Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridgewood Manor - Kildare Town

Options
  • 14-11-2015 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi All

Any opinions on new houses being built in Kildare town- called Ridgewood Manor? Who is the builder, location, things to watch out etc

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 langleybc

plasmin wrote: »
    Hi All

Any opinions on new houses being built in Kildare town- called Ridgewood Manor? Who is the builder, location, things to watch out etc

Thanks in advance

I've just put a deposit on one of these houses. I really like the area but would like other posters opinions on the area. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Are they only building 4 beds? I done a quick search and I can only see 4 beds on daft. Look like a lovely house. We're looking for a new build ourselves at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

They built Whitethorn in Athgarvan and survived the building meltdown - so that can only be good.

They own the entire site and it looks like about 200-220 houses + creche in all. A mix of 3bed, 4bed & 5bed. Looks like the 3bed will be in a different phase

http://webgis.kildarecoco.ie/PlanningEnquiryLIte/default.aspx put "Garyaron" into applicant box and all the planning permissions will show.

Kildare Town will see a lot of development over the next few years - Tully Road & old Barracks are both due for Development as are sites on the Monasterevin road. Decent Town, good transport links and obviosuly good shopping in the Kildare village.

Its also quiet enough - even the rougher types have grown up. Decent bars and restaurants too.

The other advantage of Kildare Viillage shopping is the number of part-time jobs they have for younger people, so if you're thinking ahead of bored teens looking for money all the time, there's good employment prospescts for them in their college years. (saving Mom and Dad a fortune :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

I love across the road from these houses. My only issue with them would be the proximity to the railway line. It's very close.

I agree with the above poster about the town. Have lived here for 15 yeas and love it nice small town but close to Newbridge and Naas so that you have all the benefits. You will need car though to get around

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Alfie1607

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had any further opinions on Ridgewood Manor in Kildare town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

I'd like to know as well... Deposit down so would really love to know what ppl have to say abt it.

What do you want to know

garbeth wrote: »
    What do you want to know

Anything to do with build quality of the houses (we're still to do a snag list so if there is anything to watch out for) and what's the area like in general. If you know anything about schools in the area (apart from the Educate Together across the road as there is currently waiting list in place for my son's age).
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

Elle13 wrote: »
    Anything to do with build quality of the houses (we're still to do a snag list so if there is anything to watch out for) and what's the area like in general. If you know anything about schools in the area (apart from the Educate Together across the road as there is currently waiting list in place for my son's age).
    Thanks.

The builders are average in my opinion, not bad but not outstanding either. Make sure to check that they have insulated the house well as I know people who have bought Garyaron houses before and they were lacking in this area.

While Kildare Town is a nice town there is nothing for young people to do during the long winter nights. Kildare County Council have no provision for leisure facilities in the town and it may be a long wait as neither does Newbridge.

The next couple of years will be important for the town as there will be a lot of new houses. If managed correctly the town will only benefit, if not it could be simply a shell with nothing but housing estates.

In short, nice place but zero recreation/leisure/cultural facilities apart from natural ones.

Can only echo what NedNew2 has said. Can't comment on the houses or schools as I don't have knowledge or need for schooling. One thing I would check is the sound proofing as you are very near the train line at that estate.

The area itself I love. It doesn't have a great deal of amenities but is close to Newbridge and Naas which whilst not that much better they have some more.

There are a few sports clubs in the town including tae-kwon-do, gaa dance classes, soccer and boxing clubs.

• Advertisement

Alfie1607 wrote: »
    Hi. I was wondering if anyone had any further opinions on Ridgewood Manor in Kildare town?

I've pm you back but can't see the message in my "sent" folder.. Did you receive it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Suzanne31

We also have a deposit down out only concern is the view of the industrial estate. It's a bit of an eyesore and were concerned it may effect the resale value. Anyone elsehave these concerns? Wondering if you think trees willbe put there to cover it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Suzanne31

Thanks.

We also have a deposit down were just concerned that the view of the industrial estate is too much of an eyesore - do you have any concerns overthat too?

Suzanne31 wrote: »
    We also have a deposit down were just concerned that the view of the industrial estate is too much of an eyesore - do you have any concerns overthat too?

We don't like the idea of looking at the old factory either but as far as we can see it now, we'll be facing kinda away from it and we're gonna be past the buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭murt101

Thanks.

There's also a gaelscoil in town, near the GAA club and a huge mixed primary school, St Brigids, a very good school. Lots going on, loads of activities for kids between GAA, rugby, soccer, irish dancing, stage schools, hip hop, gymnastics, art classes, scouts, coder dojo etc.... sign up to follow Teach Dara on facebook to see some local stuff. There really is loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Oasis 647

just worried about the safety as the estate opposite the road is not a nice place . Plenty alcoholics and drug addicts wandering around .otherwise good houses

Where did you get that information

Someone from the town .. We were going to give the deposit but confused . Need to enquire more

I live in the next estate up from here. Both estates are very quite. Go up and see for yourself

Oasis 647 wrote: »
    just worried about the safety as the estate opposite the road is not a nice place . Plenty alcoholics and drug addicts wandering around .otherwise good houses

This is quite serious statement to make so I only hope "someone from town" who gave you this information is someone you can 100% trust.
    I am going to inquire re the same with local guards!

• Advertisement

Suzanne31 wrote: »
    We also have a deposit down out only concern is the view of the industrial estate. It's a bit of an eyesore and were concerned it may effect the resale value. Anyone elsehave these concerns? Wondering if you think trees willbe put there to cover it again?

Hi Suzanne31,

We've been recently down to have a look at the house again and it looks like we're gonna be FACING the old factory in the end. 😞 Not impressed is an understatement. We'll be asking the builder if there is a plan for planting tall trees!

Oasis 647 wrote: »
    That's really unfair to say. Just because it is a council estate doesn't mean that the people living there are drug addicts or alcoholics. I personally didn't even consider that as a deciding factor when purchasing my house in Ridgewood. People need to stop stereotyping people based on where they live.

Hi Suzanne31,

We've been recently down to have a look at the house again and it looks like we're gonna be FACING the old factory in the end. 😞 Not impressed is an understatement. We'll be asking the builder if there is a plan for planting tall trees!
    Hi Elle,
    Check out the plans for the estate on the kildare county council website. There was an attachment that showed plans for planting trees and shrubbery in the estate. Might answer your question :)

Alfie1607 wrote: »
    Hi Elle,
    Check out the plans for the estate on the kildare county council website. There was an attachment that showed plans for planting trees and shrubbery in the estate. Might answer your question :)

Hi Alfie,

We've tried to look it up but can't see any attachments re trees and greenery (May be an Android issue though).
    You wouldn't be able to put a link to it here by any chance?
    Thanks again.

i live in kildare town too... i know very well about 'The palins and Mary Ville ' Just google and you can find more details . There was photographs of two guys who are from one of these estates was spreading around through whatsapp to alert the parents. Can't tell u anymore. Find out yourself if you want ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 auds 75

The estate directly across from Ridgewood is not called the Plains, it's called Collaghknock Glebe. And also all towns and villages have a few dodgy characters but that doesn't mean the whole neighborhood is a bad place. Where you choose to live can be as good or bad an experience as you make it. And also there are plenty of things do do in Kildare Town as highlighted by one of the above contributors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dawnstj13

Hi I am looking for some information regarding the house itself, the size of rooms, appliances which are included as per showroom. What floors are included ? Quality ?

Also if anyone commutes to dublin each day, what is traffic like on the m7 around 5ish..

Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

Dawn

I live across from this estate. I work in Swords and leave at 7:50 and get in 8:55. Just started so can't say what it'll be like in the winter. Traffic can be bad when it's raining but it's generally moving.

Can't tell you what it's like at 5

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dawnstj13

Thank you for replying, that's good timing for you. I would be coming off at tallaght. So I'm hoping it be around 45 50 mins ?
    garbeth wrote: »
    I live across from this estate. I work in Swords and leave at 7:50 and get in 8:55. Just started so can't say what it'll be like in the winter. Traffic can be bad when it's raining but it's generally moving.

Can't tell you what it's like at 5

• Advertisement

I know someone leaving Newbridge around the same time for a nine start in Tallaght. The old barn road can get busy. Only way to know is to do it some morning before you have to.

Advertisement