Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag Party accommodation in Ireland for 30 people

Options
  • 13-11-2015 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Has anybody been on a stag in Ireland with 30+ people. It's turning out to be difficult ( understandably ) to find somewhere to cater for a group that size.

Not too worried about activities. I think a large rural hostel or guesthouse where we can be left on our own for the weekend would be ideal. Must be low budget, a nice quiet corner of the country with a beach where we can't do too much damage would work well.

Just thought I'd fire it out there - cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

30 lads at a beach this time of the year what are ye planning?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭sandra06

raheen woods hotel near galway is lovely its very laid back ,,,music every weekend my hubby was there last weekend in a large group of musicans and had a ball ,,,,it near enough to galway which is a stag paradise have a look on facebook and see what you think dublin is great but expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 3 anoneemus

30 lads at a beach this time of the year what are ye planning?

Well I wouldn't let 30 lads into my pub or club all at once, thats for sure :P

We are just going to focus on getting somewhere to stay first. Then figure out some entertainment afterwards. Worst case scenario is we play some poker, a few drinking games. Maybe hang out somewhere locally during the day for a few drinks and some food. Wont be till after Christmas, off peak

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Now don't say I don't do anything nice for you......Carlingford Adventure Centre has accommodation for up to 180 people, they have activity packages and stuff too or you can just book rooms and houses off peak.

Now where's my invite.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

"Carlingford Adventure Centre, provides accommodation for up to 180 guests in 36 bedrooms."

Should be a fun night for light sleepers :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

anoneemus wrote: »

We are just going to focus on getting somewhere to stay first. Then figure out some entertainment afterwards. Worst case scenario is we play some poker, a few drinking games. Maybe hang out somewhere locally during the day for a few drinks and some food. Wont be till after Christmas, off peak

Who the fcuk is planning this ? You?

If I went on a stag like that I'd have the organiser shot.

anoneemus wrote: »

Poker and drinking games? I know you say worst case scenario, that's very grim.

Maybe try the Quality Hotel in Youghal. On beach, cheap as chips, has rooms and apartments and houses, leisure centre and bar etc. Kinda set up for families but suspect they'd take money from wherever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Poker and drinking games? I know you say worst case scenario, that's very grim.

Cripes yeah - make it a stag hour. Tops.

One of those activity resorts has to be an easy win for whoever organising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I was in one in dingle recently. A hostel there (sorry can't remember the name) took 25 of us no bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

SeaFields wrote: »
    I was in one in dingle recently. A hostel there (sorry can't remember the name) took 25 of us no bother.

Not an bad idea - I know its mental busy during the summer months but I was at a stag there once in winter (cant remember the month) and it was very quiet, I know some of the pubs wont want a gang 30 plus piling in all at once though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Some of the best stags I went on had no "activities", just lads, beer, food and the craic. Don't see why bubble soccer or rock climbing HAS to come into a stag party..

You could always do a city and just give the guys two or three hotel options to book into. That's what we've done when we went somewhere with 30 plus of us.

Dingle isn't bad, plenty to see anyway, drive around Slea Head, walk up Brandon for the more energetic, boat trip to Blaskets (might depend on month and weather), think there's a pitch n putt, the indoor wall climbing place and lots of other activities. And lots of pubs. Not great for clubs though, late bar in Droichead and real "disco" in Hillgrove.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I was at a stag with over 20 of us, Spanish Arch Hotel in Galway had plenty of room.

All the big hotels in Westport will take stags, try the Wyatt and the castlecourt. They do look for an extra deposit from each stag attendee but you'll get it back on departure.

Some of the best stags I went on had no "activities", just lads, beer, food and the craic. Don't see why bubble soccer or rock climbing HAS to come into a stag party..

You could always do a city and just give the guys two or three hotel options to book into. That's what we've done when we went somewhere with 30 plus of us.

Tbh, the best stags I've been on were the ones in cities, like Liverpool or Edinburgh, where people could just do their own thing and stroll off to see whatever they wanted or go drinking or clubbing or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

I agree with Gone Drinking and Conor74 - a city is better (groups that size break up anyway) - Liverpool and Edinburgh as mentioned are both perfect I've been to both for stags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Carrick on shannon has accomodation for stags - houses that sleep up to 18 - can get two. They're just opposite Glancy's pub so 5 minutes from the centre. Couple of good late night bars and it's popular for hen parties too.

Advertisement