Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simply mild ale. Won't carbonate.

Options
  • 14-11-2015 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I have a nicely flavoured ruby coloured Ale in bottles for over a week now. One carbonation drop pre bottle. I have nowhere in the house greater than about 16 degrees. The bottles feel even cooler than that. Question is, do they have a chance at this temp. It fermented nicely at about 20C. My September and October brews worked fine, but I think the weather was a bit warmer then. Any ideas ? I don't mind waiting an other few weeks, so long as I think it might work ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I have a nicely flavoured ruby coloured Ale in bottles for over a week now. One carbonation drop pre bottle. I have nowhere in the house greater than about 16 degrees. The bottles feel even cooler than that. Question is, do they have a chance at this temp. It fermented nicely at about 20C. My September and October brews worked fine, but I think the weather was a bit warmer then. Any ideas ? I don't mind waiting an other few weeks, so long as I think it might work ?

Just pop one open. If there's any sign of gas then you should be okay I reckon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It'll be fine. 16C is a bit on the low side so just allow another two or three weeks. Don't try and rush it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Would a mild not have a very light carbonation anyhow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anthonyvbyrne

3 weeks in bottles now, and it is just right. It is crystal clear, and rich in flavor. It pours with a 'light' head which fades out within 15 mins, but there is a liveliness to the body even so. I am more than happy with it now. best served refrigerated to about 5C :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

3 weeks in bottles now, and it is just right. It is crystal clear, and rich in flavor. It pours with a 'light' head which fades out within 15 mins, but there is a liveliness to the body even so. I am more than happy with it now. best served refrigerated to about 5C :-)

You weren't very thirsty then? :)

Good result on the beer btw ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anthonyvbyrne

FYI about 6 weeks since bottling now. I must say it is just perfect for consumption now. Shame there's only one bottle left. No F**king patients.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I must say it is just perfect for consumption now. Shame there's only one bottle left.
    Classic homebrewer problem. The solution is to make more beer.

Advertisement