Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sensible soccer returning next year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Sensi Soccer was great its day when things were simple... when all you could do in soccer games was pass and shoot anyway.
    The myriad of controls in PES / FIFA is overwhelming now, so I can't see SS competing with them.
    I thought there were many SS type games available (probably for free) anyway? It's more of a retro option and it's not as if you need the next gen console abilities to bring the game to life.

I'll be sticking with PES

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Sensi Soccer was great its day when things were simple... when all you could do in soccer games was pass and shoot anyway.
    The myriad of controls in PES / FIFA is overwhelming now, so I can't see SS competing with them.
    I thought there were many SS type games available (probably for free) anyway? It's more of a retro option and it's not as if you need the next gen console abilities to bring the game to life.

price is decent for the digital copy £15 ,ive backed it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

peteeeed wrote: »
    price is decent for the digital copy £15 ,ive backed it

Could be a bit of craic if the online section is fun and playable.
    I played 'Goal' for ages (Dino Dini's next level version of 'Kick Off') and loved it.
    Actually, just after checking his wiki page:
    On October 14 2015 Dino Dino announced a new game entitled Dino Dini's Kick Off Revival. It is scheduled for release on the Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita in 2016

True soccer sim fans will stick to PES/FIFA, so it'll be interesting to see what direction these 'retro top down' games take.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Dino Dini's Creedence Clearwater Revival, or whatever it's called, could be something worth looking into purely because it's going to be released on the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

whiskeyman wrote: »

It doesn't need to compete directly. Just bring in a nice quick passing game like they had before and it'll be great. I'd love to see the old Amiga sensible world of soccer just directly ported, old teams and all.

I remember playing it on the SNES, even then it was outdated, but still great fun to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

That's something I never thought about, I'd actually much rather play with teams from the 90's than modern sides.

Advertisement