Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog walker/daycare recommendations

• 13-11-2015 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all,

Will be relocating to Dublin (hopefully Dublin 4 or 6) in December and I want to get a head start on researching doggie daycare and dog walking options for our dog. We will both be working 9-5 but likely out of the house from 8.30-6 so will definitely want a break for her other than on days we can work from home which is probably once or twice per week.

So far the places I've come up with are -

1. Mutt Ugly - sounds amazing but seems to be full up so going on a waiting list seems to be the only option.
    2. LePet in Churchtown - this is likely going to be too far away - we'll both be working in city centre but if we end up in Dundrum it could be an option. Seems to be harder to find reviews of this place - anyone use them?

Walkers
    1. Clever companions
    2. The Barkley
    3. Privileged pets

The first two seem to have very professional websites and qualifications but are also a lot more expensive and don't seem to have any discounts for multiple walks per week - we would be looking at 3-5 walks per week.

The 3rd one offers a cheaper alternative but I can't find much online about them.

At the moment our dog goes to daycare twice a week and one of us goes home at lunchtime the other 3 days to give her a break and play with her a bit. She's pretty happy with this - snoozes the rest of the time as is evident from us taping her while we're gone. It is AMAZING how much that dog can sleep!

Any other suggestions or are the above good options for daycare and walking?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

I used Rhona in walkies.ie for 5 years before i moved out of Dublin and found her excellent.. very trust worthy, reliable and great with my dog.

https://www.facebook.com/walkies.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Vancity

Thanks cocker5 - I'll check her out. Her FB page doesn't have anything about prices so I presume I have to contact her directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I considered Le Pet but after watching their FB page for a bit, their equipment all looks a bit tired. I also considered Dundrum Dog Grooming but went with Positive Dog Training in Sandyford in the end - their premises are clean, equipment is as new and the staff are lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Vancity wrote: »
    Thanks cocker5 - I'll check her out. Her FB page doesn't have anything about prices so I presume I have to contact her directly.

Sorry I should have said when we used her and was €20 a day .. With rates for multiple days etc.. She would collect my guy from our house at 11am, then collect a few more pups, head literally up the mountains and he would get home wrecked (and dirty) at times around 3pm., so was well worth it for us. We gave her a keg and she was very trustworthy.. We were gutted when we moved we no longer could use her.

Her rates may have changed she's very friendly send her a message!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

i have heard really great things about positive pets in sandy ford!

• Advertisement
Advertisement