Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shootings in Paris - MOD NOTE UPDATED - READ OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

More and more this is resembling the Mumbai attacks which went on for three days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

efb wrote: »
    Calling extremism crazy is one thing- blaming a whole race or religion is not right on any level

Well it's continuously Muslims doing these attacks so I have no problem blaming it, it's poison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Can't believe they let all these migrants in the first place Europe will be a war zone in a few years

Yes because we are all the same homogenous grouping since time began...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

And we're getting 5000 unknown quantities soon. Sure Joe Duffy and Michael D are happy to see them so they should be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    Could we be witnessing the end of Schengen tonight? When this incident eventually ends I don't think Merkel or Hollande will be able to convince anyone of their actions to date.

Merkel has blood on her hands tonight. ISIS did warn her and she didn't listen. "Come all" she said and they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

DrumSteve wrote: »
    No one knows who did what
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Calling extremism crazy is one thing- blaming a whole race or religion is not right on any level

Religion is not confined to race, and extremism is not indicative of all members of a religion, but I'm sure we can all read between the lines.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

That_Guy wrote: »
    Think this guy is in the concert hall updating as to what happened/is going on.

https://twitter.com/cormacflynn

I'm pretty sure that's my ex's brother! Jesus Christ, I hope he's okay.

EDIT: It definitely is.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Well it's continuously Muslims doing these attacks so I have no problem blaming it, it's poison

What you are saying is far more poisonous imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Isaiah

I think we will get another war soon unless we do something about ISIS as there getting worse and worse. They killed one of there leaders today and this is payback.

Every time we do something to stop them they kill loads of people they have shot down a plane after Russia bombed them. Now we kill one of there leaders they kill more of us.

This needs to stop !!!.

Isis is just one of the many terrorist groups that all have a common thread running through them. But I am not allowed to post it here. We all know what belief system is to blame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The problem with news like this is that people are so bloody quick to point the finger and look for "who dunnit". That's not just this thread. That's social media/news outlets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Awful, truly awful. I feel so angry and powerless right now. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Religion is just any ideology. If the ideology is evil then it can blamed. Races and religions are apples and oranges. One is a set of people, the other is a set of ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Orangebrigade

An incredible amount of planning went into this..
    Probably not.

Would not surprise me if the idiots decided to pick up weapons and do it right after Jihadi John was killed.

I am amazed this hasn't happened in the UK and ROI yet. It is a matter of time with the soft approach to the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Police are storming Bataclan now it seems.

Hope they get all the surviving hostages out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

RIP to those who passed away tonight. Horrible thing to happen.

A little respect would be a great thing.

Lack of respect for humanity is what enables these attackers to do what they do. It's not anyone else's fault.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

P_1 wrote: »
    35 dead at EODM according to French police. Hate to say it but I fear we may have lost a musical genius in Josh Homme this evening

Not that it's much consolation, but Josh Homme usually doesn't tour with EODM so I doubt he's there tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

The problem with news like this is that people are so bloody quick to point the finger and look for "who dunnit". That's not just this thread. That's social media/news outlets.

Isn't it obvious who done it though. We all know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

I think we all know who done it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Getting really sick of these scumbags. Good lads taking easy pickings youse ****ing clowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I'v said it for years sadly it won't be long before something like this happens in our country, These problems will never be solved until we stop being so afraid to openly speak about the issue, Islam is in conflict with Western values.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/live/vwwmdb26t78v
    This has live updates from journalists and people in the city or in France, much faster than mainstream media.
    :(

Newsnow is perhaps one of the best news aggregation sites for breaking stories:

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/World+News/Europe/Western/France?search=Paris

35 killed and 60+ (circa) hostages in some reports, the DailyMail is linking this directly to J'John.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Reports of shooting at the Place de la Republique (all unconfirmed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Hope that the reported shoot out with police force at the bataclan will cause there to be a lower deadtole amongst the hostage .... ie better bullets flying outside than in a crowd of a few 100 people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

What are the chances these people were known to the French authorities? Highly likely imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

P_1 wrote: »
    35 dead at EODM according to French police. Hate to say it but I fear we may have lost a musical genius in Josh Homme this evening

I don't think that Josh was playing with them tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

France and Russia bombed ISIS. I would say there's a connection

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We should call out Saudi Arabia and Qatar who are responsible for most of the spread of radical Islam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Look one thing i think is nuts we make one of our religion all the time but say one thing about there they kill us thats just nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Superhorse wrote: »
    Oh my fcuking god. Savages utter savages, Time to get the gloves off with these fcuking head hacking savages.
    Superhorse wrote: »
    Violence of any sort disgusts me but outright assault like that offends me.

You've changed your tune. Garda hitting a troublemaker with a stick is a terrible atrocity, but at the same time its "gloves off" with "these fcuking head hacking savages".

When the lads you send out on your fantasy revenge mission against some ill defined targets return, will you be comfortable with ignoring any wrong doing that might have occurred? Will you be troubled that they might have used a baton against someone in less than perfect circumstances? I don't think you will find many volunteers to represent you tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

If police are storming the theatre already, that can't be good

Police have stormed the concert hostage situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Political Correctness and integration didn't cause this. Extremism is caused by isolation and ghettoisation.

Extremism is caused by absolutist religion. Christianity used to be worse.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭opinionated3

leavingirl wrote:
    America has invaded Syria. Thats why yiu have all the refugees.

Erm.....no they haven't. ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

What you are saying is far more poisonous imo

every one of your posts reads as a defence for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

ISIS celebrating on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

People talk about Sky News being PC. Our own news broadcasters can be just as bad when it comes to naming the Religious background of these terrorists

Political Correctness and integration didn't cause this. Extremism is caused by isolation and ghettoisation.

They ghettoize themselves. Their idiology is incompatible with western values. They want our money, standard of living and conveniences, but hate us and would stab us in the back if the local leader told them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Police have gone in. I'd say they've learnt nicey nicey didn't work last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Just read on the Telegraph that a gunman shouted "Allah Akbar" before opening fire.

• Advertisement

An incredible amount of planning went into this..
    It's amazing that European states collect everyone's internet history, phone records and the rest yet a dozen people were able to plan a series of attacks, source explosives and automatic weapons and carry it out without any flags being raised.

Horrible stuff really.

Someone currently livestreaming from there.

That's the theatre where hostages are currently being kept.

every one of your posts reads as a defence for this.

To you it probably would

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Padster90s wrote: »
    Police have gone in. I'd say they've learnt nicey nicey didn't work last time.

To be fair, last time this happened in France police weren't really nice about it either, remember the storming of the supermarket ?

They don't mess about.

Sand wrote: »
    You've changed your tune. Garda hitting a troublemaker with a stick is a terrible atrocity, but at the same time its "gloves off" with "these fcuking head hacking savages".

When the lads you send out on your fantasy revenge mission against some ill defined targets return, will you be comfortable with ignoring any wrong doing that might have occurred? Will you be troubled that they might have used a baton against someone in less than perfect circumstances? I don't think you will find many volunteers to represent you tbh.

The fact you would even compare the two is enough for me to determine the level of intelligence you have.

Just read on the Telegraph that a gunman shouted "Allah Akbar" before opening fire.

Suprise suprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Of course people want to fcuking know who done it.

The PC tiptoeing around these scumbags has to end. Putin gets vilified from Europe's elite, I bet he's sitting at home tonight with a big smug face on him. And who can blame him.

Wake up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Doesn't mean a thing, anyone could shout that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Spoke to a friend who lives in Paris there..reportedly there was at least 1 suicide bombing involved a radio station there have reported. Nothing confirmed yet though. Awful stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

I'v said it for years sadly it won't be long before something like this happens in our country, These problems will never be solved until we stop being so afraid to openly speak about the issue, Islam is in conflict with Western values.

Especially when one of them announces his distaste for pumping diesel into US warplanes in Shannon.

Advertisement