Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agent experience

Options
  • 13-11-2015 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

This is my experience with <MOD SNIP >I called the agent to make an appointment. I was given 1pm to view an apartment. I told the agent my partner is working in parkwest. So I had to make sure he is ok with the time because he work 9 to 5 and it is long way from parkwest. Lunch beak is 1 hour. I told them I would get back to them tomorrow morning. The agent said it was fine.

The next morning, I called around 10am, he said the appointment was no longer available because I did not made up my mind when I was on the phone.

I made another appointment with him in the evening 5:30pm. My partner travelled all the way to town from parkwest. 5:10pm he texted me the appointment was cancelled. I called him back but he rejected the call.

Do you think this is right? Do people deserve some respect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭futonic

very annoying. I have had similar experience many times. Short notice re-arrangement of appointments or cancellation. Best you can do is avoid the bad agents as much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Talking of <MOD SNIP >, they have the most odd phone number according to a current radio advert, sounds something like 1859 ... ....

Never heard of an 1859 number before :confused:

Wonder how much it costs per minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭tomato1234

futonic wrote: »
    very annoying. I have had similar experience many times. Short notice re-arrangement of appointments or cancellation. Best you can do is avoid the bad agents as much as possible.

It is not the same. I just feel he did not respect me and my partner.

LordSutch wrote: »
    Talking of <MOD SNIP > they have the most odd phone number according to a current radio advert, sounds something like 1859 ... ...

Do you think people deserve some respect? I know it is seller's market. Still you have to show some respect to people.

Always respect people and put yourself in other people's shoes. Today we are once again living in seller's market. It doesn't matter. You still need to respect people. It is the basic manner.

RESPECT, PEACEFUL AND BE HAPPY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

LordSutch wrote: »
    Talking of <MOD SNIP >, they have the most odd phone number according to a current radio advert, sounds something like 1859 ... ....

There are no 1859 numbers, its 1850-911091 as far as I can tell. If said too fast it could sound like 1859.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note Please do not identify companies by name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

I was dealing with an estate agent some time ago. Was an absolute moron of the highest order and was messing me about on the sale of a house. Never replied to my email, texts, calls etc.

So I knocked into the house one evening, introduced myself to the seller and explained I wanted to buy , we came up with an agreement to sell it to me without the estate agent involved, thus removing them and the commission he had to pay them for the sale....

Well the estate agent called me every hour for about a week after the seller told them he was removing from their listings.
    I did what they do, refused the call and ignored his emails...

I'm now happy in the house that I bought directly from the seller. Up yours estate agent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

I was dealing with an estate agent some time ago. Was an absolute moron of the highest order and was messing me about on the sale of a house. Never replied to my email, texts, calls etc.

So I knocked into the house one evening, introduced myself to the seller and explained I wanted to buy , we came up with an agreement to sell it to me without the estate agent involved, thus removing them and the commission he had to pay them for the sale....

Well the estate agent called me every hour for about a week after the seller told them he was removing from their listings.
    I did what they do, refused the call and ignored his emails...

I'm now happy in the house that I bought directly from the seller. Up yours estate agent.

I doubt if this is true. Most owners are wary of people who knock on the door. The estate agent is entitled to the commission in any event because he introduced the buyer to the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭twogunkid

Rights of consumer/customer are detailed here

http://www.sherryfitz.ie/media/Code_of_Practice1.pdf

tomato1234 wrote: »
    This is my experience with <MOD SNIP >I called the agent to make an appointment. I was given 1pm to view an apartment. I told the agent my partner is working in parkwest. So I had to make sure he is ok with the time because he work 9 to 5 and it is long way from parkwest. Lunch beak is 1 hour. I told them I would get back to them tomorrow morning. The agent said it was fine.

The next morning, I called around 10am, he said the appointment was no longer available because I did not made up my mind when I was on the phone.

I made another appointment with him in the evening 5:30pm. My partner travelled all the way to town from parkwest. 5:10pm he texted me the appointment was cancelled. I called him back but he rejected the call.

Do you think this is right? Do people deserve some respect?

• Advertisement
Advertisement