Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365online userid?

Options
  • 13-11-2015 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

Hi

I tried to log into my 365online account, but when I put in my user id it only allows me to put in 6 digits on the form (then moves me on to put in my last 4 digits of my phone no). I was certain my user id is 8 digits? 

Is there an issue with 365online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Hi

I tried to log into my 365online account, but when I put in my user id it only allows me to put in 6 digits on the form (then moves me on to put in my last 4 digits of my phone no). I was certain my user id is 8 digits? 

6 digit user I'd for BOI , 8 digit for AIB though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Hi

6 digit user I'd for BOI , 8 digit for AIB though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Car99 wrote: »
    Hi

6 digit user I'd for BOI , 8  digit for AIB though
    Really? I always thought Id put in a 8 digit user id and the last 4 digits of my phone no., then on the next page my 6 digit password?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Hi

Really? I always thought Id put in a 8 digit user id and the last 4 digits of my phone no., then on the next page my 6 digit password?
    8 for me, then last 4 of phone no. and lastly 3 of your 6 digit password.

blade1 wrote: »
    Hi

8 for me, then last 4 of phone no. or and lastly 3 of you 6 digit password.
    Thought so, when you go on to 365online.com now, and you put in you user ID, does it only let you put in 6 digits?

• Advertisement

I just tried it and no it took the 8 digits as normal.

I just tried it and no it took the 8 digits as normal.
    Thanks, still only taking 6 digits for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Another vote for 6 digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭jonnybangbang

My bank of Ireland 365 id is six characters long.

The login only allows 6 digits so how can it possibly be more than 6? If you put in a 7th digit it automatically goes into the next box which is either last digits of registered phone number of full dob.

• Advertisement

Here's what I just found....
    If I type the first digit wrong it only accepts 6 digits.
    22A0EE38-21BA-4838-9E07-CC7CE1E7B31E_zpsfjsziuvm.png

If I type in the correct first digit it accepts the 8.
    022B6A65-4A20-495D-89AC-2E30EB57C1E7_zpsbek5qp54.png
    Are you sure your id is correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Mine was definitely 8 didgets long and now that Ive gotten a new phone (had to download the app again) its only letting me enter 6 didgets. Only noticed this change last night.

The people that are saying 6 digit,do ye mean the app?
    The op wants the full website and that uses 8 as I have shown in the second pic.

The op wants the full website and that uses 8 as I have shown in the second pic.
    On the full website my login has been 6 digits for the last 10 or more years.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Ah, I was talking about the app.. Although that was always 8 didgets, its now 6. I'll have to call BOI and check my ID.

Very strange so,mine is definitely 8 and has been with 10 years too.

Here's what I just found....
    If I type the first digit wrong it only accepts 6 digits.
    22A0EE38-21BA-4838-9E07-CC7CE1E7B31E_zpsfjsziuvm.png

If I type in the correct first digit it accepts the 8.
    022B6A65-4A20-495D-89AC-2E30EB57C1E7_zpsbek5qp54.png
    Are you sure your id is correct?
    Yes, it's working now for me. Bizarre. Thanks Blade

Mhackett102 was having the same problem as me though so it isn't just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Good morning everyone, 

Thanks for your posts here. 

Just to clarify, your User ID can be either six or eight digits long. When you log in via the app on your mobile, you will only be asked for three random digits of the ID, whereas on a browser you will be asked to enter your full User ID. 

If you need to confirm your User ID, please call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 / +3531 4044 000 and a representative will be happy to help you. Our reps are available on this number from 9am to 6pm on Saturdays and Sundays (8am to midnight Monday to Friday). 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Good morning everyone, 

Just to clarify, your User ID can be either six or eight digits long. When you log in via the app on your mobile, you will only be asked for three random digits of the ID, whereas on a browser you will be asked to enter your full User ID. 

If you need to confirm your User ID, please call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 / +3531 4044 000 and a representative will be happy to help you. Our reps are available on this number from 9am to 6pm on Saturdays and Sundays (8am to midnight Monday to Friday). 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    My ID is 8 digits, On my laptop I entered it and it only let me put 6 digits into the field for my user ID and moved my cursor on the next field (last 4 digits of my phone number). Its not the first time it happened either.

My ID is 8 digits, On my laptop I entered it and it only let me put 6 digits into the field for my user ID and moved my cursor on the next field (last 4 digits of my phone number). Its not the first time it happened either.
    When that happens check the server you are connecting to, near the bottom of the page on the left on the same line as a row of links starting with About Us there it tells you. Its a letter J and a number I just tried and connected to J2. So I wonder if that problem occurs when you connect to a specific server?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

From the JavaScript executed in that field on every key-up:

if ((source.value > 99999 && source.value < 590000)
    || (source.value > 599999 && source.value < 1000000)
    || (source.value > 58999999 && source.value < 60000000)) {
    // some other checks
    destination.focus();
    }

So valid IDs are in the ranges of:
    100000 - 589999
    600000 - 999999
    59000000 - 59999999

They've left a gap in the 6 digit IDs to ensure there's never any overlap with the 8 digit IDs, so if you have an 8 digit ID and it's tabbing to the next field, you're entering your ID incorrectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Good morning everyone, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi deadanonymau5,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you're still having difficulty logging into Banking 365 online, It would be best to contact BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 / 00353 1 4044000 while you have access to your PC and a representative will be happy to help you.

Thanks,

Sharon

maki wrote: »
    From the JavaScript executed in that field on every key-up:

if ((source.value > 99999 && source.value < 590000)
    || (source.value > 599999 && source.value < 1000000)
    || (source.value > 58999999 && source.value < 60000000)) {
    // some other checks
    destination.focus();
    }

So valid IDs are in the ranges of:
    100000 - 589999
    600000 - 999999
    59000000 - 59999999

They've left a gap in the 6 digit IDs to ensure there's never any overlap with the 8 digit IDs, so if you have an 8 digit ID and it's tabbing to the next field, you're entering your ID incorrectly.
    No, I didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good morning everyone, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi deadanonymau5,

We hope you have been able to log on, if not have you tried manually moving the cursor back to the end of the first form and typing the last two digits? Occasionally your cookies can cause this jumping to the next form, you can also try clearing your cookies to stop this happening in the future.  

Thanks, 
    Evie 

Advertisement