Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biz Asset Injunction

Options
  • 13-11-2015 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Background business closed, equipment still on premises, LL agreed to allow sale of equip, new tenant agreed to buy, now LL seizing equip in lieu of rent. 2nd hand value round 10k. Overdraught 5k & some other bills. Solicitor suggested injunction but these costly no? Possible LL counter sue for loss of rent? What would u do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

You need a solicitor - s/he is obliged to give you an indication of cost before finalising instructions. Go ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

I assume you are a director of this company.

The first point is as pedrobar suggests you need a solicitor.

Secondly, as a director of the company you have potentially allowed a proportion of its assets to be lost/put beyond use. This has potential consequences for you and means that it is far too risky to allow this company to go into liquidation.

So your only option to make sure everyone is paid up and the company having no assets or liabilities can go for a voluntary strike off. By what you are saying the liabilities of the company are not huge and if you need to put money in to pay off the creditors it can be done.

Otherwise you take out your injunction and keep the company alive until the whole thing is properly resolved.

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

Is this a limited company or are you a sole trader?

How much is owed in rent? I presume you signed a lease and are breaking it early due to the business issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

I would be with the landlord in this situation, he has locked you out and has an effective lien on the goods, pay him what he is owed and take your stuff, seems fair enough to me!

Advertisement