Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Episode 6 | Always Accountable [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

A guy Austin Amelio is rumoured to be appearing as
    Dwight.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Enjoyed that episode, better than last week.

It's literally impossible to dislike Daryl, hope he finds those two idiots and gives them a slap. He has no bike or crossbow now :(

Looking forward to the last 2 episodes.

Edit: Also, was that Glenns voice on the walkie Talkie? Sounded a bit someone asking for help but not wanting to speak to loud, like someone stuck under a big wheelie bin :pac: . http://vocaroo.com/i/s0UPHMhO77CX

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

An episode that essentially just showed that Daryl, Sasha and Abraham got a bit delayed on their return to Alexandria. It ticked a few of the cliche boxes too.

1. Introduce some characters.
    2. Have at least one of them die a terrible unbelievable death.
    3. Show them afraid to trust.

I'm almost surprised the last scene was them being eaten as Daryl collected his bike and crossbow from nearby with him saying "I told ya you'd be sorry".

Every episode doesn't have to be balls to the wall of course, but nothing happened there essentially, except for the fact that a new group we know nothing about featured. They may feature in future episodes, but they may not. We don't know if the group has a name, where they are or how many of them. If they are going to be important they should have given some more details. Not really a spoiler, but tangentially mentions comic stuff:
    The fact they didn't really show faces makes me think they might be part of a group from the comics, but I think they'd have said a bit more if they were. the man with one arm is the only way we'll know, aside from Daryl saying so I guess. They could be them, but I'd be disappointed if so the way it was done.

This felt like a bit of a non-episode. At least the Morgan-centric episode was interesting, well written, and well acted, this was just.. a bit plodding. Pretty much just a filler and stuff that will only become interesting in a few weeks time when you realize the meaning of some stuff.. "Oh the figurine was of the guy that they're hunting" or some such (I have no idea if that's the case, it's just a wild assumption).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Without spoiling future episodes this episode was very important in introducing a new group that will feature in later episodes as they have done in the comic series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

I really enjoyed that episode

If nothing it had me thinking "oh no don't let this happen" and "well I hope that fcuker dies"

something that was missing from the last few

But yes hearing that over the Walkie Talkie I immediately thought of our favourite Korean

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

ricero wrote: »
    Without spoiling future episodes this episode was very important in introducing a new group that will feature in later episodes as they have done in the comic series

Yeah this is why I liked it! Not an awful lot happened in fairness, but I never found myself getting bored (like last week).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

ricero wrote: »

Yeah I only found out after who the guy that robbed Daryl's bike and crossbow is. Was his name mentioned by either of the girls?

Decent episode. We needed more of Daryl and we got it. But when the blond girl ran over to her dead friends and knelt down beside them I just kind of shrugged and thought 'ah it's the winner of the stupid character of the week award'. Why does the show continually do this? It's the worst aspect of it and lets it down very badly.

Presumably we're now up to date with everyone's story so far so I would imagine we'll surely find out Glenn's fate in the next one right? Right?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

So, again, I'm gonna disagree and say there was actually a lot in this episode.

Firstly, it introduces people from
    Negan's
    group. You don't have to know the comics to know that the introduction of these new people is important. The people the trio are running from are obviously evil. We know this from their behaviour and the behaviour of the trio running from them.

The man, (Comic
    Dwight, for those reading the comics
    ) said that they've been there since the start and still don't know everyone. How big must that group be for that to be true? A huge threat must be on the horizon.

Daryl got to know these people and even asked them the questions. And then got stabbed in the back. Since around the midpoint of Season 5, Daryl has been terribly conflicted about the path himself and Rick are on. He's finally started to come out from Rick's shadow, believing that he may know better; that Rick's ways may finally be outdated; that they can finally get back on track and trust others and live and let live. And so he trusts these people, having asked the questions that his group have been basing their moral judgements around for several years now. And it kicks him in the ass. This episode is a definite turning point for Daryl, I reckon. Turning him back on the path of distrust. It's knocked him back a good bit.

The less interesting stuff was the Abraham/Sasha budding love. I find this uninteresting because Sasha is completely unlikeable. I hope she dies quite soon.

Also, looks like Glenn is alive. In what condition, who knows... But I'll enjoy an episode about Daryl saving Glenn alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The less interesting stuff was the Abraham/Sasha budding love. I find this uninteresting because Sasha is completely unlikeable. I hope she dies quite soon.
    They don't look like a couple at all. He's more suited to the other one. Is he going to have two girlfriends now or is the other one just FWB? Things could get awkward :pac:

• Advertisement

See... I didn't actually get any evil vibe from the group and was actually expecting them to be good in the end. It kind of felt like it required knowledge of the comics to fully understand that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Never read the comics (well read the first few), but assume that group is
    Negan
    . The refusal to show a face has me assuming it's someone big anyway and that's the next option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I thought it was a very good episode. New characters and new sinister group, who are only up the road from Alexandria. I thought the help could be the two people who took Darryls bike and crossbow. Did they also get his walkie talkie?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    They don't look like a couple at all. He's more suited to the other one. Is he going to have two girlfriends now or is the other one just FWB? Things could get awkward :pac:

Nah, Sasha told him he had to get some stuff right; she was talking about dumping Rosita.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭rayfitzharris

I didn't get too evil a vibe from the new group, did the leader not say something about letting them go that they were only going to take things so far? Also he complains about the cost of the fuel which I though was quiet funny.

Perhaps the have somewhat of a semi successful society where resources have to be earned and accounted for..
    Although I think we'very seen bad omens about where that can go with the whole hospital storyline...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I have mixed feelings about this episode. Certainly an improvement on last week, which I thought was poor (and not just because it was slower paced, as anyone who expressed disappointment towards seemed to be accused of).

I enjoyed Daryll's role in the episode and the situation he found himself in, and like most comic readers
    I assume that the group they were running from was the Saviours
    . That said, I found the whole Abraham/Sasha part of the episode awful, full of cringey monologues that had pretensions of being clever but came off as non-sensical. I really, really dislike Sasha, more than I ever did the much-maligned Andrea.

One other gripe I had was poorly executed deaths between the guy in the woods and in particular the girl. The latter looked like something out of a dodgy B-movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I think the implication of the new group being bad was handled subtly. But they did say people trade Everythign to be safe. Which implies if you don't have anything to trade, you are ditched. They stole the insulin as they felt they paid for it somehow, yet they were being tracked down for it. Also I thought them owing for the fuel and time of the men was sinister. Like Beth in the police hospital place. You owe more than you could possibly repay.

Thought it was a little slow, but I like darryl a lot and I think it started the ball rolling in some strong new themes. I did the subtitle trick on iTunes but the 'help' just said ' man on walkie' beside it :(

Thought it was a little slow, but I like darryl a lot and I think it started the ball rolling in some strong new themes. I did the subtitle trick on iTunes but the 'help' just said ' man on walkie' beside it :(

I really don't think that was Glenn, but hopefully we'll find out next week. I haven't watched the trailer and probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

5starpool wrote: »
    I really don't think that was Glenn, but hopefully we'll find out next week. I haven't watched the trailer and probably won't.

No I never watch trailers! Ruins it for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The Ginger and Sasha didn't interest me but the Daryl storyline was good. I'd really like to know how other countries are handling the whole thing especially those countries with a lack of guns. The Americans seem to be majority assh0les in the Walking Dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sorry but I thought that episode was the worst this season. I know it was a bridging episode to move a new story arc forward (and an important one at that), but I was bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They didn't need to have Daryl immediately find a ****ing lorry.

And one probably full of fuel too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Was it my imagination or did the truck that Daryl find have Patty on the back - was it the truck they were looking for. I thought Patty was a friend of theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

5starpool wrote: »

And one probably full of fuel too.

They must have amazing car and truck batteries in the world of TWD. Vehicles sitting idle for at least several months, and more likely near two years now, just start way too easily if it is convenient for the storyline.
    But I thought this episode was okay. Not the greatest ever but I usually enjoy Daryl focused episodes.

The way the two characters that got munched on walked into it was a bit lame. Also "walk it off"? How tough are these guys meant to be, that made it sound like he had been stung by nettles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

So sad that Daryl lost his crossbow :(

Loved seeing more of Daryl, rest of the episode was pretty poor!

Only 2 episodes left til February :( Hope they're a hell of a lot better and really hope we aren't kept hanging til then to find out Glen's fate.

Sasha's real name is Sonequa, that is all...

People have been mentioning this other group - have they been referred to at all in the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Gave it a 2. Very boring and the final scene is just unforgivable jump-the-shark storytelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭RoryMac

The ginger guy is a pain, hope he dies a horrible death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

titan18 wrote: »
    Never read the comics (well read the first few), but assume that group is
    Negan
    . The refusal to show a face has me assuming it's someone big anyway and that's the next option.

I reckon it's the Governor

Advertisement