Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shootings in Paris - MOD NOTE UPDATED - READ OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Stadium sealed off according to france 24, crowd unaware of anything going on match still going , france scored.

Hostages at the Batacan according to france 24, eagles of death metal playing there over 100 shots fired.

The match is well over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fair amount of bollocks being spouted on this thread.

To all those lashing out at an entire mass of people based upon the actions of a few, you are exhibiting exactly the kind of response the culprits want you to show. Well done.

It's all the more pitiful when one considers this is exactly the kind of crap Irish people had to contend with in the 70s when they were subjected to hostility in England based upon the actions of the Provos.

Get real. And to those who want to see action, send in the troops etc,. it's very easy to be an armchair general when you come from a neutral country, isn't it? Am I to take it many of the hawks on here will be flying over to Turkey and heading into Syria in order to personally take up this cause they are so passionate about? Nah, didn't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭lazza14

Watching on Sky News and they haven´t mentioned Islamic extremism ... pathetic cowards...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

evosteo wrote: »
    be about 60-80k people leaving the stadium around now too

Stadium is closed off, so nobody is leaving. The police force would just be slightly inept if they didn't do that right away..

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

And yet we take in people from these parts of the world without so much as a background check.

Dick look at the big picture. Why are america in the middle east? Think about it for at least one hour before replying.

To liberate?
    To help the zionists?

Clue: my first option has a hint of sarcasim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Do Irish football supporters really want to be heading to France this summer?

Surprised a place like Disney hasnt been hit yet ... mass terror if a place like that gets attacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Absolute scum of the earth these people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Vive la France!

Vive la Europe!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The deputy Mayor of Paris says on CNN it looks like it will be the worst terrorist attack ever in Paris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

26 dead now they reckon. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

can we blame the religion of peace yet?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The deputy mayor of Paris says shooting is still going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

15 already dead at the Eagles Of Death Metal concert according to Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Fcuking scumbags.
    RIP to those poor people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Policing nightmare with this crap going on.

if their smart they will keep everyone in the stadium till they get control of the situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

30 murdered according to reports. Keeps rising .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

lazza14 wrote: »
    Watching on Sky News and they haven´t mentioned Islamic extremism ... pathetic cowards...

They can't. The PC crowd would be up in arms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Custardpi wrote: »
    100% caused? No role for a violently hateful ideology? I have no doubt that social factors can be a contributory factor in people going off the rails but to absolve (as you appear to do here) jihadist ideology (which has had plenty of privileged, wealthy supporters) of blame is to engage in self delusion.

I didn't defend jihadism but you cannot blame a whole religioun for the acts of a minority

Is Muhammad Ali a terrorist????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

leavingirl wrote: »
    Dick look at the big picture. Why are america in the middle east? Think about it for at least one hour before replying.

To liberate?
    To help the zionists?

Oh i agree the US and the UK should never have gone into Iraq and it's there stupidity that has made this situation worse, my own opinion is that the West should leave those countries alone don't invade them or take them into our countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

It doesn't make sense that they set the bombs to go off outside the stadium while everyone was inside and not waiting another hour when they'd all be coming out?

At least 30 people dead now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

if their smart they will keep everyone in the stadium till they get control of the situation

Apparently fights are breaking out, people panicking trying to get out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Real grim hearing the explosion from that vine from the French game.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

lazza14 wrote: »

You are very worldly watching sky news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

France 24 reporting 30 dead. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Explosion at Stade de France bar. 5-6 ongoing attacks. Horrific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Islamic extremists do not represent the "Muslim world", whatever that is. These people are enemies of the civilisation we all enjoy. Pacifism is not the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Vive la France!

Vive la Europe!

Vive le genre humain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

efb wrote: »
    I didn't defend jihadism but you cannot blame a whole religioun for the acts of a minority

Is Muhammad Ali a terrorist????

Sure you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

UK are right to keep those people at channel tunnel and still in France. France are stupid to allow them to be there, no one knows who is in that mix of people.

These people????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

be about 60-80k people leaving the stadium around now too

They are holding them in the stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

People on the pitch at Stade de France https://twitter.com/GFN_France/status/665289340126404608

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭lazza14

Fair amount of bollocks being spouted on this thread.

To all those lashing out at an entire mass of people based upon the actions of a few, you are exhibiting exactly the kind of response the culprits want you to show. Well done.

It's all the more pitiful when one considers this is exactly the kind of crap Irish people had to contend with in the 70s when they were subjected to hostility in England based upon the actions of the Provos.

Get real. And to those who want to see action, send in the troops etc,. it's very easy to be an armchair general when you come from a neutral country, isn't it? Am I to take it many of the hawks on here will be flying over to Turkey and heading into Syria in order to personally take up this cause they are so passionate about? Nah, didn't think so.

Bollox mate !!!

BOLLOX!!!

comparing this to Irish people in the 70s is ridiculous !! - a tiny tiny percentage of Irish were sympathetic to the IRA and the bombing campaign in the north, a huge amount of muslims are sympathetic to ISIS .

The west doesn't do enough to integrate these people - they are afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I think we will get another war soon unless we do something about ISIS as there getting worse and worse. They killed one of there leaders today and this is payback.

Every time we do something to stop them they kill loads of people they have shot down a plane after Russia bombed them. Now we kill one of there leaders they kill more of us.

This needs to stop !!!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

We are at war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Pictures on twitter of multiple dead bodies at the restaurant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

leavingirl wrote: »

To liberate?
    To help the zionists?

Money, natural resources, positioning themselves in a globally crucial area due to said natural resources, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Orangebrigade

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    This wasn't carried out by any religion, this is a terrorist act.

Any Muslim I have ever met have been kind and caring and I can guarantee you that they are disgusted by these scumbags carrying out terrorist acts in the name of their religion.
    Funny then these actions are mainly only carried out by followers of Islam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://instagram.com/p/-CeLtJqLS2/

Concert picture. Looks a confined area .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Do Irish football supporters really want to be heading to France this summer?

Surprised a place like Disney hasnt been hit yet ... mass terror if a place like that gets attacked

Not saying it is beyond this kind of scum to do something like that but that would have a lots of kids involved.
    Probably the only way to make even the most delusional defenders of this lot say: enough is enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

efb wrote: »
    Political Correctness and integration didn't cause this. Extremism is caused by isolation and ghettoisation.

extremism is caused by religion,being fed and believing bullsheet all your life is the problem.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MOD

Lads, this is a serious incident. A bit of cop on is needed in what you are posting.
    As KERSPLAT! has already said, calm down on the blaming and finger pointing, it's all speculation at the moment.

There have already been a few bans handed out on the thread since the last warning.
    Do not try to debate or discuss this one.
    Discuss what is happening and what we know. Again, no speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

It's some world we live in. We all know what's going on and who is responsible but we're too afraid to say it in case we offend the people who are doing the killing. Time to grow some balls before we allow these people to profit from our politically correct cowardice.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Samaris wrote: »
    How you can "await with glee" any pathetic talking point you want to prove while this is going on, I can only imagine with disgust.

Don't take it too literally. I ain't getting any enjoyment out of this. Bad taste I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Any claims of responsibility yet? Just heard on the radio there's at least 1 gunman on the run. Alot of people are saying isis but aqap- al qaeda in yemen seem to be bigger in France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    This wasn't carried out by any religion, this is a terrorist act.

Any Muslim I have ever met have been kind and caring and I can guarantee you that they are disgusted by these scumbags carrying out terrorist acts in the name of their religion.

There is no such thing as terrorism qua terrorism. It is always inspired by an ideology of some sort. Whether the acts tonight are inspired by a version of Islam, white supremacism, animal rights or whatever it will be the followers of that set of ideas who will have to confront the challenges to their conscience that being part of the same tent (however large that tent may be) as the murderers poses. The no true muslim/Republican/anti-abortion activist/whatever line does not excuse them from that process, however decent people may be as individuals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

We are at war.

No its just a couple of terrorists on a killing spree

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

I was there a few months ago, all bags searched, lots of police and security around. Nightmares queues

• Advertisement
Advertisement