Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are accusations of trolling now allowed?

Options
  • 13-11-2015 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I reported a post in After Hours last night at around 8.30 that continued an accusation of trolling against me. No mod action has been taken. is this now acceptable in AH?

Comments

Actually the user was banned 2hrs and 29minutes after you reported the post.

A simple Pm to any of the mods would have saved you the bother of starting a thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That poster was banned last night. The mods may not have had time to add a note stating that action had been taken. It was late on a Thursday evening after all. :)

So, in answer to your question - No. That is not acceptable in AH.

Rest assured that the AH Mods deal with such matters when they are reported. But bear in mind that not all mod actions are visible to posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I would have thought that a ban for trolling would warrant an on-thread message. Perhaps not.

You will have to excuse me if dont think that a PM will get results. I've been waiting 2 weeks for a response from a CMOD regarding another mod action.

The thread has since been updated. 12 hours overnight isn't enough time to give mods time to action something. Things can be missed however and there's no harm raising something with us if you think that's the case, but do try to remember that we don't stay up all night to mod so it would be better to have a little more patience follow up if it isn't actioned within a reasonable timeframe.

I can't comment the forum/category - which your other ban would relate to, but I hope it would be unusual for AH mods/cmods not to respond to a PM unless they were busy with RL stuff which is why I would normally suggest PMing a couple of mods rather than just one.

With regard to your other ban (which is in another category), the DRP forum is in place for you to appeal if you are getting no response via PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The thread has since been updated. 12 hours overnight isn't enough time to give mods time to action something. Things can be missed however and there's no harm raising something with us if you think that's the case, but do try to remember that we don't stay up all night to mod so it would be better to have a little more patience follow up if it isn't actioned within a reasonable timeframe.

I can't comment the forum/category - which your other ban would relate to, but I hope it would be unusual for AH mods/cmods not to respond to a PM unless they were busy with RL stuff which is why I would normally suggest PMing a couple of mods rather than just one.

With regard to your other ban (which is in another category), the DRP forum is in place for you to appeal if you are getting no response via PM.

Perhaps i was a little bit impatient so i apologise for any offence i may have caused by jumping the gun.

The PM i was referring to was regarding After Hours not CT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Oops! I am the CMod in question & your other issue slipped my mind. I shall take a look at this over the weekend. Apologies! :)

Perhaps i was a little bit impatient so i apologise for any offence i may have caused by jumping the gun.

The PM i was referring to was regarding After Hours not CT.

My apologies, I only saw your outstanding CT ban. I shouldn't have assumed it was relating to that.

No offence caused at all, it can seem like a long time when you're frustrated I'm sure :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

As above, the post was actioned last night. I've placed a note in the post today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement