Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridgewood Manor - Kildare Town

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

dawnstj13 wrote:
    Also if anyone commutes to dublin each day, what is traffic like on the m7 around 5ish..

I've lived in the town for 10 years, and I worked in Dublin for 9 of them. During the summer/school holidays it's fine, traffic heavy but it flows. Autumn & Winter is horrible sorry to say. Dark wet roads and tired drivers there are accidents regularly.
    Realistically you can do the drive in 40mins, it has on occasion taken me over 2 hours. One time I left at 7.15 and arrived in tallaght just before 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Anyone any problems . The last few houses they built they didn't build to spec 're the show house . Seems they ran into trouble with suppliers and never notified deposit holders

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Saundra

levitronix wrote: »
    Anyone any problems . The last few houses they built they didn't build to spec 're the show house . Seems they ran into trouble with suppliers and never notified deposit holders

Ooh, that scares me, we were really considering buying in this estate. Has anyone any more news on this?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chazz Reinhold

We have a deposit put down for a 3 bed in phase 2 and they are really messing us around. Anyone else in this position?
    We are using the Help to Buy scheme and after waiting since July for them to register now they are telling us we need to pay the 10% deposit ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Alfie1607

We bought in this estate, one of the newer houses. Our house is very similar to the show house but there are a couple of small things that are different. I think they make the house better. I can give you more info if you are concerned?
    With regards to the developer, I think they were fair and patient and we have no complaints. We had to pay the full 10% deposit ourselves which wasn't ideal but have since been refunded from the help to by scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 marie2505

Bought in the estate too, I thought the industrial estate was a bit or a put off but doesn't bother us. In fact they are security cameras pretty much everywhere on the the industrial development so it good for the estate. Houses are fab running cost minimal 800 to 1000 per year for heat and light. Similar houses in Naas are over 100k more expensive.

Saundra wrote: »
    Ooh, that scares me, we were really considering buying in this estate. Has anyone any more news on this?
    Thanks

Lots !
    Sandra miss represented the property so many times it was a joke. Either lies or stupidity ? Being told the house was timber frame and it was block built . Being told the house would be built same as show house and it wasn't.

From my last comment I was sent solicitors letter saying I was deflaming the builder on social media .

So many times they attempted to offer my deposit back as a gesture of good will because I complained , I was told they would sell the house for more money to other buyers .

And now I'm in the house 2 weeks . I'm still waiting on appliances and I'm told I have to wait till late January ! . The foreman doesn't answer my calls .

Worst experience ever . This is my 3rd time buying a new house and never had an experience like this

Last week I returned home . I had to ask contractors to leave my home who let them selves in themselves . They where having a meeting and using the time to write emails on my kitchen counter .

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone who bought in the estate would be interested in joining a closed Facebook group for residents or maybe a whatapp group? Would be somewhere private to discuss things/communicate with other residents. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chazz Reinhold

No mention of Ridgewood in this article at all.

Lack of communication from CME/Sandra or something else going on?

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/new-to-market/new-homes-schemes-in-commuter-counties-1.3364127

This and the messages further up make us so glad we pulled out when we did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Alfie1607 wrote: »
    Hi there, I was wondering if anyone who bought in the estate would be interested in joining a closed Facebook group for residents or maybe a whatapp group? Would be somewhere private to discuss things/communicate with other residents. Thanks in advance

we should be in before the summer, good idea.

What’s the quality of the white goods that come with the houses? In the process of buying and not sure whether to acccept what’s given or to negotiate for an allowance...

TheShow wrote: »
    What’s the quality of the white goods that come with the houses? In the process of buying and not sure whether to acccept what’s given or to negotiate for an allowance...

Not sure the value but I’m sure Sandra would be able to tell you. I’m happy with what we got other than the washing machine. It was far too small so we got a new one. The washing machine in the new show house is a lot better than what we got so hopefully that’s what you get in your house too!

Hi, what broadband providers are people using? I rang sky to transfer my tv account over to the new address and they said that the connection is not strong enough for sky broadband? anyone else experience this?

TheShow wrote: »
    Hi, what broadband providers are people using? I rang sky to transfer my tv account over to the new address and they said that the connection is not strong enough for sky broadband? anyone else experience this?

Yeah we couldn’t get sky broadband. We went with virgin broadband in the end. I find it very good, no complaints!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

That’s weird. I live across the road and have Sky tv and broadband.

Got to the bottom of it, all the houses have a fibre power line into the house which is not compatible with sky broadband. as most normal connections just have fibre power to the cable and then a normal copper wire to the house. So when Sky say the connection is not strong enough, what they actually mean is their technology is old.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Grali87

Hey, I put down a booking deposit on one of the last houses in Phase 2, should be built by July/August they tell me. I'm still waiting on mortgage approval and a little worried about the timing of it all, wanting to get my appliances included too.

How long did the process take for the guys who bought?

Grali87 wrote: »
    Hey, I put down a booking deposit on one of the last houses in Phase 2, should be built by July/August they tell me. I'm still waiting on mortgage approval and a little worried about the timing of it all, wanting to get my appliances included too.

How long did the process take for the guys who bought?

Once you get you approval, its really up to the solicitors and what closing date you choose.
    When you get your mortgage approval, the pressure will be off for a while until the solicitors start doing their merry dance and a load of things crop up at the last moment!
    Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pumpkins1979

Hi,

We are moving into the estate in the coming weeks, just wondering if anyone's new house came with the attic floored?

• Advertisement

Hi,

We are moving into the estate in the coming weeks, just wondering if anyone's new house came with the attic floored?

yes, out attic came floored and there is an attic ladder system also, similar to a Stira system.
    Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pumpkins1979

Thanks for that @TheShow.

Do you also have an energy supplier you can recommend?

Thanks for that @TheShow.

Do you also have an energy supplier you can recommend?

Best to price around, I use airtricity

• Registered Users Posts: 7 i8sme

@pumpkins1979 did the house came with the attic floor? we did our snag list last week and remembered that there were no floors on the attic at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mouse88

We put a deposit on a house in ridgewood back in July and we were told by Sandra the house would be ready in September. The house has not been touched since we paid our deposit and the builder has told his solicitor he is not in a position to give a finish date. The biggest problem is in order to pay a deposit we had to go sale agreed on our house and we are closing next week meaning we are facing having to find somewhere to live for an unknown amount of time. Can anyone tell me if they’ve had similar issues with CME/ the builders and if it was resolved? We are so stressed and have a one year old baby to think about. The level of communication is shocking and our solicitor is struggling to get any more information. They want our 10% but we are not happy to hand over that money and not have a date for finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 i8sme

we were the same boat as you, we put down the deposit & signed the contract last June Sandra took the deposit but it has been a very slow process.what we did was keep calling/email them for updates but still took about more than 3 months after the key was handed to us
    mouse88 wrote: »
    We put a deposit on a house in ridgewood back in July and we were told by Sandra the house would be ready in September. The house has not been touched since we paid our deposit and the builder has told his solicitor he is not in a position to give a finish date. The biggest problem is in order to pay a deposit we had to go sale agreed on our house and we are closing next week meaning we are facing having to find somewhere to live for an unknown amount of time. Can anyone tell me if they’ve had similar issues with CME/ the builders and if it was resolved? We are so stressed and have a one year old baby to think about. The level of communication is shocking and our solicitor is struggling to get any more information. They want our 10% but we are not happy to hand over that money and not have a date for finishing.

unsure whats happening on the site, but rumor is the top of the site ( parallel to the railway track ) might be for sale ? I think they changed building materials again, did they run into supplier problems again ? very few contractors on the site 
    one thing we only noticed very late was our attic storage in the walkin wardrobe was not done like all the other houses on our block, i feel they just didnt bother  and left it out in the rush to finish the house.
    if your worried just pay a few euro for a solo check and see if they have gotten into money troubles , not sure what it will show

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mouse88

Well we have pulled out of Ridgewood after getting a credit report on the company. We are not confident in handing that much money over. The builder replied to our solicitor saying if we paid the 10% we would have the house by Christmas but I doubt this was a serious date and just a way to get us to pay the deposit. I recommend anyone in doubt review the company credit report and make your decision.

2 years later and the houses are still being built and developer still in business so the above post is not really reflective of the current situation.

• Advertisement

Anyone have any info on the general state on play on this estate, as per above?

Just anything of a recent update from anyone that bought and is in would be brilliant, thanks.

Advertisement