Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday afternoon; Bite to eat??

• 13-11-2015 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

I've an hour to spare between trains on Sunday afternoon; anyone have any recommendations on where to eat Sunday between 3 & 4PM fairly local to the station???

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

There's a restaurant thread above have a look there.

Depending on your tastes but if you like Asian/Thai/Japanese I'd recommend Aroi, Kaya or Taikichi all on O'Connell St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Problem here is one hour doesn't leave room to go into town for a sit down meal and back to the train station when the timetable is so tight (assume you aren't the driver of the train:P)
    I'll be lambasted for mentioning this but you'll get a carvery lunch in the Railway Hotel if that's your thing, I assume its fine as pretty much every carvery I've ever been to has been much the same.
    There's a nice chipper directly across the road called Luigi's, they have a sit down area.
    There's some sort of restaurant next door to the chipper in a modern looking building, maybe somebody else can say if it's any good.
    Sorry mate, you're in the wrong part of town to grab a quick and decent bit of grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭LMK

There is a Zest Cafe in the Limerick City Gallery located very close to the Train station 2-3 minutes away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Zest would get my vote too! They do great salads, sandwiches, wraps and that kind of thing! Definetly streets ahead of anything else in the area I reckon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya you have zest at the park or the Plaza across the road from the station. I've only had breakfast in there but it was very decent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

If you do fancy chips etc, then Luigi's IS a tasty chipper. Lovely onion rings, gorgeous garlic sauce. Getting hungry now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

zest - no competition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Well, I wonder where the OP is currently enjoying his Sunday lunch?
    I hadn't thought about Zest, that's probably a good shout, although it may not be to everyone's taste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Well folks.... didn't get to sample any grub in limerick as the time between trains dropped to less than 25min due to late running on the lines...

Oh well.... there will be another time I hope!!!!!

Thanks to all who replied

Advertisement