Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Longwood, Co. Meath.

Options
  • 13-11-2015 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi there,
    Are there any firm dates for broadband available to the village? The rollout coverage map has jumped from 6 months to within a year, now to 6 weeks for one of the cabinets.
    Any info would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi there,
    Are there any firm dates for broadband available to the village? The rollout coverage map has jumped from 6 months to within a year, now to 6 weeks for one of the cabinets.
    Any info would be great, thanks.
    Hi Razormurphy

Hi Dave_K

The cabinet number LWD1_002 (you can see its location here: http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/) is due to go live within 6 weeks. The other tow cabinets are due to complete by mid 2016.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Razormurphy

Thanks for the reply Al,

Fingers crossed.
    One further question please; the cabinet that will go live in 6 weeks, will that serve only certain parts of Longwood, or all?
    As in, when the other cabinets come on stream eventually, is this to improve speeds, or serve the remainder of the village?

Thanks for the reply Al,

Fingers crossed.
    One further question please; the cabinet that will go live in 6 weeks, will that serve only certain parts of Longwood, or all?
    As in, when the other cabinets come on stream eventually, is this to improve speeds, or serve the remainder of the village?
    No problem Razormurphy

Yes a cabinet only serves a part of a specific area - basically a defined route reaching up to 2Km.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks again Al.
    By any chance are Oakleigh/Oakleigh Drive included as part of the first cabinet?

Thanks again Al.
    By any chance are Oakleigh/Oakleigh Drive included as part of the first cabinet?
    I would love to be able to answer that Razormurphy however we will be unable to see what areas it will serve until it does actually go live.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

No problem, cheers Al.

Thanks Razormurphy

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What's the world coming to? I remember living in Longwood in the early 80's and we were thankful to have to wind the handle on the public phone outside the post office to connect with the outside world. :)

What's the world coming to? I remember living in Longwood in the early 80's and we were thankful to have to wind the handle on the public phone outside the post office to connect with the outside world.  :)
    Indeed Aranza Puny Scandal - The future of tomorrow today :)

Al

We're still showing as "within 6 weeks" for the last 22 odd weeks for at least 1 broadband cabinet in the village. Can anyone in Eir please give us some form of accurate timeframe for broadband?
    Please don't give me a link to the rollout 'map', an honest, informed answer would be preferred. I'd even accept "never" at this stage. The 6 week carrot dangling has gotten old.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

We're still showing as "within 6 weeks" for the last 22 odd weeks for at least 1 broadband cabinet in the village. Can anyone in Eir please give us some form of accurate timeframe for broadband?
    Please don't give me a link to the rollout 'map', an honest, informed answer would be preferred. I'd even accept "never" at this stage. The 6 week carrot dangling has gotten old.
    Hi Razormurphy,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you PM me your account details and I will check if we have any further information on this.

-Pamela 

PM sent Pamela. thanks.

PM sent Pamela. thanks.
    Thanks Razormurphy,

I'm going through my PM's now and will be back to you shortly. 

-Pamela 

Thanks Pamela.

Thanks Pamela.
    No problem  Razormurphy,

-Pamela 

Any update please Pamela?
    And please don't redirect me to a map. I'm looking for some solid info here.

Any update please Pamela?
    And please don't redirect me to a map. I'm looking for some solid info here.
    I'm afraid we have no further updates on this at the minute RazormurphyApologies I could not offer you better news.

-Pamela 

Advertisement