Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100% buy to let mortgage.

Options
  • 14-11-2015 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I know it's unlikely, but does anyone know if it might be possible to get a 100% buy-to-let mortgage from anywhere??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

You need at least 25/30pc deposit for buy to let.. 100 buy to lets are back to good ole tiger days.. I hope they never come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Razzen wrote: »
    I know it's unlikely, but does anyone know if it might be possible to get a 100% buy-to-let mortgage from anywhere??

I think you are about a decade too late asking that question:) If these type of mortgages are ever offered again it shows that both the people taking them out and the banks offering them have learned nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Razzen wrote: »

It is possible if there is other security.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Most banks will give you one if you have another property to put up as security.

I recently enquired with all the major banks in Ireland - kbc,ebs,ptsb,ub,aib and they all told me security doesnt matter as much any more, they just look at your affordability. Its good that you have extra security but it wont secure a 100pc mortgage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

Fortunately the days of getting a 100% mortgage for a home or buy to let are gone. They were the cause of our bubble.
    Loan to Value (LTV) for Buy to Let mortgages (BTLs)
    • BTL mortgages are subject to a limit of 70 per cent LTV.
    • This limit can only be exceeded by no more than 10 per cent of the euro value of all housing loans for non PDH purposes during an annual period.

https://www.centralbank.ie/press-area/press-releases/Pages/CentralBankannouncesnewregulationsonresidentialmortgagelending.aspx

PTSB told me they would do 75pc on houses and 70 on apartments.. Going from the link above, i was told incorrect information then was i?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Fol20 wrote: »
    PTSB told me they would do 75pc on houses and 70 on apartments.. Going from the link above, i was told incorrect information then was i?

There allowed 15% exceptions to the rule

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ted1 wrote: »
    There allowed 15% exceptions to the rule

Which are, if you believe the media, all used up and maybe then some for 2015 already.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

L1011 wrote: »
    Which are, if you believe the media, all used up and maybe then some for 2015 already.

I stopped believing the media years ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement