Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 8191.1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

You are likely craving time to be creative.

or need a midnight dump?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The fact that my dad is always smarter than and one step ahead of me. Driving down the road at snails pace this morning. Not wanting to be all "me me me" I decided to go for the passive aggressive dig so I said to him, "all the people behind us are going to be really late for work today" and he comes back with, "they should have left earlier".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Graffiti...

and I'm not talking about the artistic stuff, I'm talking "tagging" - just some lame nickname in a crappy font.

F**k off and do some art classes, you anti-social twat!

73Cat wrote: »
    I keep having really vivid dreams that I'm heavily pregnant, can feel the baby move inside me and everything. I wake up and it puts me off form for the day, I'm like a dog :(

Oh I regularly dream about being pregnant. In the dream I'm terrified and really don't want to have a baby. I must delve a little deeper into the meaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Oh I regularly dream about being pregnant. In the dream I'm terrified and really don't want to have a baby. I must delve a little deeper into the meaning.

It means you're fooking crackers, mad as a bag of cats! :pac:

kfallon wrote: »
    It means you're fooking crackers, mad as a bag of cats! :pac:

I know I am!! :D

I know I am!! :D

There ya go so, no need to delve!
    That'll be €60 when you're ready there for the consultation with Dr Fallon!

There ya go so, no need to delve!
    That'll be €60 when you're ready there for the consultation with Dr Fallon!

But I like to delve. In fact it's one of my favourite things to do :)

Just hand over the €60 ffs, you can delve as much as you want after that!

• Advertisement

Just hand over the €60 ffs, you can delve as much as you want after that!

Feck off! :pac:

Feck off! :pac:

Well that's just charming :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

That sounds manky:D

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The fact that my dad is always smarter than and one step ahead of me. Driving down the road at snails pace this morning. Not wanting to be all "me me me" I decided to go for the passive aggressive dig so I said to him, "all the people behind us are going to be really late for work today" and he comes back with, "they should have left earlier".

I have an image in my head of Confucius driving at 10mph.....with a very frustrated ONW beside him:)

Scheduling calls again during my lunchtime, oh how that TA's me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

It's something very trivial but second time in a week it's happened! I curse like a sailor anyway but by Christ I'm ready to make a tourettes sufferer look like Daniel O'Donnell!
    Sure ye can't bate a good auld effing & blinding rant ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I am quite willing to bet that this town is one of the windiest (blustery wise:) ) in the country. An umbrella is about as much use as a chocolate teapot :(

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I have an image in my head of Confucius driving at 10mph.....with a very frustrated ONW beside him:)

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

73Cat wrote: »
    I am quite willing to bet that this town is one of the windiest (blustery wise:) ) in the country. An umbrella is about as much use as a chocolate teapot :(

Umbrellas in general are bloody stupid things. Imagine the design process:
    "Well John, I've neatly arranged these spiky things in a circle, leaving just enough sticking out to stab someone"
    "Oh really Dave? Whereabouts do you imagine these stabby things should be placed?"
    "Oh, right about eye level should do it!"

People who use brollies in busy areas without a thought to the other people around them deserve to be rained on for eternity. (But from one of those tiny cartoon clouds that follow them around, so that the rest of us don't get affected, obviously :))

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Deise_vixen

A colleague asked to borrow a fiver earlier this morning, so I handed over a lovely fresh, unblemished, crackly note.

She just paid me back in feckin' shrapnel. Jesus, Mary and the Carpenter there are even 1 cent coins in the mix. I now have to fill my purse with ****ty little coins. Grrrrr.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    :)

Can't open that......is it just me?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've just looked up from my computer, I'm the only person sitting in my department.
    I get the feeling I'm missing something important.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Can't open that......is it just me?

Me either, attachments are kinda borked atm I think:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98609853&postcount=1468

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Business people who do not reply to emails, then when you ask them if they had your email say, " Oh yes..." WELL HIT REPLY THEN!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Fat fingers and Blue Insurance. :pac: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

A colleague asked to borrow a fiver earlier this morning, so I handed over a lovely fresh, unblemished, crackly note.

She just paid me back in feckin' shrapnel. Jesus, Mary and the Carpenter there are even 1 cent coins in the mix. I now have to fill my purse with ****ty little coins. Grrrrr.

Probably lucky you got it at all!

Fat fingers and Blue Insurance. :pac: :rolleyes:

Fat people with small hands :o

I know it has been said before but I really despise this whole thing of sticking your tongue out in photographs. Where did that come from? What is it supposed to mean? The offenders seem to think it gives off this "I'm so cool and hip and mad" vibe but they just look like twats. Ooh look at me, I'm forever young. I'm in a pub and I am drinking the alcohol and I am so mad that I just cannot keep my disgusting pink licker in my gob. Grown adults who look otherwise normal suddenly turn into fúcking vegetables who cannot control their maxillofacial movements. The older the offender the more pathetic and annoying it is. And I also find it more irritating when men do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I've just looked up from my computer, I'm the only person sitting in my department.
    I get the feeling I'm missing something important.
    So it begins. The Zombie Apocalypse. Congratulations, you too are as we, i.e. carrying a very rare genetic mutation that renders you immune to Zombification. I take it you have the brace of .45 ACPs, M4 carbine and autoloading Mossberg? :cool:
    Graces7 wrote: »
    Business people who do not reply to emails, then when you ask them if they had your email say, " Oh yes..." WELL HIT REPLY THEN!

You must be doing something right if you're important enough to be deliberately ignored, because that's what's happening until you actually rugby-tackle the guy in The Real World(TM) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭8 Bit Girl

Posted the other day in trivial things that make you happy thread and mentioned rhubarb yoghurt.

Went to Aldi earlier to get my fix and not a pot of it to be seen in the place, ugh!
    I got strawberry instead but, tis no rhubarb.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jimgoose wrote: »
    So it begins. The Zombie Apocalypse. Congratulations, you too are as we, i.e. carrying a very rare genetic mutation that renders you immune to Zombification. I take it you have the brace of .45 ACPs, M4 carbine and autoloading Mossberg? :cool:
    Never leave home without them. I was watching some old school Bond movies so have a double helping of silenced Walter PP7's

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Never leave home without them. I was watching some old school Bond movies so have a double helping of silenced Walter PP7's

Nice, but for undead critters who have no idea whether they're injured or not the thump of a .45 is better. :cool:

Nice, but for undead critters who have no idea whether they're injured or not the thump of a .45 is better. :cool:
    It's for the glamour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

.45 ACP 185 gr (12 g) Bonded Defense for real stopping power :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

You must be doing something right if you're important enough to be deliberately ignored, because that's what's happening until you actually rugby-tackle the guy in The Real World(TM) :pac:

Sometimes it is the only way to get things done.

Never gets old

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    .45 ACP 185 gr (12 g) Bonded Defense for real stopping power :D;)

How about a Magnum Research .45/70? If you have hands like a gorillia, that is. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

8 Bit Girl wrote: »
    Posted the other day in trivial things that make you happy thread and mentioned rhubarb yoghurt.

Went to Aldi earlier to get my fix and not a pot of it to be seen in the place, ugh!
    I got strawberry instead but, tis no rhubarb.
    On the yoghurt theme, I can't abide bits of fruit in yoghurt! Why can't they make petit filous for grown ups!?

Yahoo Mail have swapped the "Archive" and "Delete" buttons around on the standard Inbox view in their email Webapp and it's driving me fuckan crazy!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

My desk is near a kettle / coffee dock so I often get to listen to stupid small talk between people as they get their drinks ready. Fridays are the worst for that! I must have heard at least 20 conversations today that started with 'HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!'

miezekatze wrote: »
    My desk is near a kettle / coffee dock so I often get to listen to stupid small talk between people as they get their drinks ready. Fridays are the worst for that! I must have heard at least 20 conversations today that started with 'HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!'

Count yourself lucky. I used to work in an office beside the toilet. The walls were thin...

• Advertisement

maudgonner wrote: »
    Count yourself lucky. I used to work in an office beside the toilet. The walls were thin...

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Having to delete a copy of every post I make on Boards :(

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP!!!! :pac:

Sufferin' Jaysus if you ever come to work here I'm out the door as fast as my little legs will carry me. :pac:

Sufferin' Jaysus if you ever come to work here I'm out the door as fast as my little legs will carry me. :pac:

Awwwwww why? :(
    I thought you and me would make perfect desk buddies....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I see AIB are now "backing brave" again, instead of the grammatically ridiculous change they made to "backing doing". It's all absurd anyway

Awwwwww why? :(
    I thought you and me would make perfect desk buddies....

Gas masks were not issued when I started work here.

On the other hand, there is a bear trap in the kitchen... (for realies, I'm not even joking)

• Advertisement

Gas masks were not issued when I started work here.

On the other hand, there is a bear trap in the kitchen... (for realies, I'm not even joking)

I don't fart in work ffs :mad:
    Well apart from a sneaky one in the lift for the next person in :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Yahoo Mail have swapped the "Archive" and "Delete" buttons around on the standard Inbox view in their email Webapp and it's driving me fuckan crazy!! :mad:

I came here to post about Yahoo. It won't open for the past 2 days. Just stays loading on a goddamn loop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Was in work today and going to be good and have porridge for my breakfast. Then someone uses the last of the milk and doesn't get any more so I offer to go over to the shop where the company has an account. I go out in the pissing rain and get blown out of it. I get to the shop and they tell me that the account is overdue and needs to be paid so they can't give me the milk and I didn't bring my wallet with me. Had to have my porridge with water :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

People that call fresh water fish and prawns sea food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

I don't fart in work ffs :mad:
    Well apart from a sneaky one in the lift for the next person in :p

Guy in work let off a silent one yesterday, rotten it was, lad behind him says out loud,
    "For fu** sake, whoever let that one go should donate their h*le to science, smelly hoor"
    Had to chuckle at it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement