Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warnings and validity

Options
  • 13-11-2015 8:07pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK, I don't often complain, but is it not time to lose the orange Level 2 warning for the system that came through yesterday and is now history, and put up new posts with a level 1 warning for the rain that's due to come through tomorrow and Sunday?

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

either PM a mod, or post it in the thread, it will be changed then. no need to start another thread.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

either PM a mod, or post it in the thread, it will be changed then. no need to start another thread.

Thank you for reminding me so clearly why I wasn't visiting the weather forum as often as I used to. Back seat moderation, and snarky comments, and if you post "off topic" in a thread, that's wrong as well.

Hint taken, you won't have to worry about "another thread" any time soon, I won't bother in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Thank you for reminding me so clearly why I wasn't visiting the weather forum as often as I used to. Back seat moderation, and snarky comments, and if you post "off topic" in a thread, that's wrong as well.

Hint taken, you won't have to worry about "another thread" any time soon, I won't bother in future.

No need to take it too seriously you are always welcome with your posts, post a new thread and a mod will give it whatever warning it requires

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Irish Steve, I think you have taken me up wrong, if you want the title of a thread to be changed you can PM a mod, who inturn edit the warning because as far as I know it's only a moderator that can do it even if you started the thread if you get me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I'd honestly say he was trying to be helpful and not snarky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Did anyone else hear the theme tune to Eastenders as they were reading this?

Serious over reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

There's an Orange Weather warning in place today and tonight for rain - I tell you it has been piddling rain all day in South Sligo (my mood not helped by leaks appearing out of nowhere in my kitchen) it just is incessent - hasn't stopped for more than 10 minutes since about 1pm today.
    So it's not wild wind or thunder or snow but the Orange warning is very accurate.

(Sorry to hijack this thread but no chat related threads opened on this)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Pretzill wrote: »
    There's an Orange Weather warning in place today and tonight for rain - I tell you it has been piddling rain all day in South Sligo (my mood not helped by leaks appearing out of nowhere in my kitchen) it just is incessent - hasn't stopped for more than 10 minutes since about 1pm today.
    So it's not wild wind or thunder or snow but the Orange warning is very accurate.

(Sorry to hijack this thread but no chat related threads opened on this)

No need to apologise, the reason I posted in the first place is that here used to be the first place to check to see what was happening weather wise, and over reaction is probably something to do with this weekend is 12 months to the day on being flooded for the third time in 15 years, (€120K damage in 2002), and seeing an orange that was out of date and time expired, and nothing about the yellow (and subsequent orange) warnings for rain this weekend didn't help the already rampant paranoia about the possible risk of yet another repeat, as it's taken 12 months for the local authority to even think about what needs to be done to solve the problems, let alone DO anything useful in terms of upgrades.

It used to be the case that if ME posted a warning, it was on here within minutes, with other information in terms of local knowledge expanding the information, but clearly things have changed, and the warnings are not being posted in the same way, and yes, I may have taken "no need to start another thread" in a way that wasn't intended.

Just means that I shall have to start checking other resources to see what's going on, which is a pity, this used to be a very good resource for anything weather related.

That said, the orange warning for the winds on Thursday is STILL there, have all the mods gone on holiday perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

OK, I don't often complain, but is it not time to lose the orange Level 2 warning for the system that came through yesterday and is now history, and put up new posts with a level 1 warning for the rain that's due to come through tomorrow and Sunday?

If you think that something needs to be brought to the attention of a moderator then report a post in the thread in question or PM one of the team and we will deal with your issue/complaint. Remember, we are volunteers and we are not always online 24/7 but we do receive instant notifications of reported posts etc. and try to act on them as soon as possible

Also, if you considered that the heavy rain merited a new thread with a level one warning then just start a new thread yourself to discuss it.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement