Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVI not working.

Options
  • 13-11-2015 7:55pm

Strange one happening here.

DVI port on my desktop suddenly stopped working. I have a dual display 1 on hdmi the other on dvi, brought the desktop out of sleep mode and monitor wasn't working or detected. Rebooted and nothing, reconnected cable. Tried a different cable. Tested monitor on different video source on it's dvi port and that was fine so must be the dvi port on the card, newish (5 or 6 month old) MSI GT 720, cheap card for letting me use 2 screens it's not a gaming rig or anything. Oh I also reseated the card to be sure that wasn't an issue.

Any ideas or should I be looking at warranty on it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Which OS?

degsie wrote: »
    Which OS?

Oh sorry should have mentioned , Windows 10

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Boot another OS off a USB key, make sure it doesnt enable the display, then RMA the part back to the retailer.

ED E wrote: »
    Boot another OS off a USB key, make sure it doesnt enable the display, then RMA the part back to the retailer.

Good thinking, I'll give that a shot.

Advertisement