Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 8191.1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Dear perfect poster....................please get out!!!

We want misery in here, not perfection.:P

lol.. well they say "Misery loves company.." Oh by the way, saying " perfect" as I used it there is kerry dialect! They use it for everything. Give a shop the right money and that is " perfect"...Everything? the answer is always "perfect" I did not realise I had slipped so much into the vernacular..PERFECT! I belong! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I just read through about 12 pages of this thread - and I don't remember a word of it! Stupid cold, stupid bunged up head. I must have used about 650 tissues since yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I just read through about 12 pages of this thread - and I don't remember a word of it! Stupid cold, stupid bunged up head. I must have used about 650 tissues since yesterday.

Let me summarise the last 12 pages.... People are getting trivially annoyed (TA) about things. Bit of toilet talk. Bit of flirting.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Between you and me, we must have put a large dent in the Amazon rainforest today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

If I click on a link someone has posted, when I leave it, I'm back at the top of the page again rather than at the post. So trivial, yet so bloody annoying :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Other people - nothing unusual about that but but there's a specific instance today!

Out having a brekkie treat this morning in a cafe, sitting at a table for 4 on my own as there's only tables for four in the cafe. No sooner sitting down, barely a bite taken and obvious given the amount of food still on my plate, than a woman comes up to me asking if the seats beside me are taken.

No problem with that, always happy to make room for 2 people to sit at a table beside me if i'm on my own, them sitting opposite each other and me pretending there's an invisible wall down the middle of the table. So put down my knife and fork to move my coat, bag, shopping, etc. to the chair opposite me and say work away. Next thing 2 more people and a child come over to join her and take up all the remaining seats at my table and squeeze the child in too.
    So I had to retrieve all my belongings again, keep them on my lap and I am now one person at a crowded table. Not only that but they've no food with them which means there's a fourth still in the queue! I'd understand if I looked as if I was nearly finished and they were planning on being rude by crowding me out so that I finished up quickly, and in that case I may even have accommodated them had they been nice or jokey about it, but I HAD JUST SAT DOWN. :mad:

Well I've never eaten so slowly in my life, every bite savoured and tea nursed, even I was TA'd at how long I was taking - I had things to do godammit!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Menas wrote: »
    Let me summarise the last 12 pages.... People are getting trivially annoyed (TA) about things. Bit A LOT of toilet talk. Bit of flirting.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA'd I'm no good at parody posts, someone will be along though Poochie.

You did the right thing, passive agression was the only solution there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Wash the area, but do not use bleach.....it contains ammonia. Use hot water and a washing detergent or a dishwasher tablet. Failing that you can get stuff in pet shops to discourage dog fouling. Your neighbour is a bastard.

Bleach does have a smell that certain animals love, but it does not contain ammonia! And don't ever mix the two, for the love of God... :eek:
    Graces7 wrote: »
    Cold feet... been like ice all day and cannot find my thick socks..icy toes!

Hot water bottle, Grace! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I have a banging headache, it feels like my head is going to explode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Medusa22 wrote: »

Go to the beach if your near one??

I find it great to clear a headache...kinda walking in the salt air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

redbel05 wrote: »
    Neighbors dog has been pooing on the doorstep every morning for the past week, despite me cleaning it and scrubbing every bloody morning before I go to work.
    TWICE I have stood on it going out the door. When my morning stupor had not quite worn off enough to remember. Ugh.

Mentioned it to the owner, but think he might have been laughing at me as I walked away.

Here's a tip that might come in handy. A few years back before I moved out into the sticks. A particular wan would let her Cocker Spaniels out to shít in every neighbours garden but their own. So I scooped up my German Shepherds poo, put it into a plastic bag. Then at about 3:00am, I went to the ignorant pigs house and scattered the dog poo all over the bonnet of her car and her front door mat. Her dogs never shat in anybody's garden again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Here's a tip that might come in handy. A few years back before I moved out into the sticks. A particular wan would let her Cocker Spaniels out to shít in every neighbours garden but their own. So I scooped up my German Shepherds poo, put it into plastic bag. Tthen at about 3:00am, I went to the ignorant pigs house and scattered the dog poo all over the bonnet of her car and her front door mat. Her dogs never shat in anybody's garden again.

:pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm all ready you go out for an hour or two with my friends (whom I haven't seen in months) but I'm so tired and the weather is rubbish. Ah decisions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Menas wrote: »
    Let me summarise the last 12 pages entire thread.... People are getting trivially annoyed (TA) about things. Bit of toilet talk. Bit of flirting.

FYP

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Then stop banging, or move away from the headboard :pac:

I want to watch the footy highlights, the missus is watching the only TV we have in the house. This is not cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Then stop banging, or move away from the headboard :pac:

I want to watch the footy highlights, the missus is watching the only TV we have in the house. This is not cool.

My Husband has this devastated look that he does and I always give in. I call it 'The Very Important Match Face' or the 'Cant Miss The Highlights Face' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My weight-loss is slowing down lately and it's beyond frustrating.

I know this happens to people but it makes me wonder what I can do to get it going again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

fussyonion wrote: »

I know this happens to people but it makes me wonder what I can do to get it going again.

When that happened me I mixed up my routine and started going for a brisk two mile walk before eating anything at all. This was in addition to my usual exercise and I found it worked very well with regards to getting more weight to feck off! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was supposed to come home at 12. It's 2:43 and I'm just in the door. I have rehearsals at 10 am and I know I'm going to regret my decision to go out tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Actors

Toilet paper is better... right size too.... ;) Kitchen roll a close second...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

have you recalculated your TDEE? as you lose weight you need less calories to maintain your current weight, since it's now less weight than it was when you initially calculated your TDEE calories in the first place so to continue losing weight at the pace you started losing at you'd need to figure out what your current TDEE is and subtract 3-500 from that new figure (see? simple!)

Here's a tip that might come in handy. A few years back before I moved out into the sticks. A particular wan would let her Cocker Spaniels out to shít in every neighbours garden but their own. So I scooped up my German Shepherds poo, put it into a plastic bag. Then at about 3:00am, I went to the ignorant pigs house and scattered the dog poo all over the bonnet of her car and her front door mat. Her dogs never shat in anybody's garden again.

Lived a while on a street that had open plan front gardens and one day saw the old harridan from over the road, who LOVED her dog, getting it to s**t on MY GRASS.. SO I called her, saying I was very very worried as I had just treated the grass with VERY STRONG WEEDKILLER .. she denied it but I bet that poor dog got bathed within an inch of its life that night and it never happened again. Times are that you fight fire withe ingenuity...

Hardly slept for the hail and rain and wind battering the house.. thought ah well Storm Imogen is over, then checked met ie and the weather board here. Orange alert and Imogen still to come and folk going in about HOW EXCITING and WONDERFUL it will be..Grumpy! VERY grumpy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA at that litre of coffee I had yesterday preventing me sleeping last night. Have a 3 hour drive ahead of me today...going to need electrodes to keep me awake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

TA'd that am still very tired and could have a lie in but due to back pain I have to get up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA'd that I woke up with a thumping headache, sore throat, stuffed nose and watery eyes. If this develops into a full on cold it will be no. 4027 in the last 18 months...

Also I'm due back to work after a really long (not cold related) absence tomorrow, if I turn up sick and sniffing they are really just going to give up and fire me!!!

Graces7 wrote: »
    Hardly slept for the hail and rain and wind battering the house.. thought ah well Storm Imogen is over, then checked met ie and the weather board here. Orange alert and Imogen still to come and folk going in about HOW EXCITING and WONDERFUL it will be..Grumpy! VERY grumpy....

What kind of name is Imogen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Cracked lips are so fricking annoying. :/ On par with the dreaded paper-cut. Every time I go to open my mouth it stings like a mofo. :( It's a good job I don't have anyone to talk to 'cos it'd be How OW! are OW! you OW!

Also I'm annoyed that I don't know what ta means. I guess it could mean trivially annoyed because of x y and z?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

TG1 wrote: »
    TA'd that I woke up with a thumping headache, sore throat, stuffed nose and watery eyes. If this develops into a full on cold it will be no. 4027 in the last 18 months...

Also I'm due back to work after a really long (not cold related) absence tomorrow, if I turn up sick and sniffing they are really just going to give up and fire me!!!

Good luck with your return to work tomorrow and I am sorry about your cold!

From reading about your accident it sounds like you have had a very genuine reason not to be in work and they should be glad to have you back! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Good luck with your return to work tomorrow and I am sorry about your cold!

From reading about your accident it sounds like you have had a very genuine reason not to be in work and they should be glad to have you back! :)

Ah thanks! :) hopefully they'll all be as understanding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Cyclists cycling 3 abreast so that one if them isn't actually in the cycle lane, but on the road. Jesus Christ, can one of them not cycle behind the others, or do they really prefer to be wobbling out in the traffic !!

For the second time recently, I've had a Facebook friend request, and I've gone in for a look all intrigued . And for the second time it's a request from some random American widower. Profile and cover pics of them with their kids. Am I a widower magnet lately, or is this something dodgy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Martin shkreli and his punchable face.

Mopping floors.

I have a steam mop and yes it's great 'cos it doesn't soak the floors and dries quickly but how do you manoeuvre yourself around the place without walking on the freshly mopped floors?

I mopped the hall and kitchen and I had to walk over it to get back to the kitchen and I left footprints.

I mopped back over it and then had to wait in the living room til it was dry and then I walked into the hall and saw bits of grey fluff accumulating in the corner which is baffling as I thoroughly hoovered the whole house before mopping.

That's the worst thing about wooden floors; grey lumps of fluff that appear out of nowhere.

Anyway the floors are mopped but the kitchen floor is still wet so my longing for a cuppa will have to wait cos I'm not going back in there leaving more footprints!

• Advertisement

I was in the same boat as yourself and pretty frustrated with how my weight loss came to a standstill. I only shifted 2Lbs from June - December, but I've been through this before and I knew I was in a plateau phase. So I kept at the cardio and suddenly I've lost another 7Lbs since the New Year :). Many people fall off the rails and get disheartened when their progress stalls. The key is to maintain discipline, don't lose focus and just kept plugging away.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Martin shkreli and his punchable face.

And since the legendary Face Kicker is no longer with us, I'd have no problem in stepping up, filling his shoes and kicking Mr. Shkreli in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That fcuking Hyundai ad, "my name is Hannawa". Stupid name.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    That fcuking Hyundai ad, "my name is Hannawa". Stupid name.

It's Hanna Ware :D

I was in the same boat as yourself and pretty frustrated with how my weight loss came to a standstill. I only shifted 2Lbs from June - December, but I've been through this before and I knew I was in a plateau phase. So I kept at the cardio and suddenly I've lost another 7Lbs since the New Year :). Many people fall off the rails and get disheartened when their progress stalls. The key is to maintain discipline, don't lose focus and just kept plugging away.

Thanks for that, Corvus.
    I was warned in the gym by my PT that a plateau was going to happen but I didn't think it would for some reason.

I try my hardest every week but this week especially was one of my best exercise and food wise and I stayed the same weight this week as the past 2.
    I'm the same weight now as I was 5 weeks ago.

You're right though; I know I have to keep plugging away and carry on and tell myself this is a lifestyle change and that even though my weight loss might stall, I am changing my body shape all the time.

I also know I mustn't give up and that thought never entered my mind, so that's good.

• Advertisement

There's an ad on the radio for Hyundai and the guy keeps pronouncing it "High-and-die".
    It's feckin HyUNdai ffs!

Shannon757 wrote: »

Old fashioned upper class English name! We share the naming with the UK you see. They are apparently naming as far as W only; what is wrong with Xerxes, Yolande and Zebedee? Oh this is interesting though! "Imogen /ˈɪmədʒən/, or Imogene, is a female given name. It is thought (but not confirmed) to have originated as a misspelling or variation of the name Innogen, from the Old Irish Ingen meaning "maiden" or "girl"." Wikipaedia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Definitely trivial but definitely annoying thing here.

The winners of the Superbowl being referred to as the world champions and even getting that stamped on their rings which each winning player is given. Its a national competition with only teams from that country entering. I know there probably isn't a team outside the US who could beat them but it still riles me. Imagine if All Ireland winners started being referred to as World Champions. We wouldn't be long cutting them down to size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Definitely trivial but definitely annoying thing here.

The winners of the Superbowl being referred to as the world champions and even getting that stamped on their rings which each winning player is given. Its a national competition with only teams from that country entering. I know there probably isn't a team outside the US who could beat them but it still riles me. Imagine if All Ireland winners started being referred to as World Champions. We wouldn't be long cutting them down to size.

Americans are so full of themselves. It's the same with the NBA and the baseball. Good idea with the hurling, Kilkenny are the World Champions for the 800th time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Shannon757 wrote: »

I know. Another poxey name for a day of windy weather. Imogen - a maiden or innocent. Hardly inspires dread or foreboding, does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I am alternating between Chrome & Firefox browsers at the moment, and the refresh page button is on opposite side of the address bar.

I know I could just hit F5, but still TA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Badly behaved children. I cannot cope with them at all.

Anti-vaccers.

Come on guys. Use your heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bridgettedon

Mopping floors.

I have a steam mop and yes it's great 'cos it doesn't soak the floors and dries quickly but how do you manoeuvre yourself around the place without walking on the freshly mopped floors?

I mopped the hall and kitchen and I had to walk over it to get back to the kitchen and I left footprints.

I mopped back over it and then had to wait in the living room til it was dry and then I walked into the hall and saw bits of grey fluff accumulating in the corner which is baffling as I thoroughly hoovered the whole house before mopping.

That's the worst thing about wooden floors; grey lumps of fluff that appear out of nowhere.

Anyway the floors are mopped but the kitchen floor is still wet so my longing for a cuppa will have to wait cos I'm not going back in there leaving more footprints!

How do you manage the lead??? I am either going to electrocute myself or choke myself on that stupid lead.

I would love a cordless vacuum and steam mop.

How do you manage the lead??? I am either going to electrocute myself or choke myself on that stupid lead.

I would love a cordless vacuum and steam mop.

I only unwind a certain amount of the lead and I lob the lead over my shoulder as I mop, but it does fall on the ground a few times.
    It's annoying but just try and keep it over your shoulder as much as poss.
    I'd love a cordless mop and Dyson myself.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement