Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSE Airtricity

Options
  • 13-11-2015 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Looking for some advice on how to deal with this issue.

We bought a new house back in August which we are currently renovating so have not moved into as of yet.

After purchasing the house we received a letter from Airtricity stating that we needed to set up an account or they may disconnect and would charge to have us re-connected.

We rang and spoke to a nice telephone sales person who advised the terms and conditions over the phone, stating the costs per unit etc... So we signed up.

In October I received a text message to submit our readings for gas and electricity which I did by using their App, over the web and also by phone (overly cautious).

We used 13 units of electricity and 1 unit of Gas since the previous reading as we were not living in the house. These readings were submitted before the cut of date.

A few days later I received an e-Bill for €124 which I thought was steep for the usage so I had my wife ring and they advised the bill was wrong and they would fix the issue.

A number of days later the bill was still showing up in correctly on their app so I called and they advised the db request had been sent so I should refuse that db and a new one would be sent for the correct amount.

I rang again when the amount was still not updated. They advised that everything was right on their side and that I would be billed for a lower amount.

In the mean time the girl told me that my readings were originally refused when sent them in. (Strange how they can send you automated survey calls, emails at all hours of the night but can't send an email or contact you saying that a reading was rejected).

So I took photos of the meters and they said that the readings are now correct and a new db would be sent on the 18th of Nov. Just looked at my account and it is for €355.

So my question is, anyone else have this sort of problem and can I cancel my contract seeing as I was quoted a certain price per unit of gas and electricity but am been charged €355 for the service charge + 13 units of electricity + 1 unit of gas. A bit steep in my eyes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

How does that €335 break down?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

124 combined for electricity and gas wouldn't be far off for your readings when standing charges and the pso levy are taken into account

Sorry. Misread OP, accounted for more usage. You should be around the 80quid mark depending on type of meter and tarrif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

dudara wrote: »
    How does that €335 break down?

Also check the billing period on the invoice - this will relate to the amount of standing charge being applied.

As Dudara mentions, check the breakdown on the bill.
    You may need to login to your account and download the PDF to see the specific line items.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭howsshenow

Hi Sse, Can I ask about your Estimated Annual Bill which you use for switchers.
    If I use less than 4200 Kwh's in the year I would still get charged for the full amount..
    What happens at year end to the surplus money that I would have paid you if I use less than 4,200 Kwh's?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,015 ✭✭✭✭L1011

howsshenow wrote: »
    Hi Sse, Can I ask about your Estimated Annual Bill which you use for switchers.
    If I use less than 4200 Kwh's in the year I would still get charged for the full amount..
    What happens at year end to the surplus money that I would have paid you if I use less than 4,200 Kwh's?

This isn't a Talk To forum, nor do they have one.

Generally any overpayment with a provider is either refunded on request or used to reduce the averaging in the next year if not requested. They don't keep it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement