Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asics runners ....alternatives

Options
  • 14-11-2015 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

I've been running in Asics runners for 3 years now. Started out with 1100 range and since been through the 2150 , 2160 (3 pairs ) 2170 ( 3 pairs ) GT 2000, DS trainers.

I have hardly worn the GT 2000 which I have with 18 months ........just don't like them . I like the DS trainers, (they are neutral unlike all the other that are supported) I have run a half marathon in them but feel that's their limit for longer stuff. don't train much in them over 5 miles. I had stocked up on 2170's from Kildare village but opened my last pair 6 weeks prior to recent DCM. I have now put them back in their box as I just don't have a shoe I would feel comfortable running 26 miles in. My feet were perfect during and after the last marathon and I remember thinking about those runners with a few miles to go and where I could get a replacement.
    SO I need to start finding some alternatives as the GT 2000 range is still the only option and the soles of my feet feel the road and get hot in them.

You really can only test a runner by using them so I don't want to be spending money to fill the garage so hoping for some pointers from here especially from people who may have liked the 21xx range from asiscs and found an alternative. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

I was running with DS trainers for a few years. Recently have been using DS Racers for almost everything. This resulted in tight calves so I am mixing it up a bit. I have ran a few marathon in DS Racers and tbh I don't heal strike so I don't have an issue with them. I did try a pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire a bit back and I liked them. I have wide feet so outside of asics I find it hard to get a fit. Gonna have to try to look around too as the latest Asics I got GT2000 are too big a shoe for me.

Advertisement