Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 8191.1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

TG1 wrote: »
    The flip side of that is when you have an obvious health issue and people ask really silly questions!
    For weeks after my horse squashed me people's stock question was "did it hurt?".
    A half tonne animal landed on my pelvis and broke it in several places... It was hardly a pain free experience... You don't want to always be moaning but you can't say no!

Ouch!! I'm sorry to hear that:(

Did it hurt???:D

Joking aside you poor thing. I think in cases like yours you're allowed to moan!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Tom_Barry wrote: »
    Ouch!! I'm sorry to hear that:(

Did it hurt???:D

Joking aside you poor thing. I think in cases like yours you're allowed to moan!!:)

Nah, it was a great experience, I'd do it again tomorrow if I could! :pac:

Nah, it was a great experience, I'd do it again tomorrow if I could! :pac:

Ya just done it for the craic didnt you!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

For weeks after my horse squashed me people's stock question was "did it hurt?".
    A half tonne animal landed on my pelvis and broke it in several places... It was hardly a pain free experience... You don't want to always be moaning but you can't say no!

Will the horse jump a fence? Do we have enough time to get it handicapped for Cheltenham???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

kfallon wrote: »
    Will the horse jump a fence? Do we have enough time to get it handicapped for Cheltenham???

Ha, bless her she's not the quickest thing on four legs, wouldn't be worth your while it say!

• Advertisement

Ha, bless her she's not the quickest thing on four legs, wouldn't be worth your while it say!

FFS!!! Ok we'll get her ready for Punchestown instead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TA that'll I'll have to go back through 3 weeks worth of posts in YLYL, just to make sure I'm not reposting anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

TA that'll I'll have to go back through 3 weeks worth of posts in YLYL, just to make sure I'm not reposting anything.

YLYL?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You laugh you lose. Thankfully for Corvus Maximus not much has been posted there for the last while.

wally79 wrote: »
    YLYL?

Sorry about that, I lazily assumed everyone would know what I meant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

'Your one' hasn't called me back. I tried ringing but it goes straight to voicemail. At least I know her name now ...

I think I have the coldest feet in county cork. Doesn't matter how many pairs of socks I have one, they're still cold. :(

As expected my car insurance has gone up to a grand. :mad: That's what it cost when I started driving and I'd gotten it down to 748 last year. Damm swindling companies. I had to change cars last year, you think they'd be happy that I was after coming up five years. And they still classify the micra as safer. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

rosie16 wrote: »
    'Your one' hasn't called me back. I tried ringing but it goes straight to voicemail. At least I know her name now ...

I think I have the coldest feet in county cork. Doesn't matter how many pairs of socks I have one, they're still cold. :(

As expected my car insurance has gone up to a grand. :mad: That's what it cost when I started driving and I'd gotten it down to 748 last year. Damm swindling companies. I had to change cars last year, you think they'd be happy that I was after coming up five years. And they still classify the micra as safer. :rolleyes:

Same problem here re insurance..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

My petshop spend came to €9 and I was told the shop policy was a minimum spend of ten euro for payment by card. That didn't annoy me . What did annoy me is notwithstanding the fact that I have care of eleven cats and two dogs, I couldn't find one thing for a euro or more that I actually needed.

In the end I went for litter "freshener" - but unless it's plutonium-239, it ain't gonna be doing much freshening around my lads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    My petshop spend came to €9 and I was told the shop policy was a minimum spend of ten euro for payment by card. That didn't annoy me . What did annoy me is notwithstanding the fact that I have care of eleven cats and two dogs, I couldn't find one thing for a euro or more that I actually needed.

In the end I went for litter "freshener" - but unless it's plutonium-239, it ain't gonna be doing much freshening around my lads :)

On a similar note, take aways on the JustEat app that have a minimum order value of €10 but all of their special offers are €9.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Graces7 wrote: »
    Same problem here re insurance..

I'm really tempted to use the money to go travelling but what happens when I get back and need insurance. I'd probably lose my no claims and it'd probably go up to 1500 or 2 grand. :eek: Nothing has changed since my renewal last year apart from a different car. I know a lot of people's premiums are on the rise this year but the companies shouldn't be allowed to do whatever they please.

Trivially annoyed that EVERYTHING is annoying me today!!

Trivially annoyed that EVERYTHING is annoying me today!!

You on 'red' alert? ;) :pac:

*runs*

You on 'red' alert? ;) :pac:

*runs*

Deeesgusting!!

No I'm just annoyed its horrible out and I have to work 12 hours tomorrow morning:(:( I just want to go out and get drunk:(:(:(

Deeesgusting!!

No I'm just annoyed its horrible out and I have to work 12 hours tomorrow morning:(:( I just want to go out and get drunk:(:(:(

G'wan, go out and get rubber! :D

Don't tempt me!!!

Being an adult is unfair and unreasonable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

& pull a sickie :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

people in pairs who insist on standing side by on an escalator/travelator when people behind are trying to walk up said moving staircase type device.

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    & pull a sickie :pac::pac::pac:

Imagine the shame of getting blind drunk and ringing your workplace at 4am telling them they can F*ck off..

That's a real fear of mine!

neris wrote: »
    people in pairs who insist on standing side by on an escalator/travelator when people behind are trying to walk up said moving staircase type device.

Only happened to me today in Jervis, two fat bastards standing across it and nobody in front of them, **** :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

neris wrote: »

Am I the only one who gets a little competitive with people on escalators/travelators and tries to beat them when walking alongside or using the stairs? And get unreasonably happy when I manage it? Especially in the airport when there's loads of people on the travelator and I just zoom by without a care in the world. God I'm petty...

maudgonner wrote: »
    Am I the only one who gets a little competitive with people on escalators/travelators and tries to beat them when walking alongside or using the stairs? And get unreasonably happy when I manage it? Especially in the airport when there's loads of people on the travelator and I just zoom by without a care in the world. God I'm petty...

I don't like anyone passing me out when walking, I'm a very quick walker :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

maudgonner wrote: »
    Am I the only one who gets a little competitive with people on escalators/travelators and tries to beat them when walking alongside or using the stairs? And get unreasonably happy when I manage it? Especially in the airport when there's loads of people on the travelator and I just zoom by without a care in the world. God I'm petty pretty...

Fixed that for you ;)

I'm very close to releasing a swearing outburst of epic proportions :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I'm very close to releasing a swearing outburst of epic proportions :mad:
    Do it, exorcise your demons KF \m/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Smelly people. How hard is it to have a shower???

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Do it, exorcise your demons KF \m/

It's something very trivial but second time in a week it's happened! I curse like a sailor anyway but by Christ I'm ready to make a tourettes sufferer look like Daniel O'Donnell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Fixed that for you ;)

Aw shucks, you've made me all embarrassed.

See.

Procrastination!

I literally wait until the last minute to get things done. I tell myself it's because I work best under pressure, but I genuinely do not work best under pressure:mad:

Procrastination!

I literally wait until the last minute to get things done. I tell myself it's because I work best under pressure, but I genuinely do not work best under pressure:mad:

Like a young Hamlet so you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The Ashers bakery thing that's in the news, If the baker said it was copyright infringement (Bert & Ernie? Sesame street) what would have been the outcome?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

KatW4 wrote: »
    Smelly people. How hard is it to have a shower???

Extremely hard sometimes.

Extremely hard sometimes.

And expensive. Bloody water charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

That bog trotting gaaliban mucksavage is back shouting on my telly. Shut up you troglodyte.

Schwiiing wrote: »
    That bog trotting gaaliban mucksavage is back shouting on my telly. Shut up you troglodyte.

Which one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Which one?

All of them but specifically this cnut a 1 minute in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

What is it with grown men and women wearing stupid cheap, crappy,
    Tatty cowboy hats to a sports game? Where is the connection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    What is it with grown men and women wearing stupid cheap, crappy,
    Tatty cowboy hats to a sports game? Where is the connection?

If it's sunny and roasting hot and your on the terrace at the Munster final otherwise just no

**ive never worn/owned one of these

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Classic songs being sampled and remade into shiity dance remixes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

When ya slow down to observe the speed limit going through a country village and the prat behind decides to overtake ya. A few miles further down the road and he is holding ya up driving well inside the 80 km/hour or 100 km/hour limit and driving along doing an impression of a mobile chicane.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bridgettedon

When someone's handwriting is illegible. Why bother even writing it if no one can read it you clown.

When you say something completely innocent and the person takes it as a dig and makes a cheeky dig back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Pots calling the kettle black.

When ya slow down to observe the speed limit going through a country village and the prat behind decides to overtake ya. A few miles further down the road and he is holding ya up driving well inside the 80 km/hour or 100 km/hour limit and driving along doing an impression of a mobile chicane.

Unfortunately, the roads seem to be full of those saps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Not having somebody to bring me breakfast in bed. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I keep having really vivid dreams that I'm heavily pregnant, can feel the baby move inside me and everything. I wake up and it puts me off form for the day, I'm like a dog :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

73Cat wrote: »
    I keep having really vivid dreams that I'm heavily pregnant, can feel the baby move inside me and everything. I wake up and it puts me off form for the day, I'm like a dog :(

You are likely craving time to be creative.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement