Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware Doctor Grab?

Options
  • 13-11-2015 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭

(I'm not really sure whether I should post this in "Consumer Issues" "Nonsense" or "Entertainment"!)

I purchased this item:

http://ie.drgrab.com/products/solar-gutter-light

from Dr. Grab a couple of months ago and it recently stopped working. Upon opening it, I found that two of the three leds were full of rusty water. When I contacted Dr. Grab's customer service, they informed me that "we didn't state the item is waterproof" :eek:

So presumably it's only meant to be used on gutters in countries where it never rains!

Has anyone else had a similar experience with the (appropriately named) Doctor Grab?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They say its for outdoor use, hence it must be suitable for outdoor use. That implies waterproof to an acceptable level.

Its too cheap to bother with the small claims court but its worth pointing out the "outdoor" on the listing and reporting it to the NCA, ASAI, etc, etc just to piss them off.

(they sell stuff that doesn't work at all - those detox foot pads showing below for me - though, so they likely have no concern about supporting stuff after sale)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Not at all what I expected from the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

They named their business "Doctor Grab" for reason - their target is to grab as much money as they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

joujoujou wrote: »
    They named their business "Doctor Grab" for reason - their target is to grab as much money as they can.

Just like the target of every other business then, not many businesses set out to give money away.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Not really. Honest business rather won't give you crap for your money, right? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

p44220_500_1024x1024.jpeg?v=1431511545

Looks like it was about to start raining in that photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

The latest from the ironically named "Customer Service Team":-

Dear Squatter,

Thank you for being a Grabber! This is Ho Chi Minger from DrGrab Customer Service team.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The light can not be used in the rain for long time, so we suggest to attach it under the roof gutter. :eek:

I have replied pointing out that it would have been (a) more honest and (b) more helpful if they had mentioned this rather important shortcoming in the marketing material that persuaded me to purchase this shoddy item.

However, looking on the positive side, it has only cost me €16 to learn that Doctor Grab lives up to its name. A reasonably cheap lesson that I hope will benefit others. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

How did you pay for the item?

If it's PayPal, open a case. If it was by credit card request a charge back.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭peppa 1986

I have purchased a blouse/long sleeved top from Dr Grab which I wish to return due to poor fit. I have asked for return address which was not included in delivery. They have asked me for full details of what was wrong and some photographs. I thought under consumer legislation, I am entitled to a full refund for items bought on line if they are returned in perfect condition and within a specified time frame. Anyone else have these issues with dr grab

peppa 1986 wrote: »
    I have purchased a blouse/long sleeved top from Dr Grab which I wish to return due to poor fit. I have asked for return address which was not included in delivery. They have asked me for full details of what was wrong and some photographs. I thought under consumer legislation, I am entitled to a full refund for items bought on line if they are returned in perfect condition and within a specified time frame. Anyone else have these issues with dr grab

Yes, you are, under distance selling regulations. HERE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

ejabrod wrote: »
    Yes, you are, under distance selling regulations. HERE

The problem is that DrGrab don't seem to have any registered companies in Ireland or the UK and their address is in Australia so it may be very difficult if not impossible to enforce our consumer laws on them.

slimjimmc wrote: »
    The problem is that DrGrab don't seem to have any registered companies in Ireland or the UK and their address is in Australia so it may be very difficult if not impossible to enforce our consumer laws on them.

Back to cc charge back/PayPal dispute in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭peppa 1986

Just an update on my blouse to be returned. They gave me an address in China to return it to and asked that I would register it......this would cost more than the item.....I will vote with my feet and never buy from them again.....

Advertisement