Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magazine for Sabatti Rover 600 in 223

Options
  • 13-11-2015 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Recently bought a second hand Sabatti Rover 600 in 223 and it shoots very nicely, however there is a real problem with the feed. I believe the plastic magazine is wore and it lets rounds pop out before they are far enough into chamber and the rifle jams.

To try and solve this I am looking to get a new magazine but Sabatti have very little support for their rifles anywhere in the world. I have emailed the company directly with no luck, I have also looked around online and found little on the matter

Does anyone know of a of a shop that supports Sabatti products?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Does the feed issue happen when you cycle the bolt fast or just when the bolt is cycled slowly?

I ask because i've seen the exact same thing happen when lads try to load a round fairly slowly. By slowly i'm talking about 2-3 second cycle. Fast would be under a second.

Now you don't need to ram the bolt home and court a slamfire. There is a difference between fast and rough/hard.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RossiFan08

It happens when you cycle either at a slow or at normal pace (when I say normal pace I mean a speed that works for every other rifle I have cycled). It does cycle some of the time when you are going as face as possible however not all the time instead the round hits the flat surround the breach. I also do not like going as fast as possible as when it doesn't work the round is slammed into the flat surround the breach and damages the tip of the bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RossiFan08

Thanks for all the help. As it turns out the rifle was still under warranty (had completely forgot about it until I mentioned it to them when buying rounds) from the local RFD so brought it back into them and they had their gunsmith look at it.

From the smiths opinion he reckoned that it was not the original magazine for the rifle and as a result wasn't feeding right. The short time fix is was to heat the current magazine and press the sides together so that it holds the rounds a bit tighter and any load 3 in at a time so to not compress the spring too much.

While this "franken-zine" should work for the life time of the rifle, the RFD also ordered a new OEM magazine for the rifle but won't be in until after Christmas.

All and all a great results especially considering it was free with the warranty

Advertisement