Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Fox Zero

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Star Fox Zero: First Print Edition is available for pre order at GAME for £50 plus £3 postage. That's nearly €68 when converted. Not sure why I'm acknowledging them seeing as I despise them. And I ordered Devil's Third from them almost 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. Last game I ordered from them a couple of years ago didn't turn up either and I swore I'd never deal with them again. Anyway.......

http://www.game.co.uk/en/star-fox-zero-first-print-edition-only-at-game-1122943

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

That has Platinum Games written all over it! Can't wait.

Star Fox Zero - Let's back up the squadron (Wii U)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A04ZN4qA740

Still waiting on a good deal for the First Print Edition and there's less than 3 weeks til release.

• Advertisement

We Played a TON of Star Fox Zero - IN-DEPTH Hands-On Preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2K0xWVWOXA

Seems mostly positive but the controls are still an issue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I can't wait now, about 2 weeks out isn't it?
    Fingers crossed Game Collection won't take too long shipping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I can't wait now, about 2 weeks out isn't it?
    Fingers crossed Game Collection won't take too long shipping it.

Just to give you an idea on how their shipping is as I ordered Twilight Princess HD amiibo bundle from them, it was shipped on the Wednesday where as release was on the Friday, I received it via An Post on the Monday however, I know of one other user who ordered the same bundle via TGC but got it sent to parcel motel instead and he got it late friday afternoon instead.

I'm looking forward to this game and seeing as amazon.co.uk never seemed to get the first print edition in stock, I'm glad I bit the bullet and ordered it from Amazon.fr when it went up there. 67 quid for it delivered is grand, despite definitely not getting it on release date.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A couple of days after release is fine, it's not like I haven't got a multitude of games baying for attention from the pile as it stands!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

sligeach wrote: »
    Star Fox Zero: First Print Edition is available for pre order at GAME for £50 plus £3 postage. That's nearly €68 when converted. Not sure why I'm acknowledging them seeing as I despise them. And I ordered Devil's Third from them almost 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. Last game I ordered from them a couple of years ago didn't turn up either and I swore I'd never deal with them again. Anyway.......

http://www.game.co.uk/en/star-fox-zero-first-print-edition-only-at-game-1122943

According to that the First Print Edition is exclusive to themselves and nintendo.co.uk in the UK... Hence it never showing up on amazon.co.uk I guess.

I was caught napping and missed it on amazon.fr so I've taken the chance and ordered it with Game. Hopefully I'll get it sometime before June.

• Advertisement

Is the exclusivity deal with GAME not limited to the high street? I've ordered previous games that were supposedly GAME exclusive from other .co.uk websites. Maybe they were just UK in domain name but operating from another country.

Edit: Coolshop have a UK domain but send their games from Denmark usually. But there only recently I ordered Devil's Third from GAME and of course it took well over a week to arrive but interestingly it shipped from Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Star Fox Zero - Foxy Fox Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAn5AgdPkCo

Just going to leave this here...

There was a reason I didn't post that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

On the latest IGN Nintendo Voice Chat, they did a 30 minute preview. Largely positive. Controls have a bit of a learning curve, but they seemed to overall like it. I expect a score between 7.5 and 8.5 from them. Not the disaster they were expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

EJ22 wrote: »

Just going to leave this here...

For some reason that reminds me a little of the old (very old) NES/SNES ads. I like it.

Mr E wrote: »
    On the latest IGN Nintendo Voice Chat, they did a 30 minute preview. Largely positive. Controls have a bit of a learning curve, but they seemed to overall like it. I expect a score between 7.5 and 8.5 from them. Not the disaster they were expecting.

While I very much enjoy the IGN Nintendo Voice Chats, I find that they're always in a rush to be at another meeting. Yet their site output is bare bones, especially when you look at blog sites that do so much more. And they for the most part take ages to upload them to Youtube, sometimes not at all. I'd love to know what they do every day. IGN used to be my number 1 site back in the day of Matt Casamassina, now I rarely if ever go to their site, only to watch their podcasts and visit the Wii/Wii U forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I really want this day one but the controls talk is scaring me. If this is motion based crap I'll be sorely disappointed.

The end credits pay tribute to Iwata.
    original.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

sligeach wrote: »
    The end credits pay tribute to Iwata.
    original.jpg

I wasn't ready for these feels :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Famitsu Scores are in.

Star Fox Zero (Wii U) – 9/9/8/9
    Star Fox Guard (Wii U) – 7/8/8/8

http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-review-scores-41216/

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Famitsu Scores are in.

Star Fox Zero (Wii U) – 9/9/8/9
    Star Fox Guard (Wii U) – 7/8/8/8

http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-review-scores-41216/
    Well colour me impressed with the main games scores and surprised that a mini game should score so well in pervy Grippy's game.

Not too long now, only 10 days... so, assuming Dark Souls 3 arrives tomorrow, that's 9 days to finish it before Corneria needs my help.... and I've to finish Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 first.... and Arkham Knight....

Bugger...

Famitsu = giving-thumbs-down-smiley-emoticon.gif

I think the review embargo ends next Wednesday.

Edit: 8p.m PT, 3p.m ET, so early hours of Thursday here, 4a.m. Or probably what it all goes by, midday in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Dark souls 3, mario bros U selects, ratchet and clank and starfox and alienation, then yokai watch, then uncharted...

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Great Scores in Famsitu. Glad it was well liked.
    As StarFox fan id be happy with 8/10, as fanboy in me bring it up to a 9 :)
    Looking fwd to both games Gamepad uses.

Cool Article on here too. Good read.
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/04/preview_star_fox_guard_just_may_be_the_scariest_game_of_2016

Project Guard could be up there with some of Nintendo like style great mini games. Ive gotten hours fun at house parties with people that never seen Wii U from NintendoLand (AnimalCrossing Game) and Raving Rabbits on the Wii.

kevin2me wrote: »
    Looking fwd to both games Gamepad uses.

Project Guard could be up there with some of Nintendo like style great mini games.

Couldn't disagree with you more on the gamepad usage.

I'd love if all they with the gamepad is off screen play or maybe an inventory at a push.

Unfortunately they seem to be adamant to implement something that such a small minority of their audience want.

As for project guard I'm looking forward to seeing what they've come up with here but wouldn't be holding up much hope of more than a few hours of pick up play and forget about it.

Nice to see a good score though, that's positive.

I'm going I can just use the regular controller, and to hell with the motion controls.

I'm going I can just use the regular controller, and to hell with the motion controls.

I want to use regular controls but there has been a LOT of motion control talk throughout development of this game which worries me.

I want to use regular controls but there has been a LOT of motion control talk throughout development of this game which worries me.

Say it ain't so!
    It ain't so!
    According to this article the motion/gamepad controls can be disabled but you aren't going to be able to hit all the targets, so if you are a 100% kind of completist then you are going to have to live with them.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/nintendo_says_that_star_fox_zeros_gyro_controls_can_be_turned_off

Me, not so much, regular controls all the way!

Say it ain't so!
    It ain't so!
    According to this article the motion/gamepad controls can be disabled but you aren't going to be able to hit all the targets, so if you are a 100% kind of completist then you are going to have to live with them.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/nintendo_says_that_star_fox_zeros_gyro_controls_can_be_turned_off

Me, not so much, regular controls all the way!

Ok I hadn't seen that. Thank god is all I can say.

I just remember seeing pictures of them holding the gamepad up with cockpit view etc.

If it can be turned of that's fantastic news.

Probably should have this preordered but there just still a part of me not ready to pull the trigger on it.

I don't know why but I just don't trust them with it.

Hopefully I'm proven madly wrong and it's a great game.

Being a big starfox64 fanboy I'll always make a comparison to that which is hard to live up to let's be honest.

That said update the graphics and give me more starfox 64 and it'd be a day one purchase all day long!!

Don't get fancy on me Nintendo! Don't make a mess of this!

• Advertisement

The file size for Star Fox Zero is 6.2 GB's, with an additional 1.5 MB's needed for installation. Star Fox Guard is 2.1 GB's. I'm surprised at the size of Star Fox Guard.

Advertisement