ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

longshanks wrote: »
    There are never enough black or red wine gums in a packet, and always too many yellow and green ones.

We Shildon meet up - I've about two years worth of those black and reds I'd gladly swap for yellows and greens!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm not with it at all this morning and I think I'm getting a cold. Typical.

I've also just been eating the haribo sweets that I give the kids as a treat on a Friday. It's not even 9am!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Having a Pizza in Milano and using one of their "special offer" cards that they gave me when I last visited. The staff member scrutinizing it more than the Gardai do my passport at Dublin Airport.

I scrubbed the floors last night and just as Id finished everyone needed to go upstairs or use the toilet:mad: If the floors werent wet theyd stay glued to playstation/tv...It happens every time the floors are wet and Im in the wrong for getting mad over it.

Im moving out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I scrubbed the floors last night and just as Id finished everyone needed to go upstairs or use the toilet:mad: If the floors werent wet theyd stay glued to playstation/tv...It happens every time the floors are wet and Im in the wrong for getting mad over it.

Im moving out!

At least you can blame real people.
    Last night while clearing the dinner table the bottom of the pepper canister came off and white pepper fella all over the dining room floor.
    Am still sneezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Yes, 7.10am on the luas into work and I can't think of anything I would rather do than listen to you roar down the phone to someone about the meal you and 'Trish' had in Milanos last night. Its a shame your pizza base was slightly soggy but I'm glad Trish enjoyed her garlic dough balls

Having a Pizza in Milano and using one of their "special offer" cards that they gave me when I last visited. The staff member scrutinizing it more than the Gardai do my passport at Dublin Airport.
    Yes, 7.10am on the luas into work and I can't think of anything I would rather do than listen to you roar down the phone to someone about the meal you and 'Trish' had in Milanos last night. Its a shame your pizza base was slightly soggy but I'm glad Trish enjoyed her garlic dough balls

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Living Off the Splash meet Vel
    Vel meet Living Off the Splash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Fully clothed or naked?

Sweet suffering Jesus :)!!!!

Either/Or will do me tbh!

:D Keep your curtains closed Cat.Theres a bounty out on you.

:D Keep your curtains closed Cat.Theres a bounty out on you.

You're next....MILF! ;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Day 2 of the election campaign and already I'm ready to strangle anybody who uses the phrase 'Fiscal Space' within earshot of me.

It's going to be a long 3 weeks.

You're next....MILF! ;):p
    Personal alarm and pepper spray on hand here boi:p

• Advertisement

Personal alarm and pepper spray on hand here boi:p

I'll charm you out of those clothes ;)

TA'd that I have a 20 min walk later to get collected for football and then the same 20 min walk back afterwards....almost feel like cancelling it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

How would I pay it though, I don't think I can, once they seize it I think they destroy it.

Contact UPS, it's in their depot. Paymwhatever is due to them, and they pay customs on your behalf and then release it for delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

longshanks wrote: »
    They're the pukey ones!!!

They're the pukey ones!!!

Get out....just GET OUT!!! :mad:

Now you've more than TA'd me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Cold calling bastards!!

Straight in with "I'm John, who's your phone/Electric/gas provider?"

Fcuk off and mind your own business.

GAS ALERT! Cat is on the tray...Maybe could bottle it to deter attackers..:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People who always throw some aside into a conversation to try to garner sympathy or praise.

"Yes it's much milder today. Ever since I rescued that terrier from the pound, I've enjoyed mornings like this for a walk."

We know Tom. We've walked with you every week of the 2 years since you got the dog and you refer to 'the rescue' every week. We even laugh and say we know..we know...you told us..but he persists.

Only one example. Another is a neighbour who brings her health into every conversation.

People who always throw some aside into a conversation to try to garner sympathy or praise.

"Yes it's much milder today. Ever since I rescued that terrier from the pound, I've enjoyed mornings like this for a walk."

We know Tom. We've walked with you every week of the 2 years since you got the dog and you refer to 'the rescue' every week. We even laugh and say we know..we know...you told us..but he persists.

Only one example. Another is a neighbour who brings her health into every conversation.

Hahaha that one is funny in fairness! what does he want?? a medal??

The health one is a bit more sinister though. There is nothing more irritating than a person constantly going on and on about themselves and their health.. especially when you can see as clear as day that they're as fit as a fiddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

The health one is a bit more sinister though. There is nothing more irritating than a person constantly going on and on about themselves and their health.. especially when you can see as clear as day that they're as fit as a fiddle.

The flip side of that is when you have an obvious health issue and people ask really silly questions!
    For weeks after my horse squashed me people's stock question was "did it hurt?".
    A half tonne animal landed on my pelvis and broke it in several places... It was hardly a pain free experience... You don't want to always be moaning but you can't say no!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Oh fit enough. Death's door today and hill walking tomorrow. Another has dietary problems every time we eat out. Can't eat this, can't eat that. Makes it a nightmare for waiters and then at home tucks into chocolate and goodies galore.

Basically the TA for today is Attention Seekers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement