Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Fox Zero

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Have to wonder what retailers will be doing the Steelbook version as its a must buy for me, i'm too big a fan of the series to let that pass me

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Wait wait, for those of us who already pre ordered it, do we automatically get upgraded to the first print edition?

Wait wait, for those of us who already pre ordered it, do we automatically get upgraded to the first print edition?

No, definite no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The First Print Edition...

(Starfox Guard's case just contains a download code, no physical disc)

star-fox-zero-first-print-edition-810x400.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dammit, bought and paid for from Gamecollection and now it'll be the bog standard edition: (

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is that first print up for order anywhere yet? And ha ha, screw you Cidey.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »

:eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

OwaynOTT wrote: »

I can't ****ing wait for this game. The ND looked amazing.

Looked more like Starfox 64 which is great.

Hopefully motion control and cockpit view are an option as apposed to forced.

Oh and also really hope off screen play is an option.

And I want a first print soooo bad!!!!

• Advertisement

Is there going to be an Arwing Amiibo then?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I can't ****ing wait for this game. The ND looked amazing.

Looked more like Starfox 64 which is great.

Hopefully motion control and cockpit view are an option as apposed to forced.

Oh and also really hope off screen play is an option.

And I want a first print soooo bad!!!!

Apparently you can turn it off in certain aspects but not completely as some levels will require it.

I Messaged The Game Collection regarding if they were going to stock the First Print version of SFZ and this was their reply:

"Hi EJ22, I'll check with our buying team but it will probably take a couple of weeks until details/pricing is available to us."

EDIT: I hope this First Print edition doesn't end up being a nintendo uk store exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 29,017 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Corholio wrote: »
    The First Print Edition...

(Starfox Guard's case just contains a download code, no physical disc)

star-fox-zero-first-print-edition-810x400.jpg

You sure? I thought when they showed the first print edition, the open steelbook have 2 disc holders. Unless they're just standard. Does Xenoblade Chronicles have one or 2 in its?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Corholio wrote: »
    Apparently you can turn it off in certain aspects but not completely as some levels will require it.

Star Fox Guard being a download code within a box is a bit like...
    An-empty-box-of-chocolate-008.jpg

It doesn't make the double disc slot in the steelbook exactly purposeful.

It doesn't look very interesting either, a Miyamoto experiment shoehorned into the Star Fox universe. It's stingy to not print a disc.

The main game is looking a lot better thankfully. I hope its issues were fully ironed out.

When I heard that Guards was shipping with Starfox Zero I thought, hooray! How do I change my order!
    Now it's just a very expensive envelope for a download code I have wonder why bother?
    Especially if this pack winds up being more expensive.
    Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better after locking myself in with a deal with TheGameCollection, a good deal nevertheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I've seen a few of the separate videos but not the full Direct - Is there any indication if Project Guard will only be availble in this bundle or will it be a separate eShop title in due course?

And why did Star Fox not get an awesome dance like Yo Kai Watch?

I wonder if Star Fox Guard is finished yet. I'd say this is the last thing that was worked on. They could be developing, fine tuning and polishing it right up until release date. Putting it on disc wouldn't have allowed them to do so without a day 1 patch or delay. I think this game is already on a tight schedule, would explain the rumour delays and why the steelbook has 2 disc slots but only 1 game. Last minute decision.

....possibly the last minute decision that was due to be taken today? The twitter guy was right!
    Dan dan daaaaaan!

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    ....possibly the last minute decision that was due to be taken today? The twitter guy was right!
    Dan dan daaaaaan!

Yep. The decision was due Friday, it's Saturday in Japan now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,017 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've seen a few of the separate videos but not the full Direct - Is there any indication if Project Guard will only be availble in this bundle or will it be a separate eShop title in due course?

And why did Star Fox not get an awesome dance like Yo Kai Watch?

Yeah project guard will be a eshop title

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/03/03/nintendo-tried-to-produce-a-transforming-arwing-amiibo.aspx

So looks like they were working on an arwing amiibo after all but couldn't get it the way they wanted for various reasons. Also nice to see a ton of stuff isn't going to be locked behind amiibos for those that are concerned about that sort of thing. In a way, i'm kinda disappointed we won't be getting an arwing amiibo as I'd buy that instantly

They'll be released separately on the eShop but they'll be the same price combined as buying it physically.

sligeach wrote: »
    Yep. The decision was due Friday, it's Saturday in Japan now.

The final game was screened to journalists a few weeks ago, including discussion of Guard. And not a chance content for a Direct is only finalised the morning of. Not to mention the Direct aired before the start of business in Japan on Friday. They hardly made that call before 7am. The delay rumour was wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What's the story with this first print edition, will it be advertised as such?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

How did they advertise that first run of Bayonetta 2, the one that came with the first game?

Ad...ver...tise. What's that?

sligeach wrote: »
    Ad...ver...tise. What's that?

I don't think Nintendo know....
    Maybe someone could tell them ahead of the NX release?

• Advertisement

How did they advertise that first run of Bayonetta 2, the one that came with the first game?

Well... the Limited edition with the replica books was the "First Print Edition". Then the version that came with Bayonetta 1 bundled, if you ordered from Amazon, was originally listed as Bayonetta 2 at the Bayonetta 2-solo price, but with a description that suggested that you'd get Bayonetta 1 until the Direct that cleared things up and then they changed the listing... but if you fought your corner you got the limited edition for the original price.... Good times...

Advertisement