Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Christmas whisk[e]ys

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

longshanks wrote: »
    ^^ Bulletproof to alcohol...
    I like that. Sipping away on Jameson black barrel here, the Christmas tree lights are on, watching a few movies
    And for some reason bulletproof to alcohol, and sleep. Tis lovely

Nice drop!

Not sure why my tolerance is what it is but at this stage the toilet duck is looking interesting :D

Im currently watching live Pavarotti tracks! One more short lad and im done. **** to do tomorrow! Oiche mhaith!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

I generally dont like to add anything to my whiskey, even a drop of water, unless its cask strength.

My fav dram, Aran 14 which is 46% sherry monster is perfect as is, in a nice round glass, warmed in the hand.

This christmas i toned back on the spending a bit and drank predominately Black Bush which is an outstanding whiskey, particularly as its now 25 quid in O'Briens.
    Lots of sherry, lots of malt, almost no grain taste and smooth as warm melted caramel.

Also tried conemarea peated malt and have to say i prefer Lagavulin or Ardbeg.
    Got a bottle of Jonnie Walker Black label which supprised me a lot. Very nice, and a very subtle smoke. i didnt think smoke could be subtle but its just right. 35 quid right now in O'Briens so worth a go for anyone who hasnt tried it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

I was treated to a RedBreast 21 :eek:

Counting the minutes to a civil hour for a dram

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

After a family tragedy (of my main drinking buddy, not me), tonight was the first proper consumption night. Bush 16 and Talisker so far with Laphroaig QA and Green Spot queued up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    I generally dont like to add anything to my whiskey, even a drop of water, unless its cask strength.

My fav dram, Aran 14 which is 46% sherry monster is perfect as is, in a nice round glass, warmed in the hand.

This christmas i toned back on the spending a bit and drank predominately Black Bush which is an outstanding whiskey, particularly as its now 25 quid in O'Briens.
    Lots of sherry, lots of malt, almost no grain taste and smooth as warm melted caramel.

Also tried conemarea peated malt and have to say i prefer Lagavulin or Ardbeg.
    Got a bottle of Jonnie Walker Black label which supprised me a lot. Very nice, and a very subtle smoke. i didnt think smoke could be subtle but its just right. 35 quid right now in O'Briens so worth a go for anyone who hasnt tried it yet.

Not as much smoke but a far better balanced whiskey than the Connemara imo. I love my smoke but there something just not right about the single malt Connemara. I'll defo try their 12 year old at some point but as you mentioned the JW Black Label for €35 is great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So how's everyone get on with their Xmas whiskey?

I got three bottles

Yellow spot
    Teeling single malt
    Powers 3 swallow still pot

All very good, tempted to pick another bottle of each up in the obriens sale if I'm honest.

I really want another bottle of the 3 swallow in particular even though I know it's the cheapest of the three it's the one I just keep coming back to when I open the cupboard.

Drinkin it right now dreading work tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

If you drank the whole bottle in 3 swallows you wouldn't be worrying about work at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

My selection
    Nikki from the barrel - christmas eve tipple, nice
    Jameson Caskmates - christmas day tipple, tasty everyday drink, nearly gone now
    Redbreast 15YO - new years tipple, lovely stuff, finished off last night (need to save up for more ......)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

So annoying, I took a picture of the bottle of Speyside I had on Stephens Day night and sent it to some friends, boasting as you would that I was drinking 50 year old Scotch, and now can't find the picture.

It was good stuff though.

Advertisement