Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eagles of Death Metal

• 14-11-2015 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Are the band playing in Paris. If anyone hears any news please put it here :-(

Stay safe dudes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Band got away but seemingly scattered, crew not all accounted for.

Terrible incident for all involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

****ing pack of medieval *****.rip to those when died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Eagles of Death Metal are one of my favourite bands, and I was delighted to finally get to see them live for the first time only 4 days ago here in Dublin. You would be hard pushed to find another band who are more about peace, love and just having a good time than EODM. The thought of hundreds of people being slaughtered for wanting to have the same great time that everyone in the Olympia had last Tuesday is completely sickening.

Sounds quite selfish but I was desperately checking for news of the band's safety last night. Looks like they got out OK.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Eagles of Death Metal are one of my favourite bands, and I was delighted to finally get to see them live for the first time only 4 days ago here in Dublin. You would be hard pushed to find another band who are more about peace, love and just having a good time than EODM. The thought of hundreds of people being slaughtered for wanting to have the same great time that everyone in the Olympia had last Tuesday is completely sickening.

Sounds quite selfish but I was desperately checking for news of the band's safety last night. Looks like they got out OK.

One of their crew was a victim last night AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I've seen that now, one of the guys working the merchandise desk. I tried a couple of t-shirt's on last Tuesday, I was probably talking to him :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I've seen that now, one of the guys working the merchandise desk. I tried a couple of t-shirt's on last Tuesday, I was probably talking to him :-(

Yeah, Nick Alexander. Wanted to go and see the band in Dublin but didnt end up getting tickets.

http://news.sky.com/story/1587749/generous-and-loyal-briton-among-129-victims

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

My thoughts exactly. Like the album... Peace. Love. Death Metal!

I saw them for the second time myself on Tuesday also, and **** like that really makes these incidents hit home. It was such a good, fun gig, and those poor people were the very same as us, just out wanting to have a good time and enjoy a great rock show. It really makes my blood boil!

**** IS and all the other vermin connected with it. As I said in AH, I never wish death on any person, but these aren't people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Horrific. Trying to steer clear of the coverage. I saw a vid earlier when the band were playing and the bullets go. God knows how they copped on what was going on and ducked/left the stage.

God knows how this will affect them and the rest in the venue mentally. It would be hard to see EODM come back after this. If the band and crew never left California again, I would totally understand. Shocking stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Metallica wrote:
    We had great fortune to work with Thomas Ayad at Universal Music France for the past eight years and while Thomas had the official title of being our "project manager,” we knew him as a member of our Metallica family, a fan, a friend . . . and a warm, helpful, supportive familiar face each time we visited France. Friday we lost Thomas, at the Bataclan theatre, in a way that none of us can begin to comprehend. Our thoughts are with Thomas’ friends, family, co-workers and all Parisians during these very difficult times. (photo from November 9, 2011 at Taratata TV show)

12274383_10153159896940264_2532274295910537598_n.jpg?oh=1f0c5b56c762aa0e9ed252ef8496e083&oe=56B29996

RIP :(

https://www.facebook.com/Metallica/posts/10153159896940264

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Watched Eagles Of Death Metal documentary "The Redemption Of The Devil" today. Jesse Hughes is crazy, and very crude. But it's only when he starts talking about the son that he is not allowed to see, that it becomes a very sad and poignant film. I can only imagine that he is very very upset now after the Paris massacres. Best wishes to him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Watched Eagles Of Death Metal documentary "The Redemption Of The Devil" today. Jesse Hughes is crazy, and very crude. But it's only when he starts talking about the son that he is not allowed to see, that it becomes a very sad and poignant film. I can only imagine that he is very very upset now after the Paris massacres. Best wishes to him

Interview coming later in the week on Vice news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Thanks. It's all even sadder when he is defending the gun lobby in the documentary film. I wonder how he feels about that now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Probably feels the same as most of the pro gun nuts, if the poor victims in the massacre had guns they would have been able to do something. However misguided that belief may be.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Awesome vid, question though - at 03:25 he mentions the gig is being broadcast on radio.

Anyone know what station that was or where I might find it? I was at the gig too, I'd love a copy of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Interview is incredibly uncomfortable. I only got threw a couple of minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Advertisement