Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre in Carlingford

Options
  • 13-11-2015 5:59pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

I'm considering a move to Carlingford, specifically Cuchulainn Heights. It's showing as not eFibre enabled, although the coverage map suggests within 1 year. Is this on target?

I'm also currently an eFibre customer with standalone (no phone line at all). If I had to downgrade to normal DSL would I then have to take on a phone service as well? How would this affect my account - I'm currently out of 18 month contract.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Red Alert,

Yes efibre is planned for carlingford within the next 12 months. A more specific date for launch is not agreed right now but it does look to be late summer at this stage although nothing can be guaranteed.

If you move address a new contract applies as contracts are agreed upon per address - although this would not hold you to DSL when fibre does become available. Normal DSL is available as a stand alone product too but in some cases a new phone line will be required in the case if the area has not been upgraded to NGB (next generation broadband)

Thanks
    Al

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Just to follow up this one: thanks for the info so far Alan.

It looks like an NGB area since the online checker says advanced BB is available. Is it possible to order standalone from the web, or do I need to phone up? Every time I try it seems to put in an add-on for phone that brings the monthly cost to 60 euro.  

Red Alert wrote: »
    Just to follow up this one: thanks for the info so far Alan.

It looks like an NGB area since the online checker says advanced BB is available. Is it possible to order standalone from the web, or do I need to phone up? Every time I try it seems to put in an add-on for phone that brings the monthly cost to 60 euro.  
    Hi Red Alert

Apologies for the delays in getting back to you. Unfortunately stand alone broadband is not available to order online but a sales agent can take your order over a call - to order this please contact sales on free phone 1800500300.

Thanks
    Al

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Great Alan, thank you!

Red Alert wrote: »
    Great Alan, thank you!
    No problem at all Red Alert

Again, apologies for the delays :)

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement