Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 8191.1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I hate whenever there are adverts for an upcoming live concert, on the radio. They always play the artist's recorded music with a bit of echo to make it sound like it's a live recording. Come on now Ted. You ain't fooling me with that nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Wooden "briquettes" surely they have to burn to be described as briquettes? My fire has gone out 3 times and I'm only home since 7...

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Having to defrost my face after an evening like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Having to defrost my face after an evening like that!

Oh thanks, I have to go out in it soon, really have me looking forward to it now :mad: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I hate whenever there are adverts for an upcoming live concert, on the radio. They always play the artist's recorded music with a bit of echo to make it sound like it's a live recording. Come on now Ted. You ain't fooling me with that nonsense

Already posted that exact TA - it's annoying and cringe worthy beyond description!!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

kfallon wrote: »
    Oh thanks, I have to go out in it soon, really have me looking forward to it now :mad: :p

Temperature 5. RealFeel -5 according to my phone :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My mother robbed my chocolate that I was saving for later. You don't do that to a PMSing woman!- it's asking for trouble.
    I tried to play it down (it's only a bleedin' bar of Dairy Milk Crunchy FFS!) but inside, I'm torn between wanting to cry and wanting to yell at her. The worst thing is: she had her own stash of chocolates/candies that she shares with my stepdad in the mini fridge in the living room so she had absolutely no reason to raid my stash. The cheek of her! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

My dog keeps farting and he is beyond vile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Boards is taking ages to post replies. You hit the submit button and it takes a few seconds to go back to the thread. By which time someone can have thanked the post.

That makes it seem like people are thanking the post before I've even posted it. And it's FREAKING me out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭8 Bit Girl

McChubbin wrote: »
    My mother robbed my chocolate that I was saving for later. You don't do that to a PMSing woman!- it's asking for trouble.

Oh hell no. This isnt trivial, this WW 3 inducing!
    I feel for you!

• Advertisement

Temperature 5. RealFeel -5 according to my phone :p

Twas grand once we started running around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Pixels - what a Godawful load of b0llocks. Worst film I've seen in a while. I wish I had gotten drunk before watching it. I wish I hadn't bought it for my OH. I hate having to apologise for buying a present.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭PC Lackey

When people say stuff like 'I remember when I was 5 and ... '

How can you do that.

Heres the entire database of memories filed under a date or age heading in my life.

Search by - Age -

18: Leaving cert. Finally got laid.
    25: there was some kind of sun holiday.

End of results.

Search by - Date -

01/01/16: Oh yeah that was new years.

End of results.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You know in a public toilet when the toilet roll dispenser has been refilled and no matter how delicate and precise with your actions, when you try to unroll the paper, it always rips 3/4's of the way through sheet number 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

There's an Aungier Danger pop up shop open in Arnotts and I didn't know until today.

That's five days of donut eating I've missed out on.

Forgot that tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and this has upset my menu plan as I have shephards pie planned.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Turn it into a fisherman's pie and replace the mince with tuna... Don't know what it'll taste like, mind you...

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Forgot that tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and this has upset my menu plan as I have shephards pie planned.

Just have it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

My dog keeps farting and he is beyond vile.

Pedigree Chum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Egad! That means today is Pancake Day!! <SLAM!!> :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

my sleep pattern! Awake till 3 last night, now waking...

I just ordered a sandwich in the local bakery, and I was asked if I was having it there or to takeaway . I replied "To go, please" I am off home now to insert some needle under my fingernails.

On the plus side, as I was leaving the sandwich shop, I saw a man do that trip,stumble and pretend to start running thing. I enjoyed that.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Pedigree Chum?

No, he usually has dry food but we gave him leftover chicken and gravy yesterday. He was soooooooo bad last night.

No, he usually has dry food but we gave him leftover chicken and gravy yesterday. He was soooooooo bad last night.

Had that same problem with one of my dogs. I moved him on to Skinners dry food, it's a good quality food and not as expensive as some of the better known brands. €35 - €45 for 15 kg. you don't need to feed as much and even less to pick up from the garden. But I know what you mean, as soon as I throw him a couple of sausages or left over meat......its windows open. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My mother in law gives the dog garlic, it's farts are absolutely pungent :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

I just ordered a sandwich in the local bakery, and I was asked if I was having it there or to takeaway . I replied "To go, please" I am off home now to insert some needle under my fingernails.

TA'd that I don't understand why this is embarrassing :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

scdublin wrote: »

It's a bit of an Americanism. I personally have no problem with it but some people are opposed to sounding even vaguely like an American.

Because I said "To go". Exactly the sort of thing I would give out about if I was standing behind someone else who said it:)

Unless of course, I was in a deli in New York

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Me neither. I spent ages trying to figure it out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Because I said "To go". Exactly the sort of thing I would give out about if I was standing behind someone else who said it:)

Ah, I see! I'm definitely guilty of using that one a few times.

TA today is that it's only Tuesday and I have to do some exercise before stuffing my face with pancakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Whaddaya know from funny, ya bastid!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Pixels - what a Godawful load of b0llocks. Worst film I've seen in a while. I wish I had gotten drunk before watching it. I wish I hadn't bought it for my OH. I hate having to apologise for buying a present.

I bought a record player for O.H for Christmas,(off Amazon) she bought an LP for it the other day and it's skipping like crazy, I played the LP on my one, perfect. feck, ditto, apologise for buying the crap present

Gravy it seems is bad for a dog, one of them things you shouldn't give a dog, like chocolate, then it goes and eats it's own poop, who (human) decides whats good or bad for a dog?? my old (dead now) used to take carrots out of her bowl and drop them beside it, she told US what she didn't like.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Whaddaya know from funny, ya bastid!!

:D

Ah Mr Goose, you've done it again. God ol Eddie, when he is good he is smokin:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Bit of a scratchy throat, definitely feel a cold coming on, so I decide I should have a Lemsip. Rummage around in the office's First Aid kit and find the very last one stuck in the corner, excellent. Throw the kettle on, empty the sachet into a cup and wander away to do something else.

Come back once it has boiled, and out of the sheer force of habit of a tea-drinker I throw a teabag into the cup. In goes the boiling water...and I'm now drinking tea-flavoured Lemsip. It's exactly as gank as you would expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

The Ice cream van on a day like this WTF.:mad:I thought I was hearing things for a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Colser wrote: »
    The Ice cream van on a day like this WTF.:mad:I thought I was hearing things for a second.

I would not mind an ice cream now to be honest. It would warm me up. :(

Did you get a 99?

kfallon wrote: »
    Did you get a 99?
    No:p
    I wouldnt buy off that dirty yoke if I was sweltering not to mind when Im freezing to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

No:p
    I wouldnt buy off that dirty yoke if I was sweltering not to mind when Im freezing to death.

What did the ice cream man do to deserve to be called a dirty yoke?! Do tell!!

Menas wrote: »
    What did the ice cream man do to deserve to be called a dirty yoke?! Do tell!!
    Money,fags and ice cream all handled without gloves and whatever else he does that I dont actually see...Id rather starve.

• Advertisement

TA'd that it's only Tuesday and I'm tired enough for it to be Friday... Don't know if I will make 3 more days!

TG1 wrote: »
    TA'd that it's only Tuesday and I'm tired enough for it to be Friday... Don't know if I will make 3 more days!

I kept thinking it was Wednesday earlier today....ffs! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

"This site uses cookies! Click here if you accept our cookie policy!!!!!!"

"Subscribe to our email list! We promise to never spam you!"

"Enter your email address now to receive our FREE 24 PAGE EBOOK"

"How about filling in this short survey????"

And this is with an adblocker installed. Some days I want to take a flame thrower to the whole internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

People who start sentences with "So", bad enough when it's spoken sentences, but I was reading a few threads here and they also start with "So" and all the replies started with "So" too,
    So we had this installed...,
    So I've just checked...
    Where is this annoying phenomenon coming from?? It just sounds fake, or when its spoken it sounds like a rehearsed answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

selous wrote: »
    People who start sentences with "So", bad enough when it's spoken sentences, but I was reading a few threads here and they also start with "So" and all the replies started with "So" too,
    So we had this installed...,
    So I've just checked...
    Where is this annoying phenomenon coming from?? It just sounds fake, or when its spoken it sounds like a rehearsed answer.

I often start my sentences with ''So'' and it's fairly common in Cork, I often do it when I'm writing a post online too, I don't even think of it to be honest.

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I often start my sentences with ''So'' and it's fairly common in Cork, I often do it when I'm writing a post online too, I don't even think of it to be honest.

Yeh I got into the habit after a few years in cork, it does seem to be a thing there. It's not as annoying as the "insert like into every sentence" thing they do though, that one took a while to get my head round (like)!

People typing 'use' for 'you plural' / yous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

People saying 'use' for 'you plural'

As in yous???

Or people who say "I loves me......."

• Advertisement

As in yous???

Yes. I mean, in written communication, social media etc, they mean yous, but they type 'use'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement