Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#SanityClause December runstreak

Options
  • 14-11-2015 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭

Options folks

A) You can use the sheet over here - https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/the-sanityclause-december-akwrunstreak-tickets-19550826047?ref=esfb

or

B) Do the usual thing and use a local table for boardsies only

or

C) Both!

Name | Date Started | Distance (km) | Distance (m)| Nr Runs | Date Ended
    |||||
    |||||
    |||||

Couple of notes:
    - Do not post location information or links to GPS tracks please. This is a public sheet that anyone with the link can access.
    - While this is a fun event we have no time out, breaks or otherwise, no free passes. Break the #‎AKWrunstreak‬ you are done. It is about discipline and allowing yourself just 30mins each and every day.
    - The #‎SanityClause‬ is a great opportunity for running couples to run together on Christmas Day between the presents and the turkey.
    - Christmas runs may form part of your 30mins but you must run minimum 30 mins in one session each day.
    - HAVE FUN!!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

AKW wrote: »
    - The #‎SanityClause‬ is a great opportunity for running couples to run together on Christmas Day between the presents and the turkey.

That how you sell it to the wife?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

In fairness she is one of the people who completed. I think best I got to was Christmas eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

In fairness she is one of the people who completed. I think best I got to was Christmas eve.

I competed it last year too. One pissed run around a first in the dark.

Mrs Tunney doing it too this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Ah yeah sure why not. Hungover runs...can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Worn Out

I knew this was coming and I can't say I'm excited.
    Have completed the streak for the last two years but it became too much of a chore and took all the fun out of running.
    My legs felt like two tree trunks and as the streak went on I became progressively slower. When it came to January I lost interest in running and it took me a long time to recover.
    Saying all that it did make me run in places and at times that I have never run before.
    I'll probably go for the hat trick unless I see sense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

completed last year.

back for more.

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

I'm in too! I found it tough last year as I was being a bit too 'social'.... I also failed as I missed a Saturday where I spent the whole day travelling, however had I been more organised, I had a chance to get in the run that morning!!! Still haunts me... This year I'll finish it!

Last year was my first time ever taking part in anything like this in terms of 'online interaction' and I was amazed at the effect it had on my motivation to get out. If you're on the fence, try it for the first week... then you'll be hooked.

My tips to myself for this year will be to get organised (all my running kit in a basket ready to go) and to aim to run most mornings regardless of hangover etc as it's done and out of the way then. I should have access to a treadmill (on loan) for all of December too so no excuses!!

Good luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

Options folks

A) You can use the sheet over here - https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/the-sanityclause-december-akwrunstreak-tickets-19550826047?ref=esfb

or

B) Do the usual thing and use a local table for boardsies only

or

C) Both!

|||||
    |||||
    |||||

Couple of notes:
    - Do not post location information or links to GPS tracks please. This is a public sheet that anyone with the link can access.
    - While this is a fun event we have no time out, breaks or otherwise, no free passes. Break the #‎AKWrunstreak‬ you are done. It is about discipline and allowing yourself just 30mins each and every day.
    - Christmas runs may form part of your 30mins but you must run minimum 30 mins in one session each day.
    - HAVE FUN!!

So is this going ahead? which table is the preferred option?
    i was unable to participate in the last 2 years due to injury so i am really looking forward to it this year, i really need something to get my training back in gear:-)

Pmaldini wrote: »
    So is this going ahead? which table is the preferred option?
    i was unable to participate in the last 2 years due to injury so i am really looking forward to it this year, i really need something to get my training back in gear:-)

Oh yeah it is happening.

Mrs Tunney and I and using both lists.

tunney wrote: »
    Oh yeah it is happening.

Mrs Tunney and I and using both lists.

cool, i'll sign up now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

just signed up, will be an absolute struggle to complete this task as i have been out of running for the guts of a year, but looking forward to it

am i missing something or do something wrong but i did not see a table when i signed up using the link

just signed up, will be an absolute struggle to complete this task as i have been out of running for the guts of a year, but looking forward to it

am i missing something or do something wrong but i did not see a table when i signed up using the link

Is it hugely sensible to undertake this if coming back from an injury.

Of the many people who start it, most will fail anyways, but for them a failure is just a box not ticked not another year off running?

tunney wrote: »
    Is it hugely sensible to undertake this if coming back from an injury.

Of the many people who start it, most will fail anyways, but for them a failure is just a box not ticked not another year off running?

Well for me it is sensible enough, i was not off through injury, due to the fact i had my first kid and was trying to renovate my house, i just did not get out running as much as i normally would have.

when i was running i was able to get out 6 if not 7 days a week, even if it was only for a short easy 30 min run, so i think i might have a good chance of completing the goal set out in front of me.

but cheers for the support, way to knock most of us back before we start :)

Well for me it is sensible enough, i was not off through injury, due to the fact i had my first kid and was trying to renovate my house, i just did not get out running as much as i normally would have.

when i was running i was able to get out 6 if not 7 days a week, even if it was only for a short easy 30 min run, so i think i might have a good chance of completing the goal set out in front of me.

not sure how that was a knock back?

If not an injury that kept you off then go for it.

mossym|1/12||||
    |||||
    |||||

to help, i'll start the table, reply to this post, copy the table, fill out as i;ve done and you're started!!

in fairness i think tunney was just trying to save you getting injured again, having done this last year it's a toll on the body and not something to undertake if injury prone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

mossym|Dec 1||||
    shotgunmcos|Dec 1||||
    |||||

Very very tentative and will pull out at the first sign of overdoing it.

Assuming its just 30 mins at whatever pace, so if one has to walk bits.. all good, right?

mossym|Dec 1||||
    shotgunmcos|Dec 1||||
    tunney|Dec 1||||
    glenda|Dec 1||||
    |||||

mossym wrote: »
    in fairness i think tunney was just trying to save you getting injured again, having done this last year it's a toll on the body and not something to undertake if injury prone

oh i know, was only kidding hence the :) apologies to tunney

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

If you went through Eventbrite you'll get a link to the google sheet once the month starts. Its not open before then.

For boardsies it's probably easier to remain on the forum here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Tempted but having never run more than 10 or 12 days straight I'm not sure how it'll go. Best case scenario I get to the 24th :D

pgibbo wrote: »
    Tempted but having never run more than 10 or 12 days straight I'm not sure how it'll go. Best case scenario I get to the 24th :D

and not even a hangover to be blamed.......

Name Date Started Distance (km) Distance (m) Nr Runs Date Ended
    mossym Dec 1
    shotgunmcos Dec 1
    tunney Dec 1
    glenda Dec 1
    loudymacloud Dec 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

I've never run more than 3 days in a week but I usually run 60 - 90 minutes when I do.
    I've been minding an ITB injury since September and its more or less cleared up now, not sure if this will be good or bad for it but I think I'll give this a spin for a week and see how it feels.

Generally more a jogger than a runner doing 10K at about 5:45 pace 53' is my best time and I have done a 25' 5K

Plan for week one will be to get past 5K every day in the 30 minutes. The biggest challenge will be organising clean gear and having it to hand where and when opportunity arises.
    Another issue will be trying to keep a bit of swimming and cycling in the mix.

mossym Dec 1
    shotgunmcos Dec 1
    tunney Dec 1
    glenda Dec 1
    loudymacloud Dec 1
    PMaldini

can someone please fix the table, i cant seem to get Dec 1 into the start date!:o

mossym Dec 1
    shotgunmcos Dec 1
    tunney Dec 1
    glenda Dec 1
    loudymacloud Dec 1
    PMaldini Dec 1
    stampydmonkey Dec 1
    stampydmonkess Dec 1

Let the games begin:D:D