Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Fox Zero

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sligeach wrote: »
    The file size for Star Fox Zero is 6.2 GB's, with an additional 1.5 MB's needed for installation. Star Fox Guard is 2.1 GB's. I'm surprised at the size of Star Fox Guard.

Maybe good news. Maybe a decent amount to it as apposed to a tack on idea

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

TGC says 'awaiting stock/release' thats pretty exciting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, we'll all be out of our misery in a week, hopefully Parcel Motel won't screw up and it'll be on my desk here waiting for my next Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, we'll all be out of our misery in a week, hopefully Parcel Motel won't screw up and it'll be on my desk here waiting for my next Wednesday!

Hoping Amazon France doesn't take an age to deliver it either tbh, I want my first print edition lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

EJ22 wrote: »
    Hoping Amazon France doesn't take an age to deliver it either tbh, I want my first print edition lol

I'm for the vanilla edition, steelbooks do not rock my world at all.

I just hope that, regardless of how good it is, I can find the time to play it!
    Much of the awesomeness on the WiiU has gone unfinished in my house :(

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm for the vanilla edition, steelbooks do not rock my world at all.

I just hope that, regardless of how good it is, I can find the time to play it!
    Much of the awesomeness on the WiiU has gone unfinished in my house :(

Normally i'm the same, but I had to get the starfox one mainly due to the exclusivity of it honestly. Either way I'm looking forward to the game and can't wait for a few reviews to come out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I got it because it was in a cardboard box. Love Nintendo cardboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jos22

think last time I used Amazon France they shipped it out on thurday and had it following Wed

• Registered Users Posts: 29,017 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So with Gamestop selling for €64.99 now and the Game price working out at over €60, where is a good place to get this game? May just go with gamestop

Might just go with Gamestop. I'd be paying TGC like 40 quid anyway.

• Advertisement

jos22 wrote: »
    think last time I used Amazon France they shipped it out on thurday and had it following Wed

Thanks! last time i ordered from amazon.fr was for my n3ds last year so i can't remember how long it took.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    So with Gamestop selling for €64.99 now and the Game price working out at over €60, where is a good place to get this game? May just go with gamestop

if you're looking for the normal edition, thegamecollection are selling it at £29.45 + £2 delivery to ireland directly, otherwise they do deliver to parcel motel as well which would be free delivery from them.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/star-fox-zero-wii-u.html

May as well go special edition if I can. was in two minds about getting it but decided I may as well

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'm still looking for a good deal on the First Print Edition. I don't think €65 is good when compared to other bundles that were €50. Gameseek had the solus game for £28, about €37.75 delivered. So even with Star Fox Guard that's €15 and then a steelbook case, is it worth €12? I don't want to pay €65, better Wii U games and bundles were cheaper. I don't like missing out on games but it's the only way to get Star Fox Guard. Nintendo know what they're at.

Is guard not being released digitally?

Is guard not being released digitally?

yup the retail version is a download code in a box. the limited edition only way to get a disk based copy of Gaurd

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Just changed my order to Gamestop. More comfortable picking it up in store on the day than relying on Game to send it over from the UK.

65 isn't a great deal but it's acceptable. 80 quid was embarrassing.

Just changed my order to Gamestop. More comfortable picking it up in store on the day than relying on Game to send it over from the UK.

65 isn't a great deal but it's acceptable. 80 quid was embarrassing.

It's like choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea. They're both, putting it politely w@nk€r$. Is this allowed under EU law, it's like anti competitiveness? Well it must be or it wouldn't be happening. Gamestop in Ireland have been the UK equivalent of GAME on some of these "deals". This isn't by far the worst offender, it seems Nintendo may have set a higher price than usual. Yet Amazon France are selling it for €60.

Well I mean, it is technically 2 games and a steelbook. Its not unusual for the price to be higher, blu rays do it all the time.

It's like choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea. They're both, putting it politely w@nk€r$. Is this allowed under EU law, it's like anti competitiveness? Well it must be or it wouldn't be happening. Gamestop in Ireland have been the UK equivalent on some of these "deals". This isn't by far the worst offender, it seems Nintendo may have set a higher price than usual. Yet Amazon France are selling it for €60.

I believe since that time Nintendo got Slapped with price Fixing fines by EU courts
    it was left to each retailer to set the prices.

It's like choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea. They're both, putting it politely w@nk€r$. Is this allowed under EU law, it's like anti competitiveness? Well it must be or it wouldn't be happening. Gamestop in Ireland have been the UK equivalent on some of these "deals". This isn't by far the worst offender, it seems Nintendo may have set a higher price than usual. Yet Amazon France are selling it for €60.

Yeah I really hate exclusivity deals but I suppose since we're able to buy it in from other EU markets they're not doing anything wrong.

I remember years ago absolutely dying to play Company of Heroes 2 and pre-ordering it in Gamestop. Ending up paying something like 45 quid (it was 25 on amazon.co.uk). I was so desperate to play the game that I forked it over regardless, just to have it day 1... but I promised myself I'd never by from them again. Next week I break that promise :-(

• Advertisement

Still never understood what happened there. It's not like others like Apple don't fix their prices

Just seen its on gamestop.ie for 65 so I'm wondering what are they like for delivering pre-orders on time? I've never ordered online before from them but its working out a tiny bit cheaper to go with them, and i'll probably have it faster also as opposed to waiting from france

Just seen its on gamestop.ie for 65 so I'm wondering what are they like for delivering pre-orders on time? I've never ordered online before from them but its working out a tiny bit cheaper to go with them, and i'll probably have it faster also as opposed to waiting from france

I'm collecting from the local shop. If you're near one I think that might be best bet to guarantee day 1.

I'm collecting from the local shop. If you're near one I think that might be best bet to guarantee day 1.

Unfortunetly I'm not, nearest one is in castlebar and as I can't drive/parents won't be around on launch day, i'm stuck with post as only option

didnt gamestop offer release day delivery for free before on orders over 60 ?

What are The Game collection like for cancelling orders? Might as well go with first print edition.

What are The Game collection like for cancelling orders? Might as well go with first print edition.

Easy as pie, all you have to do is drop their CS team a message saying you want to cancel your order and give them your order number. I got a reply back within 24 hours cancelling my standard edition order i had with them

EDIT: Pre-order done with gamestop.ie, even paid the extra little bit for DPD delivery to hopefully make sure I have it on launch

Well I mean, it is technically 2 games and a steelbook. Its not unusual for the price to be higher, blu rays do it all the time.

I don't see Star Fox Guard as a full game. It really should have been put on the Star Fox Zero disc, it's padding. I think Peer from IGN described it best when he said it feels like this would have been the Star Fox attraction from Nintendo Land 2 or that they could easily have wrapped it in other Nintendo franchises. It's a mini-game and yet here it is as a stand alone game.

I don't mind it as a download, due to it's fairly light game play.
    And I really don't like Tower Defence games either.
    I think it kinda represents the diminishing returns of spending time and hence money on a title for a console that has had its day, in the nicest way possible.
    If games are having effort put into their release like Star Fox Zero itself, I think it is for sure that they will port it to the NX.

• Advertisement

Went into gamestop and preordered so that's sorted.

Advertisement