Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog flap recommendations

• 14-11-2015 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

I'm going to put my elaborate luxury kennel plans on hold until the finances are in better shape. In the meantime I need a good dog door for large-ish dogs. My head is spinning from reading contradictory reviews online so I thought I'd ask for help here.

This is the situation...
    Panelled wooden door. I don't particularly like the door so I don't care if it's ruined.
    Two medium-large dogs, one of whom is of sturdy build. They are both pretty cooperative and trainable.
    I'm willing to spend a bit of money on it, but not stupid money.
    I don't need fancy electronic stuff, but I'd like it to be pretty draught-proof and at least a bit burglar-resistant.

Ideas?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

My boyfriend has been trying to persuade me to put a dog flap in our back door but he hasn't been able to find a solution that would satisfy me that (i) the dog would be guaranteed to be safe if she had the freedom to go outside on her own and (ii) that a burglar couldn't use the flap to access our house (she's a fairly large dog).

I definitely haven't seen a dog flap that I would be happy would achieve those things... maybe I worry too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I personally wouldn't recommend a dog flap, relative of mine had a medium dog flap but a burglar still managed to get into the house, dog escaped out the side lane, hit by a car and died, so just because they don't rob anything doesn't mean there aren't consequences.

Advertisement