Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 8191.1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Bastards who put on rear foglights on the motorway when it's misting rain. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

People who refer to "DIRT tax"

The T in DIRT stands for Tax. Jesus Christ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Needing to sneeze....but just can't/won't come out....that tickly feeling in my nose!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Does smelling pepper work, or is that just a myth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Not for me anyway...sneeze is out now....fukkin hate being sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Not too sure.

What I do is to twist up a tissue and tickle deep inside my nose. Works like a charm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

BOO!!!!

Oh wait, scares only work for hiccups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

The sneeze I could live with. But them feckin' hiccups...........I hate them with a vengeance......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Something that annoys me every time it happens and I never even really expressed it before:

When you go to get the next one out of a packet of tissues or- especially - Wet Wipes.

You grovel your fingers down through a sort of slot to get at the tissues or wipes: they are supposed to be cunningly interleaved with each other so that the top one offers itself to you: but of course they're stuck together, and you can't SEE the leading edge of the next one, and you scrabble your fingers around trying to get the next one up and a whole ragged clump of tissues or wipes come up together and you have to try and disentangle the one you want, and stuff the others back in, and of course they won't easily go back in and certainly not "interleaved" as the designers innocently planned.

And all this could have been avoided if the manufacturers of tissues and wipes would allow a thin red line along one edge so that you could see where to pick it up by. BRILLIANT NEW IDEA!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Something that annoys me every time it happens and I never even really expressed it before:

When you go to get the next one out of a packet of tissues or- especially - Wet Wipes.

You grovel your fingers down through a sort of slot to get at the tissues or wipes: they are supposed to be cunningly interleaved with each other so that the top one offers itself to you: but of course they're stuck together, and you can't SEE the leading edge of the next one, and you scrabble your fingers around trying to get the next one up and a whole ragged clump of tissues or wipes come up together and you have to try and disentangle the one you want, and stuff the others back in, and of course they won't easily go back in and certainly not "interleaved" as the designers innocently planned.

And all this could have been avoided if the manufacturers of tissues and wipes would allow a thin red line along one edge so that you could see where to pick it up by. BRILLIANT NEW IDEA!!!

katemarch wrote: »

If I could thank your post more than once, I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Baraics Pollox

Only one thing annoys me more than seeing a big pile of dog shíte on the footpath and that would be, a big pile of dog shíte, IN A BAG, on the footpath.

Why would you bother picking up after your dog when, as soon as you're out of sight, you fire the bag of crap into a hedge or in against the wall.

Dog crap I imagine would take less than a week to biodegrade, but an aul bog standard plastic bag will hang around for decades (Unless of course it too is biodegradable but you get what I mean here).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

If I could thank your post more than once, I would.

You can - it was double-posted

everlast75 wrote: »
    You can - it was double-posted

Take your post thanks and get out of here! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I'm still hungry. How?
    So far today I've had.....
    Bowl of porridge, an apple, a banana, tea and a croissant.
    2 ham and cheese toasties, with about half tube of pringles, more tea and 3 fig rolls.
    Large bag of Hunky Dorys, 2 Wacko bars.
    Home made chips, 3 sausages, beans, pint of milk.
    Large dairymilk daim bar, tea, 2 bags of Tayto.

Now I want pizza and curry chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA'd that I can't find my Swype card for work tomorrow, I've been out for a while and moved house at the weekend and somewhere in all that the card grew legs and ran away. I remember putting it in a box and it's not there now.

Now my first morning back will mean parking in the far away car park ridiculously early and waiting for someone else to drive in then pegging it after them as fast as I can to get through the gate... Not the first day back I was hoping for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

My throat is sore and my voice is going and I am so, so tired today but I have a lot on for the next few weeks and a new job so I really cannot get sick now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When shoes are left thrown around instead of neatly side by side.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I'm still hungry. How?
    2 ham and cheese toasties, with about half tube of pringles, more tea and 3 fig rolls.

Oh lovely. Get them.

I had two sausages, a big mac meal, a packet of Foxes chocolatey biscuits, last night's potatoe wedges, and now a bottle of beer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

TA people posting about all their food and getting me hungry :D

• Advertisement

TA people posting about all their food and getting me hungry :D

Let us be your enablers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

That I am back to work after two weeks of being out sick with Jeremy Kyle :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Let us be your enablers :D

Ah but I've nothing decent in and that would involve going out which would be madness :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I fail to understand celebrities with bad teeth, especially if they have money. There's a top rabbi on with Gay Byrne at the moment called Lord Jonathan Sachs. His teeth are like coffin stones. Another man with horrendous teeth is Shane Ross. I can't work it out. I wonder are they smokers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Feeling unwell and compulsively googling my symptoms. I've now convinced myself that I've got every disease on the internet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I'm still hungry. How?

That's no man. Tis a remorseless eating machine !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I'm not one for taking much notice of Winter, but this weather really is getting fcuking impossible. I'm sick to the back-teeth of the constant wet, cold, dark, and sometimes bloody wind. Poor show, chief. Poor show! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

jimgoose wrote: »
    I'm not one for taking much notice of Winter, but this weather really is getting fcuking impossible. I'm sick to the back-teeth of the constant wet, cold, dark, and sometimes bloody wind. Poor show, chief. Poor show! :mad:

Sun is out here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

jimgoose wrote: »

Yes I'm off to Norway next week for the better weather!!! :D

TA today: I'm still carrying around the turkey and quality street weight gain after Christmas, and I noticed the gaping buttons on my shirt this morning AFTER I'd arrived at work. Now I'm conscious of them all the time, and I've to work later than usual as well. Balls.

"Fat shirt" tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

My shoelace broke. At work. Where there is no shoelace shop.
    Am like a hobo now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Menas wrote: »
    Am like a hobo now...

In an office?
    Find some wire from somewhere... anywhere.

Then await a TA post on here from one of your colleagues:
    My wireless mouse doesn't seem to work... although I can't remember getting a wireless one...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Am like a hobo now...

No, you're like Monsieur Collignon. :)

http://www.thelin.net/laurent/cinema/films/tt0211915/30644.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Will someone please give me permission to taser the next dullard I hear whistling along a supermarket aisle?

I have a pathological hatred of whistling, it's like fingers scraping a blackboard to my ears. Is it just me? Seriously, why do people do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

So last night, the guy I've been dating and I made things official.. :)
    TA that I've turned into a cheesy lovey dovey!

xLisaBx wrote: »
    So last night, the guy I've been dating and I made things official.. :)
    TA that I've turned into a cheesy lovey dovey!

Perfect timing for him to get you some valentines schmooze!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Still unreasonably TA'd by people not using the multi-quote function. What makes them think that others want to read 6-7 posts in a row from the same person? So bloody annoying. Aaaaaargh.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭wehuntmonsters

Bus Eireann.

End of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I've never had any of my HDD's fail before and then on Saturday night, my external HDD completely died on me. But why stop there, because my back up internal drive decided to join in and it completely died on me last night. To make matters worse, the external drive had about 400 movies on it and the back up internal drive contained the back up of all those movies :(:mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I've never had any of my HDD's fail before and then on Saturday night, my external HDD completely died on me. But why stop there, because my back up internal drive decided to join in and it completely died on me last night. To make matters worse, the external drive had about 400 movies on it and the back up internal drive contained the back up of all those movies :(:mad:.

TA'd that I'm now in fear of my HDD and any backed up files.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Will someone please give me permission to taser the next dullard I hear whistling along a supermarket aisle?

I have a pathological hatred of whistling, it's like fingers scraping a blackboard to my ears. Is it just me? Seriously, why do people do it?

It's the other person's way of letting you know that they are comfortable in the situation and they are not intimidated by you. Whistling Lionel Richie's All Night Long is proof of this.

In fact the opposite is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

whiskeyman wrote: »
    TA'd that I'm now in fear of my HDD and any backed up files.

After what I went through, you probably should back up your back up files just to be safe.

After what I went through, you probably should back up your back up files just to be safe.

See, now I am going to have to go and do that this evening, you have made me paranoid!

New week, same old fúcking shíte :rolleyes: :mad:

Something is falling away from under my car. I am particularly financially challenged this week so this is bad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

People who have a fancy ring tone (Star Wars or top gear theme etc) and who seem to deliberately leave it ring for longer so everyone can hear it.

Nobody cares.

• Advertisement

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    People who have a fancy ring tone (Star Wars or top gear theme etc) and who seem to deliberately leave it ring for longer so everyone can hear it.

Nobody cares.

Must be someone who remembers the era when people paid for ringtones if they did not like the stock ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Must be someone who remembers the era when people paid for ringtones if they did not like the stock ones.

Or programmed your own ringtone into the trusty Nokia, typing it note by note.

Andrewf20 wrote: »

Nobody cares.

People who have a ring tone, what's wrong with silent and vibrating.....just like Medussa's 'friend' :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Something is falling away from under my car. I am particularly financially challenged this week so this is bad :(

Exhaust?
    Mine fell out a few years ago and it was so frightening.
    I'm in the same boat too regarding car trouble (but something always crops up with my car every few months).
    I think the power steering pump is gone and it's the wrong time for it to happen as I'm going to a wedding soon and saving every penny.

TA'd that knickers never go on quickly when you're getting dressed in the gym changing room.
    I tried putting mine on fast so nobody would get an eyeful of my wobbly ar*e but no, the knickers had to roll at the edges and get all twisted so everyone got a good look as I tried hoisting them on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

kfallon wrote: »
    People who have a ring tone, what's wrong with silent and vibrating.....just like Medussa's 'friend' :P

Best friend I've ever made :p

TA'd that I missed an ENT appointment today, just totally forgot about it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement