Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc sw-1070 wiring check

Options
  • 14-11-2015 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all...i recently started a diy alarm system install for myself...eventually bought the hkc sw-1070,and have it partly installed....

Ive gone through the installation manual, and some good threads here, and have seen altor's wiring photos.

Can someone help to take a look at the pic below..and let me know if im on the right track...

the house is pre-wired. 6 core cable. & i've identified 4 runs of cable,
    - outer bell
    - front door
    - Downstairs windows and rear door
    - upstairs windows.

I would like to put shock sensors on the downstairs rear door & window.
    I would like to have the shock part of those on a seperate zone of their own.

Is this wiring ok..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mark74

Looking at it again, you will probably wonder why i have 3 different types of end of line...i didnt put a resistor on the front door as its just 1 simple run from the box to the door...with no risk of cable damage.

& for downstairs, i didnt think id have enough wires for the 2 zones on 1 run of cable...but just realised if i managed upstairs using only 3 wires..then i could do the same downstairs...but id loose my tamper wires. &t the downstairs wires have low risk of damage surely..i can see how the ones in the attic could get damaged but not the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Mark74 wrote: »
    Hi all...i recently started a diy alarm system install for myself...eventually bought the hkc sw-1070,and have it partly installed....

Ive gone through the installation manual, and some good threads here, and have seen altor's wiring photos.

Can someone help to take a look at the pic below..and let me know if im on the right track...

the house is pre-wired. 6 core cable. & i've identified 4 runs of cable,
    - outer bell
    - front door
    - Downstairs windows and rear door
    - upstairs windows.

I would like to put shock sensors on the downstairs rear door & window.
    I would like to have the shock part of those on a seperate zone of their own.

Is this wiring ok..?

Its not necessary to have the shock and contact on different zones if your only using one sensor on the one window. This will also free up the extra cores for you to set it up as DEOL. This will cover the tamper and alarm zone.
    Also why just contacts on an upstairs window?
    I would use shocks as this will allow you have the window partially open at night with the sensor still on, much better than have the contact turned off completely to have the window open on a warm night.
    Also you can use a duel device rather than separate contacts and shocks.

Thanks for the feedback Altor......the shock sensors are dual....sensor +magnet in the 1 unit.
    My thinking for putting them on seperate zones was for instance when planned building work and rock breaking begins next year in the field behind me....i could disable the shock zone...while leaving the magnet zone activated. Or maybe im overthinking that.

I hadnt thought of that for upstairs...good idea...luckily i havent bought all the sensors yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

You can also set the gross and pulse to zero or higher depending on what works are being carried out.

ah, perfect, yes had seen that in the manual ,...but just wanst sure what was normal practice or best way of doing things. that sounds a much better option.

thanks for that.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    Also why just contacts on an upstairs window?
    I would use shocks as this will allow you have the window partially open at night with the sensor still on, much better than have the contact turned off completely to have the window open on a warm night.
    Also you can use a duel device rather than separate contacts and shocks.

sorry to bother you again....now that that idea has sat with me a few days...(takes a while for the penny to fully drop sometimes)...

...how does that window open at night work.......you mean wire the shock section of the upstairs sensors as 1 zone, and the magnet section as another zone...and set the alarm with the magnet zone disabled. ......& in the morning either turn off the alarm before closing the window..or close it very gently.

that must be right,..right?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would be very careful of this situation. It causes way too many alarms with the window being closed during the night etc. The norm in the industry would be contacts only on upstairs windows if they are not accessible. If they are obviousally shock & contact with the contact isolated & some form of safety lock limiting the opening would be my recommendation.

Advertisement