Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best option to remove

Options
  • 13-11-2015 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have a wooden fence in the garden with wooden posts. I am looking to replace them with the concrete H posts, as over the years they have become damaged.

There is quiet alot of cement around each post and I am looking for the best way to dig them up. The cement is roughly 2 foot in diameter 1and1/2 to 2 foot deep.

Would renting a kango be my best option? Or would anybody recommend another way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Jimmy_M

youd need a picture to be sure... but id say it should come out easily enough with a combination of digging around it and hitting it with a sledge hammer.

If you're having trouble after that, rent a small kango. You'll dig it out in minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lumix01

Depends on how many posts you need to remove. May be worthwhile renting a micro digger.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

In view of my previous experience moving a rotary clothes line I would recommend a Kango. It will smash up the concrete easily, and if you break it up fairly small you can re-use it as dry filling when you are erecting the H-poles.

Advertisement