Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shootings in Paris - MOD NOTE UPDATED - READ OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Sever Tomorrow

efb wrote: »
    Political Correctness and integration didn't cause this. Extremism is caused by isolation and ghettoisation.

Can you elaborate on this? You believe they drive people to suicide bombings, shooting and hostage taking?

Your choice of terms there have me in disagreement already but I'm curious so I'll let you explain further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Jusdging by recent trends its usually a radicalised national. God knows there are enough oppressed minorities living in Paris.

GTFO:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

100 plus hostages at the concert. Jesus that's not going to end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

As robertkk said really looks like mumbai attack tactics with scattered bombing, random shooting into crowded venues and tgen hostage taking.

I hope not but the mumbai fidayeen left few hostages alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

35 dead at EODM according to French police. Hate to say it but I fear we may have lost a musical genius in Josh Homme this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Blaming and finger pointing?? We know well who was responsible for this.

We all know, it's a foregone conclusion

Why can't we say it? If it was any other race there would be no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

40 dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

40 dead now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

A lot of childish comments here regarding a very serious incident taking place. Many folk dead already and the worry of those 60 or more hostages. Some folk here are just thick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'm not an overly emotional person but this has really got to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

silverharp wrote: »
    can we blame the religion of peace yet?

That's a whooping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,460 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

40 now !
    ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The line is going to be crossed tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I know this is horrible, but there is something about a live news event which has uncertainty that activates some part of one's brain that makes watching the news very addictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Gatling wrote: »
    No its just a couple of terrorists on a killing spree

That is modern warfare. Asymmetrical.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Opressed?

Do me a favour. There is no-one "opressed" in Western Europe. What there are are people who wish to live outside of Western norms, well do you know what? Fúck them. Integrate, or go elsewhere where your ideas are welcome tbh, but don't try to impose medieval, religious nonsense on the rest of us, then get all uppity when normal people don't want to live like that.

Just like how the Irish integrated in Munich etc during the 80's German consturction boom speaking German?!. Like the Irish enclaves in North London and areas of other British cities. Opression and discrimination in England yes and for 100's of years. As native Engish speakers and christian beliefs we moved beyond enclaves for work and 'integrated' but not in social terms. Like there is integration in Northern Ireland! You are are offering the very point of view that puts communities off integration with the like it of lump it attitude. To integrate the natives need to be willing to allow it without generalised xenophobia!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

Oh i agree the US and the UK should never have gone into Iraq and it's there stupidity that has made this situation worse, my own opinion is that the West should leave those countries alone don't invade them or take them into our countries.

I agree too. Tony blair and george bush should be tried in The Hague for war crimes.

America has invaded Syria. Thats why yiu have all the refugees.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Duzzer

Interment without trial for all suspected Islamists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Reports stating that the shooters were all "non-masked". That suggests they have absolutely no thought of escape & expect to fight to the death. This is going to be a rough one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

nullzero wrote: »
    It's some world we live in. We all know what's going on and who is responsible but we're too afraid to say it in case we offend the people who are doing the killing. Time to grow some balls before we allow these people to profit from of politically correct cowardice.

Absolutely spot on. Political correctness gone mad. It doesn't take a genius to figure out who and what is likely responsible (yet again).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

A shoot out currently underway at the concert hall where 6-8 hostage takers are hiding inside with more on the roof.

Six to eight hostage takers at the concert venue, more on the roof where they is a shootout with police.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Can you elaborate on this? You believe they drive people to suicide bombings, shooting and hostage taking?

Your choice of terms there have me in disagreement already but I'm curious so I'll let you explain further.

I'll let him answer obviously but Paris is especially incendiary and always has. Walking to the Stade De France is an eye opener. San Denis. It's basically a shanty town either side of big barriers for the entire run to the stadium.

La Haine was made in 1998 (i think). French immigrants in Paris have always been ripe for evil extremism due to their social and economic isolation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Footage from Stade De France now on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

P_1 wrote: »
    35 dead at EODM according to French police. Hate to say it but I fear we may have lost a musical genius in Josh Homme this evening

They have the band hostage??

Six to eight hostage takers at the concert venue, more on the roof where they is a shootout with police.

Footage from inside Stade De France now on TV, people milling about.

°°°°°

Duzzer wrote: »

That got us here in the first place.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Yeah that's proven to be a successful policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

with Gerry Adams leading the line....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭chipsdave

Aine Ni Chonaill predicted this 15 years ago , yet She was brought on The Late Late Show and branded a Racist By Byrne and The Trendy set ( self perceived)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

https://www.reddit.com/live/vwwmdb26t78v

This has live updates from journalists and people in the city or in France, much faster than mainstream media.

Supposedly 60 dead now, some people in Bataclan at the concern have gotten out but are describing others dead or wounded...

Insane :(

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Death toll climbing fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Think this guy is in the concert hall updating as to what happened/is going on.

https://twitter.com/cormacflynn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,460 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Just like how the Irish integrated in Munich etc during the 80's German consturction boom speaking German?!. Like the Irish enclaves in North London and areas of other British cities. Opression and discrimination in England yes and for 100's of years. As native Engish speakers and christian beliefs we moved beyond enclaves for work and 'integrated' but not in social terms. Like there is integration in Northern Ireland! You are are offering the very point of view that puts communities off integration with the like it of lump it attitude. To integrate the natives need to be willing to allow it without generalised xenophobia!

Are you saying the catholic populations in Northern Ireland were xenophobic and that's the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Could we be witnessing the end of Schengen tonight? When this incident eventually ends I don't think Merkel or Hollande will be able to convince anyone of their actions to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Isaiah

Meglamonia wrote: »

I agree
    How many people have to die before we drop this veil of PC pussy footing around and start actually dealing with the root issue?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Nothing to do with race. The amount of melanin or whatever in one's skin does not inspire one to commit mass murder. Adherence to an uncompromisingly backward & violent ideology does however.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭130Kph

Just getting a comment in before the thread is locked - as it will be.

These murderers are war criminal scum - murdering innocents, just like 9/11.

Dregs of society, war criminal scum- as we well know from our own dregs of society scum.

°°°°°

road_high wrote: »
    Absolutely spot on. Political correctness gone mad. It doesn't take a genius to figure out who and what is likely responsible (yet again).

Usually right wing morons use the phrase "political correctness gone mad", but over the last few years it really has gone mad. If you call extremists crazy you're told to check your privilege.

Glazers Out!

Allāhu Akbar yelled the gunmen at the Eagles of Death Metal concert according to eye-witnesses on French media

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Until Saudi Arabia and Qatar are wiped from the map then this madness will never end. RIP those who lost their lives.

An incredible amount of planning went into this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

chipsdave wrote: »
    Aine Ni Chonaill predicted this 15 years ago , yet She was brought on The Late Late Show and branded a Racist By Byrne and The Trendy set ( self perceived)

Joe Duffy was one of the main cheer leaders when Irish Muslims where heading over to fight Jihad 3 years ago. How's that looking now Joe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Very sad incident. Hopefully its the wakeup call that will get Europe to act. RIP to all those dead, may their families get justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Can't believe they let all these migrants in the first place Europe will be a war zone in a few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

No we don't. The "race" you're alluding to isn't one big group of like-minded people. It could be ISIS, Al-Qaeda, some local mob independent of both, or some other faction we haven't heard of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Calling extremism crazy is one thing- blaming a whole race or religion is not right on any level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The French Revolution sought to promote fraternity and liberty...freedom from oppression from man or god.

The struggle continues.

Vive le France.

• Advertisement
Advertisement