Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lan gaming 2016

Options
  • 13-11-2015 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi folks

We have a 1 question, who will be intrested to attend a LAN gaming (BYOC) on March 2016 in westmeath???

We have few sponsors and nice venue.
    Also accomendation and food in place.
    Games to play

cs:go
    cod

and some xbox ps4 players :)

let me know.

Im intrested to play on LAN 2016?? 7 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    71% 5 votes
    Maybe
    28% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I imagine the LoL, SC2 and HS players would be pretty upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭chrabo

we open to host more games. the only problem is servers for this games.... we currently looking to hire or buy machines as the rest of equipment we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

There used to be a LAN forum somewhere for things like Midlan etc. GUess it's gone with the forum restructure ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I imagine the LoL, SC2 and HS players would be pretty upset.

Our Dota 2 LAN back in Sept was by far the biggest this year. We had almost 200 attendees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Ah forgot about DotA. Sure you could throw WoW, SSB and a handful of other games if you wanted a list of all competitive games played in the country these days, I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

SeantheMan wrote: »
    There used to be a LAN forum somewhere for things like Midlan etc. GUess it's gone with the forum restructure ?

I thought that this was a resurrected Midlans, they were great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

There was a lan held in croke park this weekend, G-lan as part of Eirtakon. I know CS was played at it, not sure what else.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Burgo wrote: »
    There was a lan held in croke park this weekend, G-lan as part of Eirtakon. I know CS was played at it, not sure what else.
    I'd say that there was at least 50 people at it. It looked to be a decent setup, although I didn't play. There was also League of Legends which looked like a decent turn out as well.

The two games were in separate rooms.

=-=

Anyhoos, about the event;

Is it in a town, or far away from anywhere? If the former, do you have security, if the latter, do you have power generators?

Is it a two day, two and a half day event?

Will people have 24 hour access to their machines, will there be a curfew access, and is there space for sleeping bags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I'd be very interested in going if League of Legends was available.

Advertisement