Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC fault code analysis

Options
  • 13-11-2015 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

I had an engineer get a 10 year old alarm system working again...it had been connected to eircom. It's a hkc panel. It needed a new battery and PIR. However there is a fault light that has been constantly illuminated but the alarm seemed be OK so I ignored it. Last night the alarm went off at 4am and the alarm log shows "Dev.comFltRkp". The engineer believes it needs a new circuit board which will cost me €120 all in.

Sounds like the right course of action?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Device comms fault would not necessarily mean that the panel is gone. €120 sounds like a replacement keypad rather than the panel pcb.
    I thought thethe Securewatch panels were obsolete now. I could be wrong though. But if they are you may not get the gaurantees with this replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

gebbel wrote: »
    I had an engineer get a 10 year old alarm system working again...it had been connected to eircom. It's a hkc panel. It needed a new battery and PIR. However there is a fault light that has been constantly illuminated but the alarm seemed be OK so I ignored it. Last night the alarm went off at 4am and the alarm log shows "Dev.comFltRkp". The engineer believes it needs a new circuit board which will cost me €120 all in.

Sounds like the right course of action?

Thanks

Its either the pcb or the keypad itself, from what you are saying I would of tried the keypad first if the red LED in the center of the pcb is blinking.
    Its a communication error between them.

Advertisement