Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's with the oil spills?

Options
  • 13-11-2015 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

Tuesday - Polberry closed, oil spill,
    Thursday - heard "oil spill" in the radio, didn't catch the location
    Friday morning - oil spill on inner ring road from Ballytruckle roundabout to Peugeot garage.

I get it may be down to the fact the winter is coming and people are buying heating oil... but three instances of oil spill in a matter of week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

beazee wrote: »
    Tuesday - Polberry closed, oil spill,
    Thursday - heard "oil spill" in the radio, didn't catch the location
    Friday morning - oil spill on inner ring road from Ballytruckle roundabout to Peugeot garage.

I get it may be down to the fact the winter is coming and people are buying heating oil... but three instances of oil spill in a matter of week?

That's probably the reason why, I reckon they are easier to spot in the rain too as they create a rainbow-like spill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

A new driver who has not been properly trained on the operation of the trucks pumping system maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

BBM77 wrote: »
    A new driver who has not been properly trained on the operation of the trucks pumping system maybe.

They better address their training needs. Three times is enough to send a signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Most oil spills on roads are due to Diesel caps on trucks not being properly locked on and allowing a full tank to spill out a relatively small amount of diesel on the truck stopping turning etc, but a little diesel goes a long way in a spill.

Advertisement