Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - WiFi Security Camera

Options
  • 14-11-2015 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

I bought one of these Lidl cameras a month or so ago and it pretty much works well.

The one thing that I can't seem to get working is the FTP upload. It will email me images and save them locally (snapshot and video) but that is on command and I would like it to just save them on alarm. It seems to suggest that is doable but no matter what I put in the settings nothing seems to work! Anybody tried this and got it to work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

soram wrote: »
    I bought one of these Lidl cameras a month or so ago and it pretty much works well.

The one thing that I can't seem to get working is the FTP upload. It will email me images and save them locally (snapshot and video) but that is on command and I would like it to just save them on alarm. It seems to suggest that is doable but no matter what I put in the settings nothing seems to work! Anybody tried this and got it to work?

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Sorry i cant offer you an answer but wondering if you are using this for looking outdoor as im considering picking one up

• Registered Users Posts: 46 FTimon

Whats the brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭soram

Camera is fine but I don't use it outside so I can't help you there. I'd say it is not water proof though.

It is generic Lidl sold under IUK. The software is crap. I got FTP to work with other better stuff with the free iSPY software. Couldn't get the sound to work with that though so if anybody can help there..........

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

These type of cameras can be jammed or hacked so effectively useless for security purposes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

soram wrote: »
    Camera is fine but I don't use it outside so I can't help you there. I'd say it is not water proof though.

It is generic Lidl sold under IUK. The software is crap. I got FTP to work with other better stuff with the free iSPY software. Couldn't get the sound to work with that though so if anybody can help there..........

I was planning on using it indoors but monitoring outdoors through the bedroom window - ive since learned this may be useless as glare from the glass will render images useless

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭soram

That may be so but it pre supposes a lot of technology available to the feckers putting their rubbish in my bins!
    Jamming! That needs a pretty powerful rf transmitter. So if you are targeted for your millions you might want something better but otherwise ......

Advertisement