Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

direct debit

Options
  • 13-11-2015 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I had a direct payment set up but I paid the bill 2 days early and the day the debit would usually be taken out I was charged 12.70 as an unpaid fee. I am wondering why I was charged this when the bill was already paid and will it be returned seen as the bill was paid early and not late

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

I had a direct payment set up but I paid the bill 2 days early and the day the debit would usually be taken out I was charged 12.70 as an unpaid fee. I am wondering why I was charged this when the bill was already paid and will it be returned seen as the bill was paid early and not late
    Hi the galway secret, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

If this was a payment to your BOI Credit card, please note that in order for the manual payment to be processed in time, we need to receive the payment at least four working days in advance of your direct debit. 
    Please send your query on 365 Online by choosing the Online Service Desk and the Ask a Question option and a representative with account access will be happy to look into this for you. Alternatively you can call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365365 between the hours of 8am and midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement