Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 Boot error

Options
  • 14-11-2015 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

Windows 7 fails to boot on Packard Bell all in one.

This boot error was caused by the machine being powered off during Windows updates installation.

8a8e1ec4c3.png

The windows repair using the windows disc had no effect and the machine still won't boot to windows.

Any suggestions as to what else I can try?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The windows repair using the windows disc had no effect and the machine still won't boot to windows.

Boot into Ubuntu off a USB key, copy any files you need off the machine and then do format and clean install. Thats all you can do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kodistar

Hi there,

Try pressing f8 to get into safe mode and go last configuration that worked,if that doesnt help there is factory restore on all machines uslly by pressing f11 and start up you will get it and be able to factory restore your os doing this you will lose everything on your hardrive but you start of from fresh,if you cant get it to work get usb key download windows iso img make boot disk then boot from memory key to install operaring system problem sloved.hope i helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Unless you are a expert its easier to download an iso file ,burn image to a cdr.
    Get mint linux version 7 32bit iso file burn to cd,file is 650meg ,fits on 1 cdr disc.
    rather than making a bootable usb from an iso .
    a Linux live cd gives you acess to all files on drive c.
    Most windows 7 laptops have a hidden partition with a full windows 7 os install
    file on it
    .Copy files off drive c first,music, data,photos, video,s .
    as a windows reinstall deletes all files on drive c.

Try reboot f8 windows safe mode first.
    tap f8 key till safemode menu appears after turning on laptop.

I rather usb,easier downolad windows 7 usb program,point to iso the burn very easy to me but each to there own.

http://www.livecd.com/

Active@ LiveCD freeware package download for installation on Windows OS
    Download for Windows
    Active@ LiveCD Installer, size 461MB

there s a version for windows and linux.

Boot Disk can be started from a CD or USB flash drive Boots up any machine from a portable media: CD, DVD or USB flash disk

• Advertisement

I do know that ive used it before just taught usb iso is easier,you can also use hirens cd and usb there many out there use whatever your comfortable with.

heres more info

A: How to create a LiveCD/DVD via Windows

If the ISO file size is less than the capacity of a CD-R (usually 650 MiB, but check on the media box or disc label) then use a CD-R. If the ISO file size is bigger than the capacity of a CD-R then use a DVD-R. If you burn to a CD-R then you will create a ‘LiveCD’; if you burn to a DVD-R then you will create a ‘LiveDVD’. Even if the ISO file is smaller than the capacity of a CD-R, there is nothing stopping you using a DVD-R instead of a CD-R if you wish.
    4. Burn the ISO file to a blank optical disc, but not as a data file: you need to select the ‘Burn Image’ or ‘Burn ISO’ option in your burning utility. Optical media and optical drives are notoriously fickle, so burn using a low speed e.g. x1 or x2 in order to maximise the chance of a good burn. There are many commercial and freeware burning utilities for burning to CD-R and DVD-R. Commercial burning utilities include well-know applications such as Nero and Roxio. There are also many freeware burning utilities which you can find using e.g. Google. The Sabayon Linux Wiki article HOWTO:_Burn_Sabayon_from_Windows recommends the freeware burner ISO RECORDER but you can also find others using Google.

5. Boot the LiveCD/DVD to see if it works. You may need to configure your computer’s BIOS to boot first from an optical drive, or your computer may have a boot menu option which lets you select which drive to boot.

download iso file , use burn image command in the cd burning program ,set burn speed to 2 or 4x .

How to create a LiveCD/DVD on a USB drive (I call this a ‘LivePenDrive’) via Windows

This is only viable if your computer has a BIOS option to boot from USB pen drives, or a boot menu option to boot from USB pen drives. Legacy computers did not have these options, so, if you have an old computer that cannot boot from a pen drive, your only option would be to create a ‘Live’ optical disc.
    4. Download the utility UNetbootin for Windows, and install it.
    5. Run UNetbootin to create the LivePenDrive using the ISO file you downloaded. In the UNetbootin GUI window, don’t tick ‘Distribution’, tick ‘Diskimage’. Then select ‘ISO’, browse (use the ‘…’ button) to the folder containing the ISO file and select it. Make sure you have selected Type: ‘USB Drive’, and Drive: the drive letter for the pen drive. The pen drive will probably be D:\ or E:\ but, if you are not sure, check in Start > Computer (Start > My Computer if you are using Windows XP).

6. Boot the LivePenDrive to see if it works. You may need to configure your computer’s BIOS to boot first from a usb or your computer may have a boot menu option which lets you select which drive to boot.

MY Laptop has only boot from hd or cd/dvd .
    it wont boot from usb.
    toshiba satellite cpu 2.0 ghz .

i tried it on a live bootable usb drive.
    it does,nt boot up.

i press f12 get a menu boot from hdd
    boot from dvd/cd

you may need to set bios ,boot mode= cd/drive first boot device .

In linux from a live cd, click on pcfile manager ,
    drive c = sda0 or sda 1
    a cd may take 4-5minutes to boot up 100 per cent , as it needs to boot the whole os into ram .

Advertisement