Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Episode 6 | Always Accountable [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Gave it 4. Daryl's part was pretty interesting. But it was only half an episode really. The other half the whole Sasha/Abraham part was pointless filler.

The writing is just horrendous. The girl getting spooked and diving on the walkers was probably the stupidest thing I've seen in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Mr E wrote: »
    ... but I was bored.
    I spent most of the episode on Tumblr, more listening to the episode than watching. Pretty much nothing happened until the end - Glenn is alive then. Three whole episodes later to find out he might not have died. That is just crap. Apart from Rick (and Morgan, who took a several season hiatus), he's the only character that's been there since episode 1, and deserves better. Sure, the other characters back stories need to be filled in, and other stuff needs to be said, but they didn't need to drag this out. If he is still alive, then that's a cop out. He was in an unsurviveable situation, surrounded by hundreds of walkers, ain't no coming back from that. If they wanted him alive but in peril, and the viewer not to know what had happened, then they shouldn't have had him fall to the ground in the first place. I'm really pissed off at how they've done this.

Anyway, this episode was boring. Some good stuff with Daryl, which was great to see as he's been practically invisible in the episodes so far. The trio of new people were a bit strange. How long has the zombie apocalypse been going on now, and still people just walk up to dead bodies with a bunch of flowers in hand like they don't know something is going to happen? That was stupid, and she deserved to get eaten. As for the guy that got his arm removed, again, idiot. If they're supposed to be a menacing group of hard-asses, why so stupid?

The new group. Nothing in this episode suggests that they're all that bad. I know people that are reading the comic books are all sure it's some ultra-enemy group for Alexandria to deal with, but they had three unarmed people way out numbered and out gunned, and yet they just turned around an left because they weren't worth it? That doesn't exactly scream nazi supergroup to me.

Some say it's a pivotal moment introducing this new group, well I wasn't blown away by it. When we actually get to see them, and what they have and are capable of, then maybe that will be a pivotal moment. Also, Abraham just happens to find a box of RPG rockets, and the RPG, which just might come in handy if, I don't know, say a nazi supergroup happens to enter the fray...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

First time a diabetic featured in TWD IIRC. Any insulin supplies would be as rare as hen's teeth, it also goes off (loses potency) after a 18-24 months (as does refined fuel), but I guess I shouldn't let science in the way of a good story.

At least she doesn't have to worry about her next insulin shot! Stupidest way to die, evah!

Episode was a bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Two dead people covered in sheets? Kneeling down beside them is obviously the best course of action here."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

No I never watch trailers! Ruins it for me!

Me too. I don't even know why they show them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

No I never watch trailers! Ruins it for me!

the trailer for next week is 30 seconds of nothing. It doesnt give anything away really
    although it looks like Ron is going on a shooting mission

J. Marston wrote: »
    "Two dead people covered in sheets? Kneeling down beside them is obviously the best course of action here."

My understanding of that whole scene is that they were covered by the melted plastic/glass/whatever was in the roof, not with sheets..?

But either way, it was stupid.

RoryMac wrote: »
    The ginger guy is a pain, hope he dies a horrible death.

he is a pretty prominent character in the comics. I think with Darryl around though (not an original character) he plays a less significant role.

They seemed to be building up to something with his alcohol problem so who knows. I guess he is still really bitter regarding what Eugene lied about. Cant blame him for being what Americans refer to as a douche!

Voted 8 mainly due to the numerous booby shots of the new hot still alive one but, not much in the way of excitment but felt the episode passed much quicker than last weeks although I watched this while having a few drinks on board which may be the reason for my original musing

I spent most of the episode on Tumblr, more listening to the episode than watching. Pretty much nothing happened until the end - Glenn is alive then. Three whole episodes later to find out he might not have died. That is just crap. Apart from Rick (and Morgan, who took a several season hiatus), he's the only character that's been there since episode 1, and deserves better. Sure, the other characters back stories need to be filled in, and other stuff needs to be said, but they didn't need to drag this out. If he is still alive, then that's a cop out. He was in an unsurviveable situation, surrounded by hundreds of walkers, ain't no coming back from that. If they wanted him alive but in peril, and the viewer not to know what had happened, then they shouldn't have had him fall to the ground in the first place. I'm really pissed off at how they've done this.

Anyway, this episode was boring. Some good stuff with Daryl, which was great to see as he's been practically invisible in the episodes so far. The trio of new people were a bit strange. How long has the zombie apocalypse been going on now, and still people just walk up to dead bodies with a bunch of flowers in hand like they don't know something is going to happen? That was stupid, and she deserved to get eaten. As for the guy that got his arm removed, again, idiot. If they're supposed to be a menacing group of hard-asses, why so stupid?

The new group. Nothing in this episode suggests that they're all that bad. I know people that are reading the comic books are all sure it's some ultra-enemy group for Alexandria to deal with, but they had three unarmed people way out numbered and out gunned, and yet they just turned around an left because they weren't worth it? That doesn't exactly scream nazi supergroup to me.

Some say it's a pivotal moment introducing this new group, well I wasn't blown away by it. When we actually get to see them, and what they have and are capable of, then maybe that will be a pivotal moment. Also, Abraham just happens to find a box of RPG rockets, and the RPG, which just might come in handy if, I don't know, say a nazi supergroup happens to enter the fray...

I know it was over radio but that really didnt sound like Glenn to me.Much more deep voice than Glenns.

But if he was in a "bit of bother".. his voice would be different so its more than likely him and the actor has altered his accent a good bit to leave viewers speculating...

Here is Glenns first words over radio and what we are assuming was him also over radio. very different in my opinion.

off the wall laughable theory but it sounds more like Nicholas than Glenn so perhaps he has his hands on the radio and is trying to help Glenn while he knows he himself is dead meat (literally)

it is hard to know what time line they are on though. I got the impression Glenns predicament in the alley occurred much earlier than where Darryl, Sasha and Abraham are now in time so if it is Glenn its him in hiding under the bin youd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Thought it was OK, gave it a seven. Good to see Daryl again, rapidly becoming the most moral character..

Liked bit with Sasha and Abraham, tho I've always liked Sasha, think she's far more believable than many characters. Don't get why she's disliked.

Thought her or Abe were going to die what with their speeches in the office.

The new characters were interesting if not terribly likable, so far anyway.nasty reminder of hospital system.

Was wondering if voice on radio was Glenn saying no as Nicholas fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Some thoughts just occurred to me

So the new large group set the forest on fire, because it was riddled with walkers. So how does that truck manage to hide in some bushes and preserve its fuel and battery, while everythign around it burns?
    Also if they've killed a huge amount of walkers these guys are gonna be pissed that the alexandrians just dumped a massive herd on their doorstep. Are they 20 miles away?
    I'm also surprised the other group hadn't salvaged anything. Of importance from that nearby town. Especially with army guys in it.

I thought the melted greenhouse glass on the walkers was cool, but the girl was clearly an idiot.

We will see the red head and the girl again, mainly because darryl has to be reunited with his crossbow and he has to give the figurine back.
    I like sasha and I like abe, but the two together are creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

So the new large group set the forest on fire, because it was riddled with walkers. So how does that truck manage to hide in some bushes and preserve its fuel and battery, while everythign around it burns?
    Also if they've killed a huge amount of walkers these guys are gonna be pissed that the alexandrians just dumped a massive herd on their doorstep. Are they 20 miles away?
    I'm also surprised the other group hadn't salvaged anything. Of importance from that nearby town. Especially with army guys in it.

I thought the melted greenhouse glass on the walkers was cool, but the girl was clearly an idiot.

We will see the red head and the girl again, mainly because darryl has to be reunited with his crossbow and he has to give the figurine back.
    I like sasha and I like abe, but the two together are creepy.
    I thought the truck had been hidden there by a friend of the 3 who Daryl met, think they expected to find it earlier but it wasn't where they expected it... Didn't they talk about patty which was the name on truck?

sabhail wrote: »
    I thought the truck had been hidden there by a friend of the 3 who Daryl met, think they expected to find it earlier but it wasn't where they expected it... Didn't they talk about patty which was the name on truck?

Oh maybe! I wasnt really paying attention when they were talking about their friend. I just saw the burnt motorcycle helmet walker, and presumed the truck had run it down ages ago and then it all burned.

But your way makes more sense as to why the battery worked, and there was fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Darryl lost his crossbow AND his bike, that's like losing his identity!

I wonder if the new group will turn up and tell Rick's group that they 'owe' them for the truck.

I hope the voice on the radio is Glenn but I think it sounded a little bit like Eugene.

Why would Eugene be asking for help though? Makes no sense at all. During the wolf invasion he was helping in surgery and then he wasn't seen at all when the walkers came to Alexandria. It has to be someone we know has a walkie talkie already. Possibly the red head and girl, or Glenn. It's highly u likely to be anyone already in Alexandria is in danger again, and Rick couldn't find a walkie first.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

sabhail wrote: »
    Was wondering if voice on radio was Glenn saying no as Nicholas fell.

The voice said "help" though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Listened back, unless there was heavy post editing, that was not Glenns voice. I thought it was at first but then I relistened to it and IMO, it sounds nothing like him.

I think the point is that viewers will think of him first.

Is this whole season going to be over the course of one week?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Why would Eugene be asking for help though? Makes no sense at all. During the wolf invasion he was helping in surgery and then he wasn't seen at all when the walkers came to Alexandria. It has to be someone we know has a walkie talkie already. Possibly the red head and girl, or Glenn. It's highly u likely to be anyone already in Alexandria is in danger again, and Rick couldn't find a walkie first.

Red head and girl are in the truck?

My money is on Glenn :)

Decent ep. I really liked Dwight's introduction, it'll be interesting to see where the hell that RPG Abraham found comes into the story!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭forumuser

I think the voice at the end was Rick calling for help because the walls are beginning to give in at Alexandria. I don't think the timeline is right for it to be Glenn. And please can we leave comic spoilers/speculation out of it for us TV watchers :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Voted 8 mainly due to the numerous booby shots of the new hot still alive one but, not much in the way of excitment but felt the episode passed much quicker than last weeks although I watched this while having a few drinks on board which may be the reason for my original musing

There has been a notable increase in booby / cleavage shots and cussin' this season. I endorse this message. Am I shallow? You betcha'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

maximoose wrote: »
    Decent ep. I really liked Dwight's introduction, it'll be interesting to see where the hell that RPG Abraham found comes into the story!

There is no situation where the RPG is not the right solution AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Rosie Rant wrote: »

I hope the voice on the radio is Glenn but I think it sounded a little bit like Eugene.

maybe he doesn't understand what lesbians are and was using the radio to find out, poor Eugene.

maximoose wrote: »
    Red head and girl are in the truck?

My money is on Glenn :)

Meant the ones who stole darryls stuff and bike! Not abe and sasha, I know their names!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

well it can only be one of the main group that are on the walkie talkie cant it? Wasn't it only Rick/Sasha/Glenn/Darryl that had them? Assuming they all still have them it could only be coming from Glenns, though not actually him.. maybe that's how they find zombie/dead/injured Glenn?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

How the hell did Daryll and the other 3 make their escape in the woods? they were surrounded by heavily armed men who pulled up in trucks who could see where they were then all of a sudden couldn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

snowgal wrote: »
    well it can only be one of the main group that are on the walkie talkie cant it? Wasn't it only Rick/Sasha/Glenn/Darryl that had them? Assuming they all still have them it could only be coming from Glenns, though not actually him.. maybe that's how they find zombie/dead/injured Glenn?

The new crowd had them too. So there's a possibility that they picked up on them trying to contact Rick and are laying a trap.

I'm pretty sure it's Glenn though, hiding under the dumpster covered in an other mans intestines.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Patty was the truck, as the pointed out on talking dead, the truck was outside the fire area, there was a gap and green trees around it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

J. Marston wrote: »

More importantly, why the hell do zombies lie down with their eyes closed as if they were asleep? What the hell is that about?

• Advertisement

I definitely saw the crossbow come flying off the bike. I then started day dreaming about directing my own episode where I'd put in a ton of continuity errors for the craic. Then I see Daryl with the crossbow in his hands. I couldn't help but laugh.

Advertisement