Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Concrete (20foot * 20 foot)

Options
  • 13-11-2015 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Looking to concrete an area 20 feet * 20 feet on my driveway.

The area will be used as a dog run.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Thanks for sharing

Was there a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭893bet

His question is pretty obvious given his thread title but you just can't help having a little poke.

OP assuming you lay the concrete at 100mm deep which is loads given it is just for a dog then you will need around 5-6m of concrete at approx 75 euro per metre.

Extras of timber for the screed, hardcore and whacker for base, expansion joints etc. + labour

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

893bet wrote: »
    you will need around 5-6m of concrete at approx 75 euro per metre

What is a m of concrete? A cubic m?

JonathonS wrote: »
    What is a m of concrete? A cubic m?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Thanks for the replies guys.

What kind of man hours would be required?

Just trying to prepare a budget.

• Advertisement

Depends. If going down on grass then your need a digger to scrap off top soil. It's only an hours work for the digger. Get someone local to scrap off the area, a farmer with a jcb. The same fella will take the load of top soil away for you as he will have use for it. Get the Jcb to spread in the hardcore base and rent a whacker and get it levelish

Then get someone in to put up the screed and pour the concrete. 2 men x 1 day would finish it then.

Realistic minimums.

Concrete 450 euro
    Timber 70 euro
    Digger 50-100
    Stone 250
    Whacker rent 50
    Labour 300
    Micell 100

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Reason for my Q is that by my calc a 20ft sq x 100mm deep would take less than 4m3 of concrete. I'm doing something similar, and I've based my figures on W x L x D. Do I need to allow extra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭play it again

A pad of concrete 6 X 6 by 100 mm deep is about 3.6 metres of concrete , that will set you back about 400 euro as they will charge you for part load , but prices vary around the country

JonathonS wrote: »
    Reason for my Q is that by my calc a 20ft sq x 100mm deep would take less than 4m3 of concrete. I'm doing something similar, and I've based my figures on W x L x D. Do I need to allow extra?

It will take a minimum of four. Maybe more unless ground underneath is very flat and level. At 4 metres you will pay a higher rate for a small load so might aswell find a job for a metre or two extra IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement