Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir Fibre in Ballinlough, Co. Roscommon

Options
  • 13-11-2015 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

I've heard it's supposed to be coming in early or middle of 2016. Can you confirm and/or provide a more precise date range?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Matt Bauer wrote: »
    I've heard it's supposed to be coming in early or middle of 2016. Can you confirm and/or provide a more precise date range?
    That's the most accurate indication we have on this so far Matt Bauer - A more precise date had not yet been agreed.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

Thanks Alan. I guess my next question would be, since you don't have a more exact date yet, what's the latest month of the year "early/mid" typically refers to? June/July? I realise it could mean that fibre is rolled out much earlier, but I'd like to know how long it _could_ take worst-case.

Thanks Alan. I guess my next question would be, since you don't have a more exact date yet, what's the latest month of the year "early/mid" typically refers to? June/July? I realise it could mean that fibre is rolled out much earlier, but I'd like to know how long it _could_ take worst-case.
    I'm sorry Matt Bauer but that really is the most information we have and it's specifically that termininology (early to mid 2016)

I would imagine early to mid 2016 would intend to suggest up to June/July at latest.

Al

That's good enough for me, thanks. All I wanted to know is, what does it mean worst-case.

That's good enough for me, thanks. All I wanted to know is, what does it mean worst-case.
    No worries Matt Bauer - happy to help :)

Al

• Advertisement

I do have an additional unrelated question, though. Will air extreme (1000mb) be available in Ballinlough, or just the "up to 100mb" fibre cabinet service?

I do have an additional unrelated question, though. Will air extreme (1000mb) be available in Ballinlough, or just the "up to 100mb" fibre cabinet service?
    No problem,

Only up to 100Mb - 1gb speeds not currently planned for ballinlogh I'm afraid

Al

I am less than 350 metres from where the fibre cabinet in Ballinlough is marked on fibrerollout.ie. Does this mean I should be able to attain the full 100Mb down, 20Mb up?

I am less than 350 metres from where the fibre cabinet in Ballinlough is marked on fibrerollout.ie. Does this mean I should be able to attain the full 100Mb down, 20Mb up?
    Please follow this link and guide your mouse over the "calculate distance" area where it will show what speeds to expect in that case : http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

Thanks
    Al

Any update on fibre in Ballinlough, Co. Roscommon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Any update on fibre in Ballinlough, Co. Roscommon?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Matt Bauer,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked this and cabinet BLH1_E01 in Ballinlough is active, 330 premises in this exchange can now access up to 70Mb/s fibre broadband.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement