Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Episode 6 | Always Accountable [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, I was sure he lost the crossbow when he came off the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Patty was the truck, as the pointed out on talking dead, the truck was outside the fire area, there was agap and green trees around it

Not everyone gets to see the talking dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

ThisRegard wrote: »
    More importantly, why the hell do zombies lie down with their eyes closed as if they were asleep? What the hell is that about?

Maybe they are kind of asleep until something awakens them...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

More importantly, why the hell do zombies lie down with their eyes closed as if they were asleep? What the hell is that about?

Some of them do that lurkers,

Zombies, the undead, biters, the horde... These monsters answer to many different names throughout The Walking Dead, but our central group identifies two very dangerous types: the roamers and the lurkers.

Roamers wander aimlessly in search of fresh food, often swarming together when one can catch the barest hint of human life. Lurkers, meanwhile, lie in wait for their prey, sequestered in dark corners only to spring to life (or un-life), jaws snapping and fingers grasping when an unlucky meal inadvertently chances upon them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I think this season has turned out to be god awfully paced the first 3 episodes were on the ball and then we had two episodes that just were total filler's Morgan and that terrible episode in Alexandria. They should have gone the Spartacus spin off (ganicus) route with morgan and gave him a short mini series so when he shows up as a player everyone knows who he is and you dont get this shoddy story telling stopping and starting. It just seems all over the place cutting back back and forth the previous two episodes weren't needed i would prefer a shorter season if it meant we didnt have to put up with this crap again. Also i feel like they are just going to turn this next group into the governor all over again going of the way we saw him standing and his dress style it just felt like the governor two. And again my complaint this entire season people being eaten in the most retarded ways that girl the last episode i forget who got bit, the bald guy previously it's ruining the show at this point its like a check box they tick for episode. It's not even furthering the plot or doing anything significant.

The comic is meant to be a never ending apocalypse story but i think they need to work on coming up with an end to this it's getting far to repetitive and i think it's a show that will fizzle out with low rating eventually like lost and not get a ending or some conclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Lone Stone wrote: »

The comic is meant to be a never ending apocalypse story but i think they need to work on coming up with an end to this it's getting far to repetitive and i think it's a show that will fizzle out with low rating eventually like lost and not get a ending or some conclusion.

All the while we willkeep watching to see what happens next, all it really takes is 2-3 good episodes to get us gripped each season!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That wasn't even the lead guy so no way can you say he looks like the governor totally ridiculous thing to say

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

off the wall laughable theory but it sounds more like Nicholas than Glenn so perhaps he has his hands on the radio and is trying to help Glenn while he knows he himself is dead meat (literally)

Well considering Nicholas shot himself in the head and it splattered all over Glenn's face, I think it's somewhat unlikely that he decided to call for help for Glenn while having his torso devoured.
    That wasn't even the lead guy so no way can you say he looks like the governor totally ridiculous thing to say

There is more chance of Nicholas talking on the radio with an exploded head than that being the governor.

It has to be someone in Alexandria surely, although not sure why that's what they'd say. It makes sense that Glenn would just say help if trapped under a bin surrounded by walkers, but I still don't think it was him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Lurkers imply some of intelligence, I'm not quite sold on there being different levels of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

5starpool wrote: »
    Well considering Nicholas shot himself in the head and it splattered all over Glenn's face, I think it's somewhat unlikely that he decided to call for help for Glenn s him.

Oh completely forgot he shot himself, my bad! As I said it was a mental theory!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Lurkers imply some of intelligence, I'm not quite sold on there being different levels of them.

The terms "roamers and lurkers" are from the source material ,
    obviously roamers are far more common,

Its not a intelligence but a semi hibernation or sleep type mode that they go into probably as soon as they turn.

We have seen them in show a few times right from the pilot.
    When Ricks goes past a bus in Atlanta on the horse there is 3 lurkers on the bus that wake up when they hear horse and walk off bus after him.

oh ya lurkers aside that glasshouse scene in last episode was terribly written there's been some pretty bad scenes this season if they spend half the time they did on special effects on the writing this show would be a lot better.

seven stupid scenes so far this season
    (1) Carter bit by walker stuck in a tree.
    (2) Redshirt bit off screen by stealth walker when 10 other people where standing around
    (3) David bit on back by stealth walker when 10 other people where standing around
    (4) Eastman bizarre death dance
    (5) Tina(diabetic) glasshouse death
    (6) a new baddie guy bit by walker stuck in a van WTF
    (7) suicide of Betsy(off screen) in 6x03 that you had to watch the talking dead to know about

poor writing dragging it down. This show could be a a lot better.
    There's an increasing trend towards special walker effects and walker kills and killing. Now in fairness some of the effects and cinematography are excellent but thats not what makes a show excellent. they forgotten the humans are the walking dead.

Keplar240B wrote: »
    The terms "roamers and lurkers" are from the source material ,
    obviously roamers are far more common,

Its not a intelligence but a semi hibernation or sleep type mode that they go into probably as soon as they turn.

We have seen them in show a few times right from the pilot.
    When Ricks goes past a bus in Atlanta on the horse there is 3 lurkers on the bus that wake up when they hear horse and walk off bus after him.

oh ya lurkers aside that glasshouse scene in last episode was terribly written there's been some pretty bad scenes this season if they spend half the time they did on special effects on the writing this show would be a lot better.

seven stupid scenes so far this season
    (1) Carter bit by walker stuck in a tree.
    (2) Redshirt bit off screen by stealth walker when 10 other people where standing around
    (3) David bit on back by stealth walker when 10 other people where standing around
    (4) Eastman bizarre death dance
    (5) Tina(diabetic) glasshouse death
    (6) a new baddie guy bit by walker stuck in a van WTF
    (7) suicide of Betsy(off screen) in 6x03 that you had to watch the talking dead to know about

poor writing dragging it down. This show could be a a lot better.
    There's an increasing trend towards special walker effects and walker kills and killing. Now in fairness some of the effects and cinematography are excellent but thats not what makes a show excellent. they forgotten the humans are the walking dead.

They are following the narrative of a comic and are obliged to keep it to a similar tone. The show is essentially fantasy so the writing is always going to be secondary to the story arc, characters and special effects. This is what most viewers would say.

Yes this season has been slow but Alexandria and the inhabitants are important to the original narrative so it is important to show them and then it will all flow much better in February and the following couple of seasons when things make sense. The period they are playing out at is much more uninteresting in the comics so the show has done a decent job by introducing aspects like the Herd and the Wolves to liven it up a bit. But a lot of things that have happened like explaining Morgan's past, Maggie pregnancy, Daryl's run in with the characters in last episode, and even Ron ever growing grievances with Carl whilst seemingly unexciting and seemingly slowing the story down are extremely important for future seasons.

So tbh I think it's been a good season thus far considering. It verged on a soap opera in episode 5 but in hindsight a lot was set up. I envisage the last 2 episodes before mid season break will be fast paced and most that has happened thus far this season will be for a reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Listened back, unless there was heavy post editing, that was not Glenns voice. I thought it was at first but then I relistened to it and IMO, it sounds nothing like him.

I think the point is that viewers will think of him first.

Is this whole season going to be over the course of one week?

I don't know, sounded like Glenn to me.

I'm starting to think this whole thing is like a bait and switch. We all think Glenn is dead, then he isn't. Phew. He gets rescued but in the process Daryl dies, for real this time. Which would bother me because I love Daryl :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

They are following the narrative of a comic and are obliged to keep it to a similar tone. The show is essentially fantasy so the writing is always going to be secondary to the story arc, characters and special effects. This is what most viewers would say.

Any chance you could edit out the spoiler bits from the comics or at least spoiler tag them.

ceadaoin. wrote: »

I'm starting to think this whole thing is like a bait and switch. We all think Glenn is dead, then he isn't. Phew. He gets rescued but in the process Daryl dies, for real this time. Which would bother me because I love Daryl :(

I think it's not him but it's meant to make you think it's him. It just didn't sound like him when I relistened although it's over radio and there's alot going on so I could be wrong but I just don't think it sounds like him.

If Daryl died I don't think the rest of my family would watch it again though. I would but I think they would walk. It would be a decent and unexpected switch.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Any chance you could edit out the spoiler bits from the comics or at least spoiler tag them.

I didn't spoil anything. For goodness sake. I made sure my post was ambiguous.

Nothing that I said hasn't happened already and the post was a general reply to the poster who was unhappy with the writing not a spoiler to anything.

I said certain aspects are important and of course they are. They wouldn't have dedicated a whole episode to these new characters for example if they weren't going to be important.

Surely you figured that out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

See for me it seems unlikely the walkie talkie person is someone we don't know. There are loads of signals on walkies and you have to tune into them. You only know if someone is using a signal if you are going through them and at that exact moment you heard them speak. It's more probable that it's soemone who has it tuned to their exact frequency already as they don't talk consistently enough for soemone to hone in easily.

Also they are driving home. At a guess they are half way when they hear the voice? Possibly too far from the new group and also too far from Alexandria as then Rick would have responded already. Maybe only glen or perhaps someone who found glens walkie would be close enough ?

I said certain aspects are important and of course they are. They wouldn't have dedicated a whole episode to these new characters for example if they weren't going to be important.

Surely you figured that out?

I wasn't having a go, I have read the comics, so neigh bother to me, just several posts in this thread have been spoilery, yours were by no means the worst, just on the phone the last few so hard to say anything and I think someone else already did. If I haven't read the comics, they clarified where things might be going. Just me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Did Nick actually shoot himself?

The way the blood splattered on Glenn suggests not imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I think that was just a bad continuity error on the part of the show itself - wouldn't be the first time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

ceadaoin. wrote:

I've listened to it a couple of times, first time I definitely thought it was Glenn, second time I'm not so sure. It could very well be Glenn even tho it doesn't sound like him (most likely under some sort of duress which would be a factor) but what Im leaning towards now is your man and your one who took Daryl's bike.

They took his walkie aswell I thought? They could have ran into their old group again, desperate, they call out to the man they just practically left for dead. It could be a thing where they (daryl, sasha and Abe) find them, save them in a way, but when it comes to weather or not they might bring them back with them to alexendria, daryl is having none of it. This then would be the end of Daryl being the recruiter, being the person to give people second chances and the beginning of him going back to Alexandria and settling down for the big fight.

It could also just be Glenn, but I'm sure we'll see your man and his missus again because I am 100% certain he will get his crossbow back. Its like michonne without her sword, just doesn't feel/look right!

Of course he did. I don't think we need a blood spatter analysis to determine that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Yes he did and he fell into the zombies. What else could he possible of shot at point blank range to his own head?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Yes he did and he fell into the zombies. What else could he possible of shot at point blank range to his own head?

I assumed that by that statement the poster meant that someone else might have shot him while the gun was to his head. Fast forward a few episodes and it shows us from another angle that someone did shoot him and they help Glen? Total guess work but perhaps??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

SillyBeans wrote: »
    I assumed that by that statement the poster meant that someone else might have shot him while the gun was to his head. Fast forward a few episodes and it shows us from another angle that someone did shoot him and they help Glen? Total guess work but perhaps??
    We saw Glen getting eaten by zombies. They ripped out his intestines and ate them in front of him. So I'm pretty sure he is dead.

Really bugs me that they all seem to have forgotten that you can smear yourself in a bit of zombie blood and walk amongst them unharmed. That's what I thought Glen was going to do. I suppose he did get pulled into the zombies so he didn't really get a chance to think up a plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

I think that was just a bad continuity error on the part of the show itself - wouldn't be the first time!

The continuity in that scene was all over the place. Nick shoots himself in his right temple, facing glen (so on Glenn's left side). Blood splatters on Glenn from his right side. Nick falls to the side, and somehow drags Glenn with him even though he didn't fall towards Glenn. Glenn falls head out into the walkers, but somehow is head in to the bin immediately afterwards. Glenn and Nick fell along side each other when falling, but Nick is directly on top of Glenn at the end.

None of it makes sense at all, which will make it OK if Glenn is still alive, as the whole scene was completely impossible to begin with.

And I know, you have to suspend your disbelieve in shows like this, it is about dead people walking around and eating us after all, but poor continuity and bad writing really just ruin a show like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

wrt40 wrote:
    We saw Glen getting eaten by zombies. They ripped out his intestines and ate them in front of him. So I'm pretty sure he is dead.

We don't know if we saw Glen getting eaten or if we saw them eating the other chap's intestines when he fell on top of Glen...

wrt40 wrote: »

Really bugs me that they all seem to have forgotten that you can smear yourself in a bit of zombie blood and walk amongst them unharmed. That's what I thought Glen was going to do. I suppose he did get pulled into the zombies so he didn't really get a chance to think up a plan.

No you didn't see his intestines being ripped out. Not with 100% or anyway near clarity. Nicholas fell on top of him. The intestines were being grabbed from an area "of glenns body" where intestines aren't located. They are also being ripped from a higher level from the ground unless glenn seriously buffed up suddenly. I'm very very sure it wasn't glenn they were ripping into at that moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

No you didn't see his intestines being ripped out. Not with 100% or anyway near clarity. Nicholas fell on top of him. The intestines were being grabbed from an area "of glenns body" where intestines aren't located. They are also being ripped from a higher level from the ground unless glenn seriously buffed up suddenly. I'm very very sure it wasn't glenn they were ripping into at that moment.
    I took that to be bad special effects. If they wanted to plant some doubt i think they would have done it in a smarter way.

His name is off the credits too. I think his character has run its course and all this lovey dovey with Maggie was always a non runner in an apocalyptic zombie story. I think it was a good way to kill him off, which is the main reason I feel he is actually dead.
    Better than getting his head smashed in with a studded baseball bat that's for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if they leave it hanging as it is.

Although, with some awful story lines lately I probably shouldn't be surprised.

• Advertisement

Use spoiler tags ffs.

Advertisement